ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

One question, did you watch them play or did you just listen to them play? The first one you shared I stated it was the "only time I watched him play" and that may not be indicative of his total talent. I stand by what I stated. The second three people are other worldly playing the guitar but I would like to see them play other music as well. (I am betting they can from watching them.) I was decent with the guitar. The first guy I only watched once once decent in his play, again, that was the only time I ever saw him play. Oh, and no I did not play like the three you shared but for the one song, neither did the other guy you first shared. ;)
I understand what the first guy was doing. It would be called "hammering" in electric guitar parlance. I'll assume it is the same with acoustic. I just don't notice it as much with acoustic players.

Yes, those 3 are among the best. Sometimes you'll hear any of the 3 playing with Chick Corea. He's another of the greats. There is no "best guitarist", there are only great guitarists.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Today's high estimated around 86°F. Rain chances increasing tonight.

Our air conditioner went out yesterday. Blower motor bit the dust. Replacement motor gonna cost between $600-$1000. Our system is 110-120 volt and nearly 20 years old. Weather cooled down just in time. We lucked out. Current indoor temperature is 76°F. Hope replacement motor arrives over next few days. No big deal for me, but wife freaks hard when AC not set at a certain temperature.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Taffy-Day-May-23.jpg

Groceries are expensive especially meat and seafood. My favorite, sea bass is $30/lb. Not that we eat it all that often but still... Soylent products may not be all that far off in the future. Maybe 2024. We could be eating Uncle Fred very soon and not know it.
If it gets too expensive, I will come and visit with my fishing gear, go to a local water hole, "see" the bass there, and then catch some for you. The only difference will be the "see" is with an "e" in this case.

Good morning folks.

And happy birthday to Bert-31.

It was brutally hot this weekend in the east - high temperatures and humidity. But we had back-to-back massive thunderstorms yesterday afternoon and this morning it was jacket weather, totally clear skies and no humidity. It was a spectacular morning for a walk. I pray that weather hangs around through the Memorial Day weekend.

Not much else to report. Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks.

And happy birthday to Bert-31.

It was brutally hot this weekend in the east - high temperatures and humidity. But we had back-to-back massive thunderstorms yesterday afternoon and this morning it was jacket weather, totally clear skies and no humidity. It was a spectacular morning for a walk. I pray that weather hangs around through the Memorial Day weekend.

Not much else to report. Hope you all have a good day.

Stopped me finishing My Darlings garden spot for sure. ;)

Many strikes with 5 hooked but only two landed. Both over 2 1/2 lbs each. One of the ones that got away today was a lunker. Made me sick. Fought him for a bit but, with all of the grass in these ponds around here I have to bury the hooks into the bait and run weedless. Sometimes that does not allow me to get a good hook set when they bite.

None the less, a better day than the Reds had yesterday.
Mustad

I
I didn't watch any Preakness and I haven't seen one stroke of the PGA. I've listened to some really good music for the last couple of days. I turned the coffee table 90° so there would be nothing between me and the full height of my speakers. I was also able to move them out about 3' from the wall. The difference is amazing!

I believe that these speakers are better than my hearing can discern.

I'm going to move the tv out toward us so she won't notice the difference. Wish me luck.
I wanna hit a doobie and listend to the Dark side of the Moon from your speakers.

I'm joking about the Soylent products. Or am I?
Science fiction is just a snap shot of the future.......People used to laugh about Buck Rodgers and his cardboard rocket ship........there was a movie I saw where the old and infirmed were sent to the "packing house"..............I don't carry much weight for my height.............only thing I would be good for is to make stock.....throw me in a pot with the holy trinity.........for transparency I must say that it would probably be a medicinal stock.......kinda like gummies..................

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F and cloudy. More rain on the way tonight. Today's high expected around 85°F.

Repairman fixed AC yesterday: $800. Old fan motor broke. Old AC unit is 21 years old. We replaced it on August 25, 2001, just before 9/11. Wife overjoyed the air flows again. Interior temperatures got up to about 81°F max. We'll get a new unit next winter.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

sddefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT