ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard the #2 pick in mock draft? Rob #4 ?

I watch NBA games almost every night. It's not on the players. It's how the rules have been changed to give offensive players every advantage possible while handicapping defenses.

Let me guess, you two fellows are the types who believe today's players are such superior athletes no one can stop them?
I do think that generally today's players are superior athletes to the past, but that is on both sides of the ball. Your argument about the rules is well taken, but that is not the comments I've responded to. People that say "no one plays defense in the NBA" is what I've responded to.

This should be emphasized. Everyone called for Reed to start over DJ. Since he has, we have lost. I understand the Cal hate, he has really struggled in the last 4 years, but to bitch about him not playing people, and then he does and the results get worse, maybe he was doing it right before?
Reed’s losing record in the last 4 games is not because of his starting but because our defense allowed the opponents to get whatever they wanted down low. Maybe some of that could be attributed to Sheppard but it was and continues to be a team ( and Coach) failure on defense.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
23 was a weak draft also but it had hi end talent at the top in Wemby and Miller.
24 draft class doesn't have anyone like that at the top.
Currently 14 of the 30 23 first rounders are in the G league.
14/30 in the G League is insane. But for those saying that Reed has so much to work on, etc. - that G League number should clarify things. Those dudes are making between 2.5 and $6 million in the G league and developing.

Reactions: SkyPrince1
I read that 14 was the highest number ever at this point in the season.
Can't see it being any different for the 24 draft class, maybe even higher.
The big thing is there is no pay cut for being sent down to the G league.

Reed is about to go on a tear to try to salvage this lost season. Dilly will be held back by Cal on the bench for no explainable reason.

They will both be drafted top 15.

Reactions: true blue1
14/30 in the G League is insane.
Not really. It’s becoming standard practice for NBA teams to use their G-League affiliate the same way baseball has always used its minor league system. Start your draft picks there until they’re ready to move up.

They’ve increasingly done this each year since they adopted the affiliate system. It’ll likely be even more than 14 next year.

Reactions: ganner918
Not really. It’s becoming standard practice for NBA teams to use their G-League affiliate the same way baseball has always used its minor league system. Start your draft picks there until they’re ready to move up.

They’ve increasingly done this each year since they adopted the affiliate system. It’ll likely be even more than 14 next year.
Yeah, why have a guy on the end of the bench when he could be getting lots of game minutes in the g league? Go back to any random draft 20 years ago, how many 1st rounders were getting limited to no minutes as rookies? No different.

Reactions: UK90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT