ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Awesome reflections. Thanks! I'd love to meet up sometime. I know the TAMU folks fairly well, as we subscribe to their methods at my current workplace, especially InfoSec. The free offerings were, at one time, considered world-class for distance learners.

Not sure if they do but I think ALL firefighters should spend some time at TAMU..It's been years since I have been there and the guy who ran our training has since passed. They can simulate anything from a tanker truck incident to an actual oil tanker ship incident. It's crazy seeing those types of fires at night..Our company paid for everything and we stayed at a Hilton not to far from the training site..Buses would pick us up and it was maybe a 20 minute ride..one thing that was learned real quick...wet bunker gear is some heavy ass shit..

Has anyone considered the fact that his pete and junk might have shrunk?
If it shrunk and still shows that big....skinnny bastard had a harem somewhere..

is this your better half?

tumblr_lnjwf57StU1qcag1ao1_250.gif

Not sure if they do but I think ALL firefighters should spend some time at TAMU..It's been years since I have been there and the guy who ran our training has since passed. They can simulate anything from a tanker truck incident to an actual oil tanker ship incident. It's crazy seeing those types of fires at night..Our company paid for everything and we stayed at a Hilton not to far from the training site..Buses would pick us up and it was maybe a 20 minute ride..one thing that was learned real quick...wet bunker gear is some heavy ass shit..
I've heard acquaintances talk about the training at TAMU, but you have confirmed the validity of it. Great stuff! Love it.

Aggies are viewed in Austin like a bunch of hilljacks. We all know better.

We got to go thru a burn trailer. It was a semi trailer set up to resemble a 3 room house. Propane burners in the ceiling & it got filled with smoke.

Did a few house burns too. It was so cool sitting in a room with fire dancing across the ceiling and the smoke banking down. It was strangely calming.

I posted this video earlier in the year. My boys got this for me at Christmas. Yesterday I tried it out on a small section of my driveway..Did a super as advertised job. Smaller pressure washers may affect how well this works, not really sure. My washer does 3700 PSI @ 4GPM..Thought I would pass along for those that may be thinking about cleaning their concrete..This was well worth the 75.00 to purchase IMO..

• Good morning, gang.
  • 53°F in Johns Creek, GA. Clear. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 99. It has taken a little over 2 weeks to get here. Lost 10 pounds. 227.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • 60s Oldies going on Sirius.
  • My 1st cousin did that stomach clamp thing, 55. He was 300 pounds. He eats very little.
  • Mav, congratulations on your diet.
  • Don't get fat. You know better.
  • Sugar up. Had to wake her up. Nuzzles. Laying in a patch of sunlight.
  • Another day another dollar.
  • Over.

I posted this video earlier in the year. My boys got this for me at Christmas. Yesterday I tried it out on a small section of my driveway..Did a super as advertised job. Smaller pressure washers may affect how well this works, not really sure. My washer does 3700 PSI @ 4GPM..Thought I would pass along for those that may be thinking about cleaning their concrete..This was well worth the 75.00 to purchase IMO..

Gonna order one.

• Good morning, gang.
  • 53°F in Johns Creek, GA. Clear. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 99. It has taken a little over 2 weeks to get here. Lost 10 pounds. 227.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • 60s Oldies going on Sirius.
  • My 1st cousin did that stomach clamp thing, 55. He was 300 pounds. He eats very little.
  • Mav, congratulations on your diet.
  • Don't get fat. You know better.
  • Sugar up. Had to wake her up. Nuzzles. Laying in a patch of sunlight.
  • Another day another dollar.
  • Over.

That sounds like the lap band..Lots of follow ups to Dr for adjustments, also a lot of people throw up..I did not want to see a Dr all the time for adjustments that's why I chose the sleeve. They removed 80% of my stomach. I can pretty much eat anything I want, just not very much. Not been a bit hungry though most think you would be starving..

Just returned from a get-together with former colleagues who worked with me from 2006-2010 in the semiconductor industry. Good seeing them again. Couple of those gents are highly educated, yet over 55, and are having problems finding employment 18 months after getting laid off. Sucks! Tough environment for those guys if seeking work.

Chilling and drinking a few craft brews.

When you hit about 55 I don't care who you are, how smart you are or what your skill set is, you better not lose your job. You'll be in deep doo doo going back out on the job market. You are going to be perceived as someone out of touch, set in their ways and a potential big hit on the company medical insurance plan. There are some exceptions of course but I'm talking ordinary Joes here.

Last edited:
well gotta get up off my ass and do something......later amigos
When you hit about 55 I don't care who you are, how smart you are or what your skill set is, you better not lose your job. You'll be in deep doo doo going back out on the job market. You are going to be perceived as someone out of touch, set in their ways and a potential big hit on the company medical insurance plan.

Spot on Chief..Companies know how to lure the younger employees in at a lower wage and because of the market the young guys take the job. IE I retired in 06 making over 35.00 an hour with excellent company paid pension and health plan (I was union), now they have people doing the job for under 20..00 start out pay with NO pension benefit paid by company and very mediocre health plans..not sure if they are still union or not

Brews at Raleigh Beer Garden, Cuban for dinner, then Boxcar where wife got obsessed with the freaking Space Jam pinball machine and used most of our tokens.

Despite baby out of the house, still woke up at 5:45.:rolleyes:
This coming summer, I'm making a special trip to the Raleigh Beer Garden, primarily to state I've been there. 366 beers on tap. Wooo Hooo! Not far from Amtrak and Greyhound stations. In fact, I'll use free Amtrak miles for the trip up to Raleigh out of Orlando.

well gotta get up off my ass and do something......later amigos

Spot on Chief..Companies know how to lure the younger employees in at a lower wage and because of the market the young guys take the job. IE I retired in 06 making over 35.00 an hour with excellent company paid pension and health plan (I was union), now they have people doing the job for under 20..00 start out pay with NO pension benefit paid by company and very mediocre health plans..not sure if they are still union or not

Yup. When you are in your 40s you think "My case is different. My company couldn't even operate if they got rid of me!" Watch 'em.

When you hit about 55 I don't care who you are, how smart you are or what your skill set is, you better not lose your job. You'll be in deep doo doo going back out on the job market. You are going to be perceived as someone out of touch, set in their ways and a potential big hit on the company medical insurance plan. There are some exceptions of course but I'm talking ordinary Joes here.
You are correct, sir.

True dat. See it often these days. Honestly, if I lost my current job, I'd pursue my own business ventures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT