ADVERTISEMENT

The age old question ...again

YTTV. Hands down is the best option. You can also get the NFL ticket which is great. I love that you can watch four games at once if you want. Never had an issue. I have an Xbox X that I can use for ESPN plus.
Are you able to simply get the NFL Redzone channel? I know in the past when the ticket was with Directv you had to get the whole package. All I need is the redzone, personally. Thank you for your insight!

YTTV doesn't have the History Channel.

I still think YTTV is the best platform, and you can get a standard hulu membership for 1.99 per month if you sign up on black friday weekend. They post all of History Channels content on there for streaming.
Yeah. I do miss history with YTTV. I forgot though so it ain’t so bad. Thanks for the Hulu tip.

Reactions: Thats An Awful Idea
This is my first move from cable. I went with Hulu-Live. It has the local channels and all the Lifetime and other crap channels that my wife watches (if you read this, Doris, I'm just kidding). The good part is, it has all the sports that matter to me. All the ESPN channels, SEC, ACC, Big 10, Fox Sports, Golf. It costs around $80 a month. I pay around $30 a month for ATT fiber internet. Much easier on the wallet than the $240 a month I was paying Spectrum.

There's a new option coming at some point that will be better and cheaper than all of them.

I subscribe to YouTube TV during college football season.

But during March madness, I think Sling Blue covers you for cheaper since the games are on CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV.
You know something specific? If so I’m curious… 😁

I love YTTV but I do not want them to dominate, competition will keep the price where we need it to be. Hulu is good also.

You know something specific? If so I’m curious… 😁
It was big news a few weeks ago. It's a partnership between several of the top sports entities. It won't have everything, but it will have a lot and likely be cheaper than paying for a bunch of non sports channels like you have to now.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you get Reds baseball on YouTube TV?
I don’t think Bally Sports Ohio is on YTTV. That’s why I went with Fubo tv. It has all my local channels, all the ESPN’s and SEC networks and Bally Sports as well as the Fox 4k channel and the FS1 4k channel (sports is another level on a true 4k broadcast and a high level Oled tv😮😊!!). Once I selected UK and the Reds as favorites it automatically records every game without me having to even pick them.
My monthly is around $110 per month

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
Cutting the cord; YouTube TV or Hulu+sports?

I know, I know, it's been discussed here, but not in a while. And honestly, I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't applicable to me, then. Welp... need guidance now.

Last I looked it seemed like YTTV was best for my viewing and normal TV watching (Disc, History, FX NatGeo, TNT, stuff like that). That and obviously UK games and major sports stuff.

Would most of you recommend YTTV over Hulu+S, or can you offer any package/combo guidance? TIA!
Very much happy with YTTV...a great sports package and it's with me on a Chromebook wherever I travel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT