ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Corruption Trial - FINAL WEEK

Meaning if the NCAA punishes these schools for what every school/recruit is doing, there won't be change in the underlying issue with agents and shoe companies.
Don't try to tell us what our Coach is saying. We know exactly what he says and why he says it. We understand his methodology. You, on the other hand need to be worrying about what YOUR coaches are saying. Such as "We Good?" (Self) or

"I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way" (Townsend)

I figure it was disallowed because the judge doesn’t think it is relevant. That coaches were involved in cheating doesn’t have anything to do with whether universities were defrauded. The basketball team is not the university.

You do realize that the entire case of the defense has been showing that the coaches and universities wanted the help .... if what you said were true the judge wouldn’t of allowed any of their evidence

Dan Wetzel‏Verified account@DanWetzel

Dan Wetzel Retweeted Gentry Estes

Anyone who knew anything about this case knew Will Wade's name was coming up. If Judge had ruled evidence was relevant he would have come up even more. But no one knows anything in college sports these days

Dan Wetzel added,

Gentry EstesVerified account@Gentry_Estes
LSU's Will Wade says "It was a little bit surprising" to see his name brought up in the basketball trial yesterday. "I'm very proud of everything I've done as LSU's head coach," he said, "... and I or we heve never ever done business of any kind with Christian Dawkins." #SECMBB
1:19 PM - 17 Oct 2018

Don't try to tell us what our Coach is saying. We know exactly what he says and why he says it. We understand his methodology. You, on the other hand need to be worrying about what YOUR coaches are saying. Such as "We Good?" (Self) or

"I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way" (Townsend)

Some way... as in a way that could get him to KU without violating NCAA rules.

By this logic no organization can be a victim of embezzlement.
When your employee (Self) is the one defrauding it is disingenuous and self serving to go after Gassnola etc....Any justifications for it are stupid. Like I said if Kansas is sincere about being defrauded then they’ll now fire Self and Townsend because they knew.

If this is a bs ploy, which we all know it is, then they’ll keep Self and staff. You can’t claim defrauded and then not get rid of your employees who helped facilitate it.

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
When your employee (Self) is the one defrauding it is disingenuous and self serving to go after Gassnola etc....Any justifications for it are stupid. Like I said if Kansas is sincere about being defrauded then they’ll now fire Self and Townsend because they knew.

If this is a bs ploy, which we all know it is, then they’ll keep Self and staff. You can’t claim defrauded and then not get rid of your employees who helped facilitate it.
They can’t possibly keep Townsend. He is GONE. I don’t think there’s any question about that.

If anybody got defrauded it was the schools not paying like UK, we’ve been defrauded the most. But then Kansas can have the purchased players, probably why Kansas struggles to win titles.

that 1,500$. In the emery package was just sent to buy a rare one if a king type 1 pencil. The guy wasn’t even a booster, he only had UK tickets so he could watch the UL game and sold the rest

Is that how it works babyinacorner? Just wanna make sure I’m doing this bull sheeting right

The reason Kansas has trouble with players every year, multiple times a year, is because they are recruiting kids who feel entitled, are eagerly ready to break the rules of the NCAA, and have no respect for anything. If they don’t care about the rules of the NCAA, they sure as shit don’t care about KU, Self, or any of their idiotic fans.

I hope the NCAA does to them what they did to UL. They deserve it as much, if not more.

Do you expect him to say, "yes, we're impacted too?"
8cwl8.jpg

You sell him on playing time, fast path to the NBA, television exposure, facilities, training, etc. outweighing immediate payoff, like Duke provided.

Kansas offers this? How does he play when KU players are suspended half the time? Fast track to the NBA? Kansas? Lol...

I don’t know what program you are following.

He isn’t even worth responding to anymore. He is just trolling at this point because that is all he can do. Nobody in their right mind would not think their program has trouble after 2 weeks of the FBI and Adidas hashing it out in court and your coaches and players are the main topic.

Im just wondering if some of the same posters that had agendas and bashed Cal for not commenting on the FBI stuff last year will do a 180 and make an agenda bashing Cal for commenting on it now?

Please explain again, but slowly.

There were a few posters that bashed cal for not brushing off fbi questions a year ago. And I wonder if they will show their true agenda for bashing cal by bashing him for discussing it now. In other words show that no matter what cal does that they’ll bash him for it.

I feel like this has gotten off on fifteen different tangents. My only point is this: I think the prosecutors believe knowledge on the part of the coaches is irrelevant to whether the universities were defrauded, and the judge seems to favor this argument based on the evidence he disallowed. Keep in mind that the prosecutors called a compliance officer to testify that he didn’t know about any of this, but the defense wasn’t allowed to really introduce evidence of the coaches knowing.

But KU basketball should be completely effed regardless of whether these guys are convicted.
I agree with your point,if I were the defense I would argue that the coach and the university are the same entity for the purposes of what is alleged

Sorry it took me so long to understand your point(one of the many hazards of being old)

Yet only 4 since 1978. UConn has 4 in the past 20 years (most in college basketball over past 20 years)

I'm perfectly happy with UConn success I'm not calling them the best in the country. I can accept other programs with richer, longer histories having more titles
Thanks

Doesn't make you not a liar

Parrish is trying to protect his gay partner Self.... they are friends. Self and KU are proven cheaters ..... and they only believed someone at Nike helped UNC Duke and UK..... believe and proof are two different things

Meaning if the NCAA punishes these schools for what every school/recruit is doing, there won't be change in the underlying issue with agents and shoe companies.
Every school and recruit isn’t doing this, that’s only Kansas fans propaganda to minimize what Kansas did. UNC and Louisville fans said the same thing, UL still received penalties despite everyone supposedly doing it. The FBI has nothing on Kentucky and our coaches texting to buy players or phone calls trying to make arrangements to secure a player looking to be bought.

That’s just Kansas in a courtroom getting exposed, which isn’t odd at all. Kansas went on a run of signing a couple of real players to where before they were having some trouble signing the top guys. If Kentucky were buying then Kansas or anybody else wouldn’t beat us out for anybody. Kansas can have the purchased players.

ku_bkc_purdue_practices_11_crop_t650.jpg

Self: How do you do emojis? I want to send a flame when our bid gets accepted.

Townsend: What’s that? My flip phone doesn’t have it. I’m putting together a nice package for Zion unless he takes another deal.

Self: Oh snap!

Adam Zagoria‏Verified account@AdamZagoria

Adam Zagoria Retweeted Adam Zagoria

And if the defense wins this case it will have implications for the other upcoming college hoops trials as well. One is set for February and one for April. The government could be hurt in those if the defense wins here.

Adam Zagoria added,

Adam ZagoriaVerified account@AdamZagoria
I’ve been wrong before but I don’t see the jury voting unanimously for the government. I don’t think they’ve demonstrated the defendants had intent to defraud the Universities.
9:59 AM - 18 Oct 2018 from Manhattan, NY

ADVERTISEMENT