ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Where has Willy been?

I've seen Willy in the political thread recently. I suspect that he is transitioning over to GYERO (he's getting a big raise you know). He has a rather subdued avatar now (no snot or serial killers). Next thing you know he'll be on GYERO, the Dark Side, noting which kind of expensive razor blades are best, railing about the dangers of smoking pot, what to wear to Churchhill Downs and which restaurant has the best sushi. :cry:

Last edited:
I've seen Willy in the political thread recently. I suspect that he is transitioning over to GYERO (he's getting a big raise you know). Next thing you know he'll be on GYERO noting which kind of expensive razor blades are best, what to wear to Churchhill Downs and which restaurant has the best sushi. :cry:
I think he'll return when he is sure that this thread has calmed down.

I'll provide a statement on this, then I'm done.

It's truly a shame how this all turned out....LEK and 55 are both good guys (from what anyone would be able to tell from years of posting on a message board) and I don't believe either one deserved a permaban.

This was, at its core, an attempt to save this thread from LEK's perspective as many of you already understand. I didn't agree with the personal attacks from either side. I happen to agree with much of what LEK has said regarding the thread, the quality has tanked significantly over the last 6 months. Painfully mundane.

Some of you don't feel that way. Some do. It's the result of an aggregation of a certain type of personality. This thread was sabotaged by people who were offended by some who didn't enjoy their content and were thin skinned enough to let it get to them. They went as far as to recruit other people into the thread to attempt to sabotage it more quickly. They were successful and it ultimately drove LEK mad.

Let them have the D-League. There is no point in trying to save something already dead. Give birth to something new, something better, something familiar.

For LEK and 55....and for the true D League.
tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

His paranoia yesterday was off the charts. I was seriously worried about the dudes mental health.

Reactions: FutureCityCats

It's truly a shame how this all turned out....LEK and 55 are both good guys (from what anyone would be able to tell from years of posting on a message board) and I don't believe either one deserved a permaban.

This was, at its core, an attempt to save this thread from LEK's perspective as many of you already understand. I didn't agree with the personal attacks from either side. I happen to agree with much of what LEK has said regarding the thread, the quality has tanked significantly over the last 6 months. Painfully mundane.

Some of you don't feel that way. Some do. It's the result of an aggregation of a certain type of personality. This thread was sabotaged by people who were offended by some who didn't enjoy their content and were thin skinned enough to let it get to them. They went as far as to recruit other people into the thread to attempt to sabotage it more quickly. They were successful and it ultimately drove LEK mad.

Let them have the D-League. There is no point in trying to save something already dead. Give birth to something new, something better, something familiar.

Was @55wildcat banned? Why?

They went as far as to recruit other people into the thread to attempt to sabotage it more quickly. They were successful and it ultimately drove LEK mad.
argubs2, that did not happen. It was the other way around. It did not turn out as some had hoped. Posters don't post stuff that everybody likes/agrees with. You and I get that. If the DL dies it dies, but I doubt that it will. We are all different. It would be dull if everyone agreed all of the time. I for one like the daily diary of people myself. Personal insults are so unnecessary and lies are intolerable.

It has little to do with someone's "perspective." Everyone is entitled to their own perspective. And this forum is a place you may express it. It is the manner in which one expresses their perspective. You cannot be an internet verbal bully to get your perspective across and act surprised when you finally get the ax.

It has little to do with someone's "perspective." Everyone is entitled to their own perspective. And this forum is a place you may express it. It is the manner in which one expresses their perspective. You cannot be an internet verbal bully to get your perspective across and act surprised when you finally get the ax.
Agree 100%.

I guess I'm not quite done.

Don, I believe you really don't believe it happened, but it did. There were instances of people posting threads on Rafters asking for people to come to the D-League and that actually brought some people in here.

There are honestly just some things you are oblivious to, no offense. Plain and simple. Ymmot, for example....has a long history of bashing the D and its members in other threads, then comes into the thread 6-9 months ago and acts like it never happened. You automatically defend a lot of these people simply because you don't like LEK, but you have to understand that sometimes people can't be taken at face value. Some do have nefarious intentions.

And some people are just horrible posters. It's annoying to read. Just being real here. You can say that shouldn't matter and that everyone is welcome, but when the thread goes on for so long the same way and then you watch it become overrun with people who you find terrible, it's tough.

1 ymmot does go off the rails sometimes.

2 I never "like" a post on here. Some people "like" posts apparently, not to support what a poster said or did, but just to acknowledge that they read the post. Since it can be construed as support, I don't "like" any posts.

3 "Horrible" posters are a personal judgment call. It's just a visceral dislike you get for certain posters. I suppose most of us know a few of those. Skip over their posts and let it slide. Or, gasp, put them on ignore. I don't put anyone on ignore myself. I can take it. I can take a joke and I seldom have a desire to go insult for insult.

Last edited:
Some thoughts from a long time lurker

LEK - seem like a smart guy. Gotta let things go
Don - It's the Internet. Calm down. Trains are dumb, BTW
KaiserS. - You've been great always. Come back
55 - you used to be cool. Funny pics. Calm down
Star chief - you are cool.
Funky - love your photoshops on here and rafters . Don't engage folks if you don't agree
Willy - keep on smoking. Come back to the d
Allabout - stop sucking
Walltoboogierondo - give it up. Everyone knows who you are. Give it up
Jason - keep shooting. Enjoy the baby. You seem cool
Ukfred - stop it. You're terrible
U,grad93 - your good
Mav - you're funny. Don't change
Ymmot- you're low down dirty and a snitch and you say awful things. Go away
Mash - not sure what happened. You used to be cool with everyone. You a-ight
Kooky - you're job suck but you're cool
Zencatfan - no.
Jed - thanks for a thankless job. Stay clear of tornados
Fcc. - awful. Be better

Sorry if I missed anyone. I like reading your stuff and gyero. Made a new account so you wouldn't be mad

Be better

I've got a few posters on the boards (HOB, Rafters, and Paddock) that really enjoy everything I post like I'm some celebrity. Can't tell if it's actual adoration or some nicely placed frequent sarcasm and they really want to kill me. All these years of posting and they just now notice? Either way... I don't mind it haha

I can't imagine it being anything other than sarcasm.

Funky - love your photoshops on here and rafters . Don't engage folks if you don't agree
Allabout - stop sucking
U,grad93 - your good
Zencatfan - no.
Fcc. - awful. Be better

Sorry if I missed anyone. I like reading your stuff and gyero. Made a new account so you wouldn't be mad

Be better

Thanks, buddy. I'll work on it.

You are a shitty poster. Read what you just posted and GTFO.

This thread can support one of LEK/Z. That's it. That's as much emo/troll bullshit it can habdle, and that little bit can actually be good for the thread, but somehow we became flooded with awful posters....I suspect many of them are the same person, but who knows and who gives a crap. Shitty is shitty, and y'all are Shitty. GTFO.

Now "troll" me lollllllmao and continue to ruin this thread for whatever emo reasons you have.

Allabout - stop sucking
U,grad93 - your good
Zencatfan - no.
Fcc. - awful. Be better

Be better

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatdonf
that's what I figured. I wouldn't like me if I wasn't me, but then if I wasn't me I wouldn't know me so well and I'm a pretty likable guy.

Your post reminded me of this.

I had a beautiful teenage daughter who is bi-polar and acted like a bi-polar kid would act. God help you if you get one. Being bi-polar was not even on the radar back then. We just thought she was a typical teenager who would grow out of it. Never happened. I greatly regret not recognizing her condition (schools didn't either) and finding her some help back then. Tragedy.

Anyhoo.

A new boy came around and was asking a boy who knew her about her. He said: "Don't worry. Once you get to know her, you'll hate her too." [laughing]

Last edited:

Allabout - stop sucking
U,grad93 - your good
Zencatfan - no.
Fcc. - awful. Be better

Be better

You must be LEK using a new name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT