ADVERTISEMENT

Cable TV cord cutters

Called DTV 2 days ago and told them 200/month was too much and I needed to get it to $ 160 or I'd have to try YouTube TV.

They gave me a 12 month discount of $ 40 a month. Bang.

$160 a month is crazy high and too much IMO. I switched from Dish to Youtube TV 5 months ago and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have everything I need and want for $68 a month.

With the college hoops season starting soon I need a good reliable streaming app to watch all the cats games or at least most. . Any recommendations? $200 a month for spectrum can go to hell.
Wow! I do understand your feelings about this. I am currently paying Verizon FIOS $234.00 in addition to the $157.00 cell phone charge. The crazy thing other than I am still paying it is FIOS is dropping channels without replacing the dropped channels almost daily. This is criminal and I appear to be a willing victim of this heist. I am certainly a frog in hot water. Lol

$160 a month is crazy high and too much IMO. I switched from Dish to Youtube TV 5 months ago and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have everything I need and want for $68 a month.
I'll still look into it soon. Does Youtube allow you to do a longterm summer hold ? That would be a deal breaker if they did not.

I have 200g high speed internet for $60 that My wife and I both use for work also so it's paid for. Even with the Internet and Youtube TV it still is cheaper than I was paying every month for Dish.

For anyone with You Tube TV, I notice on their site it says 3 streams/6 accounts per household- what exactly does that mean- thanks

For anyone with You Tube TV, I notice on their site it says 3 streams/6 accounts per household- what exactly does that mean- thanks

I have it but not sure exactly. I think it means you can have 3 different users and no more than 6 streams or devices pulling at once. Would help fight and keep families from sharing the subscription amongst many households.

I have YouTube TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime all streaming at two locations in Lexington and a third location in Akron. $68 for YouTube TV, whatever my daughter is paying for Netflix and $14 for Prime supports three households.

I just dropped Spectrum internet in two locations at $79 and $69 a month and am now on a T-Mobile 5G internet hot spot for $50 a month per location.

The only time I get kicked off is when my daughter or her boyfriend decide to cast from their phone. The phone casting to the TV equals two of the three streams we are allowed. I pay the bill, so they get a text from me asking them to stop.

Believe me this will be one of the best decisions you ever make.

This is the difference in an HDMI port and USB port....

HDMI-Vs-USB-C-1024x520.png
If you have a Roku TV, you do not need a Firestick. You can buy it and use it, but it is unnecessary. The TV has every streaming app available.

Reactions: cdbearde
Is that reliable or does YouTube try to switch you back to your actual location?
It took a while, but I finally got Lexington local channels in Akron. I do not remember how, but I think it involved me working from Akron with me giving my wife, back in Lexington the codes to enter that showed up on the TV or my phone. I would willingly pay an extra $40 a month to lock that in.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, Spectrum just bumped up to $207 which is just stupid. And that's with Cable and Internet bundled. Problem is I can ditch the cable portion, but I lose the "discount" on the internet for bundling. so to get a speed that can keep up with us streaming along with two teenagers constantly streaming at the same time, It will still cost me around $100 just for the internet. I don't have much in the way of other options out where I'm at. I think I can get AT&T, but that's crap and wouldn't handle my needs. So Spectrum pretty much has me by the nads Internet wise.

What's the most economical streaming package that will get me the SEC Network, the ESPN's and CBS for watching games.
T-Mobile has wireless 5 G internet for $50 a month if it is in your area.

After 40 years of living in the woods with no decent internet, Spectrum internet just ran a fiber optic cable down my dirt road. I tied on immediately, and consistently get download speeds of 235 MBPS. I only subscribe to their internet connection. I did a trial with YouTube TV and Hulu, but the user interfaces were horrible (I'm 74 and not a fan of thumbnails, etc.). I finally settled on DirecTV Stream and it's wonderful! If you use their small box and remote ($5/month or $120 up front), the interface is almost identical to DirecTV satellite. Recordings are very easy to keep up with, and I have all the same sports channels I had in the past. I really wanted to tell DirecTV to stick it when I started streaming, but I crawled to their streaming service after a week of total frustration with the others.

Morals to a cable company. They can go F themselves all I care.
You're also punishing the content creators. If the viewership isn't high enough, their work isn't going to get renewed if it's a TV show. If it's a movie, the actors and behind the scenes people are just going to lose money and if it doesn't make enough money then it's not going to get a potential sequel.

You're also punishing the content creators. If the viewership isn't high enough, their work isn't going to get renewed if it's a TV show. If it's a movie, the actors and behind the scenes people are just going to lose money and if it doesn't make enough money then it's not going to get a potential sequel.
How will the millionaire actors ever live? Cable is dying.

I am so glad this was posted! UVerse (att) is charging me $200 for their 450 Chanel package + $60 for 300mbps internet and it’s always been about 175 total.

my friends swear by YouTube TV but I didn’t believe them until this thread. THANK YOU

They don't but there isn't a a contract so you can stop it anytime your want.
actually I pause my subscription with Youtube for the summers and select a date for it to start up again. I believe the benefit to that is my DVR records are still recorded and I have access to them when I resume my subscription

It's crazy to pay $200 for cable in today's market. Great streaming options for below $100 and if you get the right hook up you can be in great TV packages under $50 per month...

Reactions: gharding07
Has anyone tried Verizon's 5G home internet? It's supposed to be a good as non-fiber cable at a fraction of the cost. If you are a Verizon cell customer, it's $25/month. It's only offered in select cities though (Louisville is one).

Has anyone tried Verizon's 5G home internet? It's supposed to be a good as non-fiber cable at a fraction of the cost. If you are a Verizon cell customer, it's $25/month. It's only offered in select cities (Louisville is one).
My brother only has low bandwidth options for internet, he ended up going with 2 hotspots in his house with Verizon, compared to what he had, he loves it - lets him do whatever he needs to do which is stream a couple of devices at the same time and surf the internet on a laptop.

I wouldn't say his household is a high bandwidth consumer though

Reactions: DSmith21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT