ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

It is a sunny windy 80.6°F on our way to 88°. I am betting on it making 90° unless we get a cool rain going (60% chance). I really need to mow, but if it is hot I may delay it a day.

Sherry's sister plays a violin and a mean piano/organ. She was in a rock and roll and county bands for years. My brother-in-law's funeral was a 1 guitar funeral. Sherry's sister sold one Gibson Les Paul and had some money left over. Those old 1960's instruments bring a fortune. The pick up at that time was hand wound.

A FaceBook funny:
283026464_746477169869874_3499176763446811912_n.jpg

Good morning! Day 2 of the Summer of Bob has kicked off with me doing laundry and getting a pile of clothes ready to take to Goodwill. Don't get too excited, it's not as glamorous as it may sound.

I made a quart of coffee to get me through the morning and early afternoon. Who knows after that?

Should have to sign a contract that if you win the Derby you will run at least the Preakness, barring injury. This race means crap and I doubt seriously I watch it.

Haven't been keeping up with the news for a couple of weeks. The world just gets tiresome at times. Rinse. Repeat.

Have a great weekend and don't forget, only 2 shopping days left until my birthday! I'll be almost 60.

Getting ready for the Preakness, happening about 40 miles up the road from me.

I expect Epicenter to run away with this. Short field, not much traffic, hot dry track. It was well into the 90s here today.

I didn’t bother to bet but I’m rooting for Happy Jack - just because that’s my son’s name.

Getting ready for the Preakness, happening about 40 miles up the road from me.

I expect Epicenter to run away with this. Short field, not much traffic, hot dry track. It was well into the 90s here today.

I didn’t bother to bet but I’m rooting for Happy Jack - just because that’s my son’s name.
After Happy Chandler?

Damnation! UK softball came back from 0-4 down to score 1 on HR in 6th & 4 in 7th with 3 run HR to defeat #3 VT at their place in regional. Congrats, Ladies !!

When UK put the heat on in 7th, VT brought in their ace & UK rocked her with the 3-run HR & she took the loss.

Last edited:

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Headed out here shortly for another morning of fishing. May be most of the day unless I catch the big one early;

Big-Fishing-Trip.gif

A cool 50° this morning with a high of only 70° expected so, I can stay out all day if needed. Triple digits gone with much cooler weather yesterday low 60's and the next few days being in the low 60's as well. Rain expected.

Reds back to giving no run support to the pitchers. For a bit there they were scoring on average 6 runs a game. Now, back to status quo. That does not bold well for my fishing since I seem to have the same luck as my Reds. We Shall See.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and partly cloudy. Front moved in. Cool. Pleasant. Today's high predicted around 79°F.

Great day for UK sports yesterday. Softball came from behind to defeat Hokies at their house. Men's Tennis defeated Ohio State and play Virginia for national team championship today. Baseball beat Auburn and earned a spot in the SEC Tournament.

Grocery shopping on agenda later today after a walk.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-vanilla-pudding-day.jpg

Good morning! We are at our high temp for the day already. 68° will be the high and it should start dropping soon. In about an hour I'll turn off the ac and open the windows and let some air into this room. I'm about to pass out from the smell of stale perfume.

I got a lot done yesterday and hope to get as much done today. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday and last night and they're calling for more today. Need to mow soon.

It is a cloudy 67.3°F on our way to 69°. We got .21 inches of rain yesterday and last night, but I wanted a lot more. The grass is doing a rain dance.

Good luck Warrior on those large mouth bass.
Many strikes with 5 hooked but only two landed. Both over 2 1/2 lbs each. One of the ones that got away today was a lunker. Made me sick. Fought him for a bit but, with all of the grass in these ponds around here I have to bury the hooks into the bait and run weedless. Sometimes that does not allow me to get a good hook set when they bite.

None the less, a better day than the Reds had yesterday.

Many strikes with 5 hooked but only two landed. Both over 2 1/2 lbs each. One of the ones that got away today was a lunker. Made me sick. Fought him for a bit but, with all of the grass in these ponds around here I have to bury the hooks into the bait and run weedless. Sometimes that does not allow me to get a good hook set when they bite.

None the less, a better day than the Reds had yesterday.
I got 2 today! Went to my favorite honey hole and it never disappoints. Couldn't have been there more than a couple of minutes and I had em packed up and ready to go. Yep, you can't beat kroger when you need some fresh salmon.

Marinated the filets in some concoction I got off the web. Not too bad. A little heavy on the lime but that was my fault for being too rough with the zester. Cooked em in the air fryer and put them on a bed of long grain and wild rice with some sweet peas thrown in for the hell of it.

Ate shrimp cocktail while I was cooking everything and now I am full. This was my birthday-eve meal.

Damnation! UK softball came back from 0-4 down to score 1 on HR in 6th & 4 in 7th with 3 run HR to defeat #3 VT at their place in regional. Congrats, Ladies !!

When UK put the heat on in 7th, VT brought in their ace & UK rocked her with the 3-run HR & she took the loss.
Welp, L to VT 2nd time around, 9-3. Winner take all game 2-2 in 2nd.

Hello,
I hope all your days went well. Went to my Granddaughter's dedication this morning at my daughters church again and haven't stopped until now. After my Granddaughters dedication my daughter took us out to eat. (She paid!!!)(If all only knew what that girl makes and has I think her first dollar she ever made.) I am frugal but DARN she makes me look like a spend thrift.

In any event My Darling and I hit a few stores, went a saw a house we wanted to see but no way. Then went to Lowe's and got the final landscape timbers I needed to finish. (I figured correctly but My Darlings modifications took two more plus three more for another area. It looks better.) I was throwing bags of top soil in a few minutes ago and it came a heavy rain so I stopped about half way. A good day, I am thankful!

Have a good evening all...

I didn't watch any Preakness and I haven't seen one stroke of the PGA. I've listened to some really good music for the last couple of days. I turned the coffee table 90° so there would be nothing between me and the full height of my speakers. I was also able to move them out about 3' from the wall. The difference is amazing!

I believe that these speakers are better than my hearing can discern.

I'm going to move the tv out toward us so she won't notice the difference. Wish me luck.

Loved that movie as a kid. We aren't that far away. Maybe not the eating people breakfast bars, but the government control isn't that far off. Steak is already a lofty for some.

I never saw that movie. Ridiculous how things are going so badly so quickly. No excuses and please realize, there are only a few hundred people causing all this. Just a few hundred people.

Loved that movie as a kid. We aren't that far away. Maybe not the eating people breakfast bars, but the government control isn't that far off. Steak is already a lofty for some.
Groceries are expensive especially meat and seafood. My favorite, sea bass is $30/lb. Not that we eat it all that often but still... Soylent products may not be all that far off in the future. Maybe 2024. We could be eating Uncle Fred very soon and not know it.

We ate Soylent Green back in the 70s and didn't know it.

a8a01481c483f5b91ebe37fc88bc42ae.jpg
Called time out in a little league game one time because I lost a tooth in a sour apple rock candy. Gave it to the coach to give my mom. She told the story for years.
I'm getting 2 quotes tomorrow on getting our sewer line repaired/replaced. It'll either be tear up our sunroom or tear up our front lawn and driveway. Either way it'll be a mess. Has to be fixed soon.
Find out how much it costs to rent a backhoe and I'll come down and help you. Have a couple friends who know this stuff that might help. Don't know about them, but I'm down. Jimmy is down!

Musical genius never gets old. This is one of the reasons I laugh when people talk about "best guitarist of all time". So many guys like this who no one has heard of.

I am not downing anything you stated, actually just embellishing typing about it. I am also not upping my abilities when I played. He has some skills and dexterity that, with practice allows that type of playing. I had comparable skills but never in that environment though I did play some in front of people with an orchestra, I played classical but much more enjoyed country along with rhythm medleys as I liked to sing as well (Normally harmonizing if I could find a singer that would lead. (Hard to come across unless you do it for a living.) At different times, self-enjoyment and worship was the key to me.

I will mention a few guitarists I was in awe of watching them play and would not pick up a guitar if they were anywhere near and then I will tell you why. Steve Vai, Roy Clark, Macel Ely, Leonard "Monk" Langford, Jerry Reed, Glenn Campbell, Vince Gill, Chet Atkins. There are a bunch more but these are some I saw and was around in person. (Vince, Glenn, and Jerry in concert only.) (You probably do not know a couple of the people I mentioned as they are not famous nationally.)

These people played nearly as many notes with either hand at times and could play about any type of music at any time. Granted I only listened to the person you shared for the one song. (I did enjoy watching him play.)

Forgive my rant, I am actually talking myself into playing again to see if I can. (Kind of for my Grand children and myself.) When my brother (BIL) died a month or so ago and I went to Michigan, I found he kept one of my guitars for me until I came back to pick it up but I never did. I actually forgot about it. It is an Alvarez guitar and a nice one. My nephew is going to pick it up for me in the next month or two and we shall see. I have an old guitar I keep in my study just to look at as I haven't even strummed it but my grand babies twang it and they have a good time doing it.

We shall see... (Thanks for allowing me to remember...)

Oh, I was putting top soil in the new gardening area I was able to build for my Darling and it started raining hard about half-way through it. I stopped but am close.. ;)

Last edited:
Called time out in a little league game one time because I lost a tooth in a sour apple rock candy. Gave it to the coach to give my mom. She told the story for years.

Find out how much it costs to rent a backhoe and I'll come down and help you. Have a couple friends who know this stuff that might help. Don't know about them, but I'm down. Jimmy is down!
Hey thanks man! The best case scenario is to drill through our basement wall and run the pipe out into the front yard. Unfortunately our sewer line runs under the driveway. No great options but some are better than others. Hopefully we'll get some good news tomorrow but I'm not optimistic.

I am not downing anything you stated, actually just embellishing typing about it. I am also not upping my abilities when I played. He has some skills and dexterity that, with practice allows that type of playing. I had comparable skills but never in that environment though I did play some in front of people with an orchestra, I played classical but much more enjoyed country along with rhythm medleys as I liked to sing as well (Normally harmonizing if I could find a singer that would lead. (Hard to come across unless you do it for a living.) At different times, self-enjoyment and worship was the key to me.

I will mention a few guitarists I was in awe of watching them play and would not pick up a guitar if they were anywhere near and then I will tell you why. Steve Vai, Roy Clark, Macel Ely, Leonard "Monk" Langford, Jerry Reed, Glenn Campbell, Vince Gill, Chet Atkins. There are a bunch more but these are some I saw and was around in person. (Vince, Glenn, and Jerry in concert only.) (You probably do not know a couple of the people I mentioned as they are not famous nationally.)

These people played nearly as many notes with either hand at times and could play about any type of music at any time. Granted I only listened to the person you shared for the one song. (I did enjoy watching him play.)

Forgive my rant, I am actually talking myself into playing again to see if I can. (Kind of for my Grand children and myself.) When my brother (BIL) died a month or so ago and I went to Michigan, I found he kept one of my guitars for me until I came back to pick it up but I never did. I actually forgot about it. It is an Alvarez guitar and a nice one. My nephew is going to pick it up for me in the next month or two and we shall see. I have an old guitar I keep in my study just to look at as I haven't even strummed it but my grand babies twang it and they have a good time doing it.

We shall see... (Thanks for allowing me to remember...)
Those are some pretty tall statements...did you play like these guys?

Those are some pretty tall statements...did you play like these guys?

One question, did you watch them play or did you just listen to them play? The first one you shared I stated it was the "only time I watched him play" and that may not be indicative of his total talent. I stand by what I stated. The second three people are other worldly playing the guitar but I would like to see them play other music as well. (I am betting they can from watching them.) I was decent with the guitar. The first guy I only watched once once decent in his play, again, that was the only time I ever saw him play. Oh, and no I did not play like the three you shared but for the one song, neither did the other guy you first shared. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT