ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F and cloudy. More rain on the way tonight. Today's high expected around 85°F.

Repairman fixed AC yesterday: $800. Old fan motor broke. Old AC unit is 21 years old. We replaced it on August 25, 2001, just before 9/11. Wife overjoyed the air flows again. Interior temperatures got up to about 81°F max. We'll get a new unit next winter.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

sddefault.jpg
Had to repair mine every year for the last 3 years. Something different every year. It is 19 years old, and the repair guy said next go around to just replace it. Have to replace the unit in the attic as well. Last year's cost $849.00. If it last through the rest of the year I will replace it during the spring next year when the temp is manageable. With cost as they are now it will be expensive.

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Unusual lows for today and later on this week with a lot of rain last night expected through today. Today 65° for a high with 60° tomorrow. Average highs for this area is mid 80's for this time of year. It has for the past couple of years been cooler during the spring. Usually, we have 2 seasons as my wife says, summer and winter. The winters are generally not real cold but, the constant winds make it seem so.

Was going to go fishing this morning with softball games tonight but, with the rain and cooler weather neither will happen. The fish will not bite well and my bats (more expensive each year) being so technically advanced as they are (thinner walled design and or composites) are rated for above 60°. But, they suggest if you can not to use them unless it is 70° or higher temperatures. If it is lower, they can dent or crack depending on the material (metal or composite). They are getting better because in the past few years it was never below 70° for use.

Good Morning D

Back in the saddle after a quick flight to attend my grand daughters graduation. It was a nice trip and for her the next stop is Colorado Springs and the Air Force Academy. Her Cadet Basic Training starts in June so she is getting ready. I helped her knock out 50 push ups for practice. She is a long distance runner but with the altitude out there she will go out a week early to run at that elevation and get ready. On the third day of basic she will have to run a mile and half and that is equal to 3 miles at sea level. Getting use to the altitude should help with her breathing and oxygen intake. Very important.

Well our weather is Florida Style. Current temp is 74° and we should reach 84° by mid afternoon. Wind is 8mph and humidity 78% with sunny skies and not much chance of rain. Trust all are well and keep your eye on the ball.

2294917.gif

Good Morning D

Back in the saddle after a quick flight to attend my grand daughters graduation. It was a nice trip and for her the next stop is Colorado Springs and the Air Force Academy. Her Cadet Basic Training starts in June so she is getting ready. I helped her knock out 50 push ups for practice. She is a long distance runner but with the altitude out there she will go out a week early to run at that elevation and get ready. On the third day of basic she will have to run a mile and half and that is equal to 3 miles at sea level. Getting use to the altitude should help with her breathing and oxygen intake. Very important.

Well our weather is Florida Style. Current temp is 74° and we should reach 84° by mid afternoon. Wind is 8mph and humidity 78% with sunny skies and not much chance of rain. Trust all are well and keep your eye on the ball.

2294917.gif
Has she been vaxed?

AustinTXCat said:
. . . . . .

Repairman fixed AC yesterday: $800. Old fan motor broke. Old AC unit is 21 years old. We replaced it on August 25, 2001, just before 9/11. Wife overjoyed the air flows again. Interior temperatures got up to about 81°F max. We'll get a new unit next winter.

Had to repair mine every year for the last 3 years. Something different every year. It is 19 years old, and the repair guy said next go around to just replace it. Have to replace the unit in the attic as well. Last year's cost $849.00. If it last through the rest of the year I will replace it during the spring next year when the temp is manageable. With cost as they are now it will be expensive.

Last year the upstairs unit went out at 15 years. It was a compressor, so we bit the bullet and put in a new one. It is a heatpump with natural gas backup (we use the backup setting as the natural gas is cheaper than electricity). $7,200. Ouch.

The downstairs unit is 9 years old, so I just hope that I get another 6 years out of it.

It is another overcast day at 61.0°F on our way to 80°. With all the good cloud cover we ain't gettin' no rain! My rain dance powers are gone.

You all have a great day.

Good afternoon! I woke up at 0936 this morning and then rolled back over. It was then that I remembered my tee time was at 0954. Hurry, hurry, feed the cats, blah blah, drive fast, and still had to catch everyone on number 2. Anyway, long story long, I shot a 75 today with a triple bogey on 6.

Had a great laid back birthday yesterday. Went to Boone's and picked up USDA Prime rib eye that had been dry aged. Put that in the sous vide for a couple of hours at 130 degrees with some steak rub. Not too much! Seared it up in a SS skillet because I wanted to use the fond to make a sauce. Didn't do that. Did have a baked tater though.

Tonight it is surf and turf with the other salmon filet and about 8oz of rib eye.

I only drank 1 beer on my birthday. It was a very fine beer. But just 1 nonetheless.

Just heard the news about the school shooting in Texas. My youngest daughter is teaching in an elementary school in Bethesda, Md. and my older daughter is teaching on campus at the University of Kansas. This stuff scares the hell out of me.
I hadn't heard anything. I'm in a great mood right now so I'm not going to look at national news until tomorrow or so.

The press canonizes these idiots because they know for sure that it will feed upon itself and lead to copycat shootings. They give these animals way more press and importance than they could ever achieve by doing something productive. WHY? To ensure we are all kept at each others throats and distracted from the nefarious shit that our government does every day.

What is the over under on school shootings before the midterms? I'm calling it at 6. The riots haven't started yet but you can bet your ass they're on the way.

Just heard the news about the school shooting in Texas. My youngest daughter is teaching in an elementary school in Bethesda, Md. and my older daughter is teaching on campus at the University of Kansas. This stuff scares the hell out of me.
Tragic. My niece teaches 2nd grade in St. Louis. Scares the hell out of me as well. Horrible.

Tragic. My niece teaches 2nd grade in St. Louis. Scares the hell out of me as well. Horrible.
My oldest daughter graduates Thursday night, and the school was saying to be there early for scanning. At first I was shocked, but I then realized how things had changed since I graduated. Sad times we are living in.

That is why I rarely venture out of this thread now. If not for the D-League I'd have been long gone from this site. (I mostly read the titles but if I see a D-League poster post. I try to support them.)
I check out the site because it's a quick way to get UK basketball news. Same with the football forum. But once I start reading the threads I get angry and I'm a laid-back guy. This is not the UK fan base I grew up with. Far from it.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F and cloudy. More rain on the way tonight. Today's high expected around 85°F.

sddefault.jpg
We had a new HVAC unit installed on 5/3.......$10,900.......we have a 5 ton package unit........our old one was still working......it was 22 yrs old......I had replaced the condensate fan three times.....the igniter fan once....blower motor once.........blower fan cage and housing two years ago.....year before last it was out of sorts twice the first time it took me three weeks to get the parts.....then the second time it was down for four weeks before I got it sorted out.......we decided that it was time to get a new one.....probably our last one.....

We had a new HVAC unit installed on 5/3.......$10,900.......we have a 5 ton package unit........our old one was still working......it was 22 yrs old......I had replaced the condensate fan three times.....the igniter fan once....blower motor once.........blower fan cage and housing two years ago.....year before last it was out of sorts twice the first time it took me three weeks to get the parts.....then the second time it was down for four weeks before I got it sorted out.......we decided that it was time to get a new one.....probably our last one.....
Yeah, we were looking at the 5ton package as well and the cost was about the same. It will probably be more if I wait until later this year or earlier next year but...

Yeah, we were looking at the 5ton package as well and the cost was about the same. It will probably be more if I wait until later this year or earlier next year but...

We got our unit in 2020. 6k (We have a townhome about 2600 SF) but not in the areas you are. Had our house A/C whole unit replaced in SA for I think 6800 but that was around 2011. Had a new hot water heater installed in 2021...1g, hopefully all will last... Home built in 2003....

Rain, rain, slowed me down. Still have to stain the front timber. Seven timbers deep in the back and graduated. (Five, four foot 3/8th inch rebar spikes driven through the back timbers along with steel braces at the joints. Four, two and three foot 3/8ths inch rebar on the sides, and four, two foot 3/8ths " spikes across the front.) (You can walk on it anywhere.) Grape arbor above but that is rough. (Does the trick but is rough. Been there a few years, get some good grapes though.) 36 bags of top soil and 10 bags of miracle grow I caught on sale. I'd have taken a picture of the items my Darling planted but the rain.... 12 x 8.... (Yeah I need to cut the grass but I could do it with a weed eater the yard is so small.)

283873006_5680551831958350_937226623772017524_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F and partly cloudy. 12 degrees cooler than 24 hours ago. Got over an inch of rain overnight. Much booming and banging around midnight. Today's high expected around 81°F.

Uvalde death toll climbs to 21, including 19 children. Sickening.

Yeah, some crazies inhabit Rafters. One must carefully pick and choose their battles over there.

Happy Hump Day.

D7bS29yWwAUlUz6

Good morning D-League. Still cool in the east, which is a blessing.

My daughter, just turned 25, teaching in a Waldorf School which I describe as a school for the kids of rich former hippies, was real quiet this morning. I hugged her and asked what was on her mind, though I knew. “My kids are all going to be scared today,” she said. She’s very upbeat and will be a strong presence for them, so they are lucky to have her.

Hope you all are having a good morning.

My oldest daughter graduates Thursday night, and the school was saying to be there early for scanning. At first I was shocked, but I then realized how things had changed since I graduated. Sad times we are living in.
Yep. I graduated in 1964 and every door of the school was open to the world. We, both boys and girls, were taught how to shoot rifles by the conservation guys as a class project once a year.

As you said UK fan 41102 things have certainly changed and it ain't for the better. Now the Dems are going after guns, to hell with any consideration of mental health or hardening the schools.

Rain, rain, slowed me down. Still have to stain the front timber. Seven timbers deep in the back and graduated. (Five, four foot 3/8th inch rebar spikes driven through the back timbers along with steel braces at the joints. Four, two and three foot 3/8ths inch rebar on the sides, and four, two foot 3/8ths " spikes across the front.) (You can walk on it anywhere.) Grape arbor above but that is rough. (Does the trick but is rough. Been there a few years, get some good grapes though.) 36 bags of top soil and 10 bags of miracle grow I caught on sale. I'd have taken a picture of the items my Darling planted but the rain.... 12 x 8.... (Yeah I need to cut the grass but I could do it with a weed eater the yard is so small.)

283873006_5680551831958350_937226623772017524_n.jpg
When you come down to work in my yard I will furnish the beer and food! :)

Morning good folks of the D. It is a blue sky morning and 74.5°F and we are supposed to get to 82° and rain this afternoon. We lucked up and got .59" of rain in three sessions yesterday, so that bring us to over an inch since Saturday. Maybe my rain dance is effective not not IMMEDIATELY effective.

If the grass dries I may mow it so it will not get too tall. Four days with rain and a lawn service the stuff grows really fast.

You all have a good day and remember those poor parents and friends of the victims in the shooting in Uvalde, TX. They are going through some hard times today. Their lives are changed forever.

Hello all,

I have had a joyous morning. Thank you Sir!

I hope all of your days go great for you. Sorry about the dough loss for some. That is tough.

I cannot imagine the hurt many are feeling at this time. I cannot fathom the pain. God's peace and comfort to those who lost their loved ones...

Last edited:

Morning D-Legionnaires.

Rain off and on for the last 3 days and cool temperatures. Today's high expected to be only in the high 50's.

Not much else other than prayers for the families in Uvalde Tx. It is a hard thing to fathom. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of bad political posturing for the next few weeks at the expense of some very hurt families.

Good Late Morning D League

Our weather is typical for this time of the year. We had 68° early this morning and we are up to 74° now, headed to a high of 87°. A few miles inland and to the East, they might hit 90. We are always a few degrees cooler. Our wind is a nice 9 mph coming out of the SE and humidity 57%. No rain is forecast until late afternoon when we will have a 30% chance. Typical for this time of year.

I feel for those who are having to spend hard earned money on house hold repairs. It is a bummer. As of this moment they are working on my irrigation system which has been down since last June. It took months to get a new underground pump and soon after it was replaced the ground caved in and the well was destroyed. But not before it pumped mud into all of my lines and sprinkler heads. So we had to dig a new well and waited for months again. Now that we have a new well we are having to replace 42 sprinkler heads and run new lines. The major problem has been to locate the underground valves and sprinkler heads. Many have been over grown the past year and it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I did not put the original sprinkler system in so I do not have a diagram. We have to hunt through an acre of ground and find them. $$$$$$,

Oh well. When I look at the state of the nation and world I am thankful for what I have and who I am. Life could be a million times worse, especially if I was making funeral arrangements for my little child today. God be with them and they have my sincere and loving prayers.

Take care all

Good afternoon! If the future radar is correct, I should have a toad strangler come through here in a bit. Just missed a couple of storms at the golf course. They're coming out of the south, one went west of us and the other just east. Plenty of wind today from all different directions. Managed a 79 but Walt didn't fair with the wind so well, 101. He's sad.

Friend coming over tomorrow to hang out back at the bar. He's got about 2 pounds of crappie filets that we're gonna fry and munch on. Plan on using a wok over a fire. Easy to fry in those things. There will be beer.

AustinTXCat said:
. . . . . .

Wouldn't think you'd need AC in the winter.

Morning D-Legionnaires.

Rain off and on for the last 3 days and cool temperatures. Today's high expected to be only in the high 50's.

Not much else other than prayers for the families in Uvalde Tx. It is a hard thing to fathom. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of bad political posturing for the next few weeks at the expense of some very hurt families.
How do we try to reduce these events

We'd say harden the schools and have officer(s) at all times their open. I'm for no gun ownership under 18, allowing sale refusal to anyone without cause - yes, discrimination, requiring all sales be recorded/maintained but accessible only with a warrant, and for anyone under 18 using a gun in a crime, the owner is responsible.

Criticize me, please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT