D-League

group 1:
24.10.15%2B-%2B1

group 2:
giphy.gif

group 3:
Bystander_ae21a5_734227.gif
Lol why you gotta bring kids into this

One of these days I will figure out the Interwebs. If I wasn't a guest (Vol), I'd volunteer to be a mod and separate the wheat from the chaff. You can be a jackass IF you're an entertaining jackass. You can even be a troll IF you're an entertaining troll. Back when CNN/SI had a message board, there was a ish-stirrer with the screen name The Notorious King of Trash that was a troll, but freaking hilarious. Sad thing is, the permaban guys will figure out a way to be an internet Lazarus, but will be painfully obvious when they do rise from the dead.

I think the D has something for everyone. The catch all thread in my opinion. Getting too serious about anything in a forum like this is akin to programming yourself to fail in my opinion.

I have fun with it and take spells participating in it. It beats the hell out of digging out of a bunker or being on a ship where a wave takes the flag bridge out. Those are just a few examples of why the B S on here at times is just that. B S

Happy birthday to...(no jinx of course)
Yogi Berra 91
George carlin 79
Billy squier 66
Steve winwood 68
Emilio estevez 54

Happy anniversary
Rolling Stones released satisfaction on this day in 1965
In 1967 the jimmy Hendrix experience released are you experienced
Jerry Lewis was aloud to divorce his cousin
Mick Jagger married Bianca Morena

Reactions: wildcatdonf
I get what you're referring to, but I didn't get the comment. How did I bring up kids? It confused me. I'm just trying to understand, man.

what constitutes young... IYO? 30 and under, 50 and under, 60? I gotta know where I stand.
In the gif was a picture of a kid that's what I was referring to. I didn't add the fact he was black so I didn't piss off the racists here lol

I get what you're referring to, but I didn't get the comment. How did I bring up kids? It confused me. I'm just trying to understand, man.

what constitutes young... IYO? 30 and under, 50 and under, 60? I gotta know where I stand.

Jase, young is ALWAYS younger than your decade. For me, under 50 is young. Once I hit 60, I'll expand to two decades younger.

I'm good with seeing a split. It does feel like it became two groups and then three. If we were all in the same building, each group would occupy a different area. A few would be able to bounce around to a few of the groups and be accepted. I think it must be a natural thing.

But wouldn't a split putting akin posters together become boring as hell after awhile? I think the real problem here if it really is a problem, is the fact that some folks, just have to stir the pot ever now and then. Isn't that natural, too?

I've been watching a metric shit ton of Prince videos and documentaries on youtube this week. I've watched 3 full concerts... one before Purple Rain came out from 1983, another during the Purple Rain tour, and then another from the late 80s. Dude was a ****ing wizard. There may never be another guy like him that is so advanced musically and such a good performer both with the way the music industry is trending nowadays. Also love the way dude never held back during interviews and would always say whatever the **** he felt. Big props. Prince was a damn badass.
Speaking of Prince, I think there maybe a Charlie Murphy/chappelle show curse. Of course the first being rick James. Beware to anyone that Charlie Murphy comes across

I've been watching a metric shit ton of Prince videos and documentaries on youtube this week. I've watched 3 full concerts... one before Purple Rain came out from 1983, another during the Purple Rain tour, and then another from the late 80s. Dude was a ****ing wizard. There may never be another guy like him that is so advanced musically and such a good performer both with the way the music industry is trending nowadays. Also love the way dude never held back during interviews and would always say whatever the **** he felt. Big props. Prince was a damn badass.

Check my post in the Muzik thread. I think you would like Madhouse.

And just like that the D league catches fire!

I showed up. (I kid, I kid!)
I listened. I do like.

Still amazes me how dude could record an album basically by himself.

Me too. Especially when you're like me and can't play a musical instrument nor sing. That's why I appreciate those who do have musical talent!

Wouldn't it be crazy if someday there is a musical talent that is just as good as Prince, but then that talent turns out to be none other than Prince himself in his native timeline before he transported back to 1978 and started the Revolution? Maybe that wouldn't be so crazy and because it's Prince, we'd all be like, "Yeah, that explains everything."

I know more than one hard core country music fan who got into Prince and stayed there. Not sure what that means if anything but I hope he finds a way to reincarnate, if he hasn't already. Ghost in all seriousness you did show up at the right time tonight.

Last edited:
QUOTE="ukfred, post: 4550220, member: 47822"]I know more than one hard core country music fans who got into Prince and stayed there. Not sure what that means if anything but I hope he finds a way to reincarnate, if he hasn't already. Ghost in all seriousness you did show up at the right time tonight.[/QUOTE]

The allure of the "D" has always been friends/neighbors just chewing the fat/talking junk. If you look back, we've gotten off track when posters made the "D" about them or getting personal about other posters rather than just letting life happen.

Ghost, I agree completely with your take. As old sailors we know the importance of shooting the fat and blowing off steam. I wish we could clone that. I have no way of knowing but I have a very strong feeling that two of the posters stirring stuff up were one and the same.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
QUOTE="ukfred, post: 4550220, member: 47822"]I know more than one hard core country music fans who got into Prince and stayed there. Not sure what that means if anything but I hope he finds a way to reincarnate, if he hasn't already. Ghost in all seriousness you did show up at the right time tonight.

The allure of the "D" has always been friends/neighbors just chewing the fat/talking junk. If you look back, we've gotten off track when posters made the "D" about them or getting personal about other posters rather than just letting life happen.[/QUOTE]
Not a bad analysis.

Morning after, everyone

Seems we got spared in Harrodsburg last night. Storm split right before it got to town and we missed the brunt of it.

I know who one was that got the boot, but haven't figured out the other yet.

Hope the thread suckage doesn't correlate to my arrival...probably does though. lol

For christ sake, someone tell me where I stand?!

Let's try to move on and have some fun. I know myself and probably a few others are a bit gun shy after the past couple weeks and last night, but hey we gotta get this place enjoyable again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT