ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Corruption Trial - FINAL WEEK

Things are getting a little testy over on Phog.net. The Jailhawks are even bragging about beating us 7 times this century...[laughing]

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Board/103719/Contents/CBB-Corruption-Trial-122765023/?Page=30

Just keep saying it to your self Ruptard....WWW didn't get involved with UK recruits....Bam Adebayo wasn't part of UK when he took benefits....3 Universities were lying when they said Anthony Davis was looking for money to attend a school....

Reality: Nike is involved just like UA and Adidas...
Reality: Your School has two of the top cheating scandals in the history of NCAA when it comes to cheating
Reality: Your Coach had 2 Final Fours vacated at two different schools
Reality: We have beat you 3 times in a row and 7 times out of 10 this century
Reality: You ****s have had a hard on for KU since Wiggins turned you down...
Reality: Your school lives for recruiting championships and # of NBA players f
Reality: Your school has grossly underachieved given the level of NBA talent over the past 9 years
Reality: If there was a question found out about a player, KU sat the player out...Arthur was cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse...Diallo/Preston/Alexander all sat out if there was suspicion....

Your fan base is beyond delusional if you think you are devoid of agent/parent/guardian/coach involvement...

Please take that back to all the other Skeeters on RR

Prosecution doesn't want ANY COACH to testify because they're trying to prove the schools were harmed. The schools weren't harmed if head coaches were part of the conversations.

The defense is trying to prove that more people were involved and some head coaches were part of the process. I don't think they can subpoena Self , Pitino, etc...

My guess is that the government loses this case, but they'll be plenty evidence for NCAA if they decide to move ahead. Unfortunately, I don't expect NCAA to do anything but try to start over with new (toothless) guidelines. I don't think they have the stomach to respond to the current mess.
Why wouldn't the defense be able to subpoena Pitino and Self? If those coaches felt they would incriminate themselves they could take the 5th but they are "clean" [laughing] so why would they need to take the 5th?

Will Kansas stop paying players now or buy recruits another way? In the past teams would usually stop illegal activities but in this day and age it seems to be the norm to keep on cheating. I bet they keep Self and keep buying players like nothing happened.

Last edited:
Lock 'em up!

chain-gang.jpg

It was a question. The poster didn't link the quote. I was asking them if it was this quote:

“I told Antonio, `You need to go to a place where you’re comfortable, with people I know, because I can’t call [North Carolina coach] Roy Williams, but I can call Cal,’ “ Gassnola says. Calipari and Kellogg did not respond to interview requests"

Why would it be that quote? Is it against the ncaa for Gassnola to know Cal? All he said there was that he knows cal and isn’t friendly with Roy...

The only reason cal is even being brought up is because the defense attorney is a IU fan and is leading the witness in the hopes that something will come out damning the team that defense attorney hates (UK)

Top 4 basketball scandals of all time guys. Tell me if you agree

1. UNC 30 years of academic fraud and skated by because the ncaa didn’t have the foresight to make a rule against school wide academic fraud

2. Baylor... player murdering another player and the school tried to cover it up. Would be number one if not for the extreme longevity of UNCheats cheating

3. UL for the double whammy of cheating with adidas and having hookers at the same time

4. KU for having adidas go all in super cheating mode . So much so UL had to complain about it for adidas to start sending some players their way

Not sure how that dumb KU fan thinks our 30 and 70 year old scandals are worse but then again... KU fans are dumb

Yea, uconn is going back from whence they came. University of San Francisco did something once too.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed posters on this site when no violations are handed down to Kansas by the NCAA. Just a little forewarning of the pending results of this ordeal.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed posters on this site when no violations are handed down to Kansas by the NCAA. Just a little forewarning of the pending results of this ordeal.
You well may be correct about no violations being handed down,I think most here expect that.The disappointment will come from knowing that like UNC KU got away with having a completely different set of rules applied to them as opposed to other schools.

I have a question for you,do you think de Sousa will play for KU this season and should he?

On Aug. 9, 2017, Townsend texted Gassnola and wrote, "Coach Self just talked to Fenny let me know how it goes."

A few hours later, Gassnola texted Self: "Hall of Fame. When you have 5 minutes and your [sic] alone call me."

Later that night, after Self hadn't responded, Gassnola texted him again: "I talked with Fenny."

"We good," Self asked via text.

"Always," Gassnola replied. "That's [sic] was light work. Ball is in his court now."

SO just like your lying cheating brothers at UNCHEAT you think getting away with it makes you not guilty ? Now head back to the nest because we really don't need you over here, go yuck it up with the other JailHawks !

SO just like your lying cheating brothers at UNCHEAT you think getting away with it makes you not guilty ? Now head back to the nest because we really don't need you over here, go yuck it up with the other JailHawks !
UNCheat got off with a technicality, Kansas doesn't have that luxury. I said it before, the NCAA is not going to let anyone off, because they didn't go through the trouble of having the Rice commission and give suggestions on how to fix this problem, just to let everyone off with a warning.

Asking for a Directed Verdict is pretty standard(probably grounds for mistrial or ineffective counsel suit if you don't) I actually thought the defense had a shot at getting it in this case.I'm not sure the prosecution proved that the schools(at least some of them) weren't complicit in all this.
The basketball coaching staff is not the school. The school is relevant administrators and/or the governing board. The basketball staff can be complicit and the school the victim.

To follow up on my point, the NCAA doesn't have a choice in this matter, they have to be tough on this scandal. They can't afford the P.R. hit. The NCAA has been letting this go on for years and, the FBI has brought it to public attention, so they can't sit on their hands without any punishment. The 5 conferences can split off at any time, if they want to and create there own governing body. So to say they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them is ridiculous, what would cost them more money, punishing Kansas, or have the 5 major conferences bail on them.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
NEW YORK — Brad Augustine, the AAU coach of onetime Arizona target Nassir Little, detailed the recruiting whirlwind surrounding his star player in a recorded phone conversation played to jurors Tuesday as part of an ongoing federal fraud trial.

"The kid likes Miami, but I'm dealing with Sean at Arizona," Augustine said in the recorded conversation, referring to UA coach Sean Miller. "I don't think at the end of the day he's going to Duke, but he might go to UNC."

The recorded conversation did cover Deandre Ayton, the former Wildcats star and No. 1 NBA Draft pick. On the recording, Dawkins vented to Augustine about T.J. Gassnola, a shoe consultant and fixer who testified last week that he paired recruits with Adidas-sponsored college programs.

"T.J. just (messed up) the whole Deandre Ayton thing, him not going to Kansas," Dawkins told Augustine in the audio. "That was T.J."

Gassnola admitted as much last week. The fixer said he was disappointed that he couldn't deliver Ayton to KU, an Adidas school, after testifying that he gave Ayton's mother $15,000 through a family friend. Ayton instead signed with Arizona, a Nike school, then signed a lucrative shoe deal with Puma.

UNCheat got off with a technicality, Kansas doesn't have that luxury. I said it before, the NCAA is not going to let anyone off, because they didn't go through the trouble of having the Rice commission and give suggestions on how to fix this problem, just to let everyone off with a warning.
do not try to follow the ncaa’s agenda. i’ve tried for years and i think it’s imposdible to know. mostly silence works for them.

You well may be correct about no violations being handed down,I think most here expect that.The disappointment will come from knowing that like UNC KU got away with having a completely different set of rules applied to them as opposed to other schools.

I have a question for you,do you think de Sousa will play for KU this season and should he?

Yes and yes. For all the reasons I stated previously.

Kansas sucks either way and now everyone knows what Self is. I think you're going down, the NCAA and strict liability say so. You have no way around that except to keep repeating "self didn't know" which is orobbaky false anyway. You have no idea whether or not he knew, and common sense says he did. Its also not an excuse anyway. Self was playing with players that UK would not touch and doing it over and over. He knew these were the best recruits on the take and Kentucky and Duke weren't going to touch them. He rolled the dice to compete and that's why Kansas is ThugU to everyone except you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT