ADVERTISEMENT

Cable TV cord cutters

Lol I just got my Spectrum Bill down to $200 and I'm happy.

I haven't looked too much into other options tbh. The cable companies can be frustrating but ultimately you have to rely on their internet and then if you want things like ESPN or HBO you either get them with cable or go ALA carte.

For me it just seems easier to deal with the one provider.

I'm trying to get used to this app only thing though....was spoiled for years by the box for sure.

YouTube TV and it’s not even close. I love cable but made the switch and it’s so nice. Get a smart TV or an Amazon fire stick/google chrome cast and it’s like you have cable for a fraction of the cost
How much is YouTube per month??

Yup. EFF the cable companies. I had good luck with Sling TV and the SEC package previously, but last year I switched to Youtube TV and loved it much better. Highly Reccommend.

Love YoutubeTv. Although I was able to pause for a long time and pay nothing because I found a free streaming site that’s got every sport streamed in good quality.

Reactions: awf
Can you do youtube TV just for the college basketball season, and then stop it once mid-April rolls around?

Can you do youtube TV just for the college basketball season, and then stop it once mid-April rolls around?

Yes.I paused mine and went back under another email and got the first few weeks free or something like that. I’ve done that several times and paid zero.

Like I said above I also paused it because I found an excellent streaming site with good quality and was pying nothing to watch all the game. The STL Cardinals games I get on Bally Sports app because I’ve got at&t cell phones. So everything clicked just right.

Can’t believe people still use cable. I can’t even watch cable anymore even in another room, just pull up my phone. Anyone still using cable needs to for real get rid of it. You’ll never go back.

Correct. That's exactly what I did this past April after the final four was over, then started it back up in August for football

Last edited:
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
DirectTV stream. Affiliated with AT&T. $20 off phone bill if you have phone through AT&T and use DirectTV stream. No issues and cheaper than many with discount. Don’t get SEC alternative though.

one time payment of $275 for louisville media box.

Im watching hornets celtics on it right now.
Hornets finally have themselves a good squad. I was so wrong about Lemonjello and I couldn't be happier.

That's not a typo. I call him Lemonjello.

Yes.I paused mine and went back under another email and got the first few weeks free or something like that. I’ve done that several times and paid zero.

Like I said above I also paused it because I found an excellent streaming site with good quality and was pying nothing to watch all the game. The STL Cardinals games I get on Bally Sports app because I’ve got at&t cell phones. So everything clicked just right.

Can’t believe people still use cable. I can’t even watch cable anymore even in another room, just pull up my phone. Anyone still using cable needs to for real get rid of it. You’ll never go back.
Lot of people have spotty internet service and don't want to be in the middle of watching an important game, only for their service to crap out.

Cable companies are scum. But I intend to use this giant 4K TV and enjoy it.

YoutubeTV for me. Had it for over 2 years and haven’t regretted it for a second.

Reactions: seccats04
Work for spectrum & it’s all free 😎 actually, I wouldn’t do that to any of you. Not a great place to work. Pay is good. Benefits good. Free services are really nice. But damn the suits in charge 😂 they’re so bad it’s depressing. At least I get to watch sports for free 😂

Sling with the sports package. Costs around 40 bucks a month. I considered YouTube TV because I live in a rural area where an antenna can’t pick up local channels. But at the end of the day, those few channels weren’t worth paying double the price to me, so I just went with sling and it’s been great.

Reactions: gojvc
I will say I love Hulu- but I have never tried YouTube. I have some friends that swear by YouTube, but I honestly don’t know the difference.

Reactions: gojvc
I say this in every thread about streaming — the best part about any of these is that there’s no contracts. Unlike with cable and/or satellite where you’re locked in, there’s equipment, etc…

With these streaming services you can try them out for a month or two, if you don’t like it or something is missing — fine, drop it and try another one the next month. No big deal. No equipment, no contracts.

Spectrum just went up $40 a month on me so I'm getting ready to drop them. Doing the free trial with YouTube TV right now and looking it very much. Gets all the channels I need including SEC Network and unlimited recording so I may just stick with it and say bye - bye to Spectrum. Can't wait to get rid of them though I'll need to keep internet. $65 a month beats $180 a month and the picture looks great.

Bought mine on Saturday. Blown away.

Every channel, every game, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, MLB, movies, video on demand.........free....(I mean after the one time purchase anyway.)

I was a skeptic, thought what the h**l, I'll take a chance......

Directv subscriber for over 20 years. Done with that now....

Anyone who has that, I’d seriously look into a vpn. For about $100/year you’re making that a lot safer to use.

Reactions: Nbacats
YoutubeTV. I use Fubo which is good but it doesn't have TBS/TNT/TruTv which is obviously a problem for the tournament. YTTV doesn't have freaking Hallmark channel which my wife can't live without.. so for March I'll probably sign up for YTTV or maybe Sling for a month during the tournament.
Had the same issue, but I have found a fix. I do YoutubeTV, and November thru January, I add frndly tv which has all the hallmark channels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT