ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl Has Been In Contact With Lousiville Officials

There is ZERO chance he would stay at Auburn over UL unless there’s a lot of money involved and there probably won’t be.

Pearl hates Cal and loves beating him. This goes way back to Cal trying to cancel the Mem / UT game. I know exactly what I’m talking about. Pearl loves that Cal hates him. He definitely wants the UL job if offered.

That guy is an Auburn fan doing the same thing all small programs do right up until they lose their coach. “Memphis is where I want to be”. I’ve already lived this, and Memphis was offering more money than UK, and he had established the number 1 class there. He still left.

You guys lol. Just so clueless.
Sorry my bad, how dare people question the smartest person on the board.

Reactions: DM8 and Rockfly78
Sorry my bad, how dare people question the smartest person on the board.

No problem but next time use some common damn sense. Have you ever even been to Auburn, Alabama? It’s a wasteland. Auburn basketball is one of the worst power 5 jobs in America. But Pearl, who’s a pos that only cares about himself, is going to turn down a chance to be talked about all across the country, be part of a rivalry with Cal and UK, be around the state of kentucky in basketball playing UNC, Duke, and Caltucky?

It literally shows a lack of understanding completely to believe that’s possible. If he doesn’t go there they didn’t really offer, or the money just wasn’t there. That’s it.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
No problem but next time use some common damn sense. Have you ever even been to Auburn, Alabama? It’s a wasteland. Auburn basketball is one of the worst power 5 jobs in America. But Pearl, who’s a pos that only cares about himself, is going to turn down a chance to be talked about all across the country, be part of a rivalry with Cal and UK, be around the state of kentucky in basketball playing UNC, Duke, and Caltucky?

It literally shows a lack of understanding completely to believe that’s possible. If he doesn’t go there they didn’t really offer, or the money just wasn’t there. That’s it.
Just to clarify, which one is it? Because earlier you said "if UofL offers hes gone" and now you are saying that the money not being there might not make him leave?

Just to clarify, which one is it? Because earlier you said "if UofL offers hes gone" and now you are saying that the money not being there might not make him leave?

Honestly, how old are you man? I ask that because you show a severe misunderstanding of how this works. It’s gotta come from a lack of experience.

UL has something Pearl wants. His image is ruined, he’s known as a pos, and he just got put on probation yet again. Louisville probably doesn’t think, with what they have to offer just being what they are, that they have to run in with a blank check. They might try and get him for cheap but Pearl might believe he’s worth the money. It depends on what Louisville is thinking which we don’t know.

1. If they offer Pearl, even for cheap, he might still go.

Option 2. They pay him and he’s gone yesterday

option 3. They don’t want to pay him and don’t think they have to, and Pearl can’t turn down the money Auburn IS willing to pay.

I’d assume we’re closer to options 1 and 2 than 3. This is a dream scenario to Pearl. You don’t realize the blood between Cal and Pearl. It’s well known in Tennessee. Play UNC DUKE and UK, compete against Cal, be in the headlines in Kentucky for the next year straight, or stay at the Barn in Auburn.

Sit back and watch.

Honestly, how old are you man? I ask that because you show a severe misunderstanding of how this works. It’s gotta come from a lack of experience.

UL has something Pearl wants. His image is ruined, he’s known as a pos, and he just got put on probation yet again. Louisville probably doesn’t think, with what they have to offer just being what they are, that they have to run in with a blank check. They might try and get him for cheap but Pearl might believe he’s worth the money. It depends on what Louisville is thinking which we don’t know.

option 3. They don’t want to pay him and don’t think they have to, and Pearl can’t turn down the money Auburn IS willing to pay.

I’d assume we’re closer to options 1 and 2 than 3. This is a dream scenario to Pearl. You don’t realize the blood between Cal and Pearl. It’s well known in Tennessee. Play UNC DUKE and UK, compete against Cal, be in the headlines in Kentucky for the next year straight, or stay at the Barn in Auburn.

Sit back and watch.
LOL, I think your illogical (?) hatred of auburn is clouding your judgement. Yes its more than likely he goes to UofL is offered but to act like there is no shot he stays if offered is just stupid. Pearl's image is really not ruined at all either, Will Wade and Pitino are ones with "ruined images".

Reactions: judgefudge101

Sit back and watch.
Louisville media on twitter has already gave up on pearl because he's getting a raise and new facilities.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
LOL, I think your illogical (?) hatred of auburn is clouding your judgement. Yes its more than likely he goes to UofL is offered but to act like there is no shot he stays if offered is just stupid. Pearl's image is really not ruined at all either, Will Wade and Pitino are ones with "ruined images".

lol. Believe what you want. And to say Pearl isn’t ruined is hilarious. He’s one of the most ruined coaches in CBB. Why do you think he’s as good as he is at AUBURN?

You never said your age. I’m guessing 19? 20?

lol. Believe what you want. And to say Pearl isn’t ruined is hilarious. He’s one of the most ruined coaches in CBB. Why do you think he’s as good as he is at AUBURN?

You never said your age. I’m guessing 19? 20?
Im not going to tell you my age but go a good amount higher and youll be close.

• Haha

Waste land indeed. Covered in cow pies.

Louisville media on twitter has already gave up on pearl because he's getting a raise and new facilities.

I would love for Pearl to stay at Auburn. He’s really no threat to UK even if he has some decent success there over a decade. Auburn is too far behind us and when he leaves they’ll be a doormat. UK fans have seen every SEC program so this. You should have seen Arkansas fans in the 90’s, and they actually won a title.

I would love for Pearl to stay at Auburn. He’s really no threat to UK even if he has some decent success there over a decade. Auburn is too far behind us and when he leaves they’ll be a doormat. UK fans have seen every SEC program so this. You should have seen Arkansas fans in the 90’s, and they actually won a title.
I think the move to U6 would be a match made in heaven. Cheating coach at a cheating institution. Also I can’t really hate U6 anymore so it’s kind of animosity neutral. The comedy potential is boundless. Most important, that cheating bastard will never come to UK after the U6 stench is on him.

Last edited:

I think many times college fans overestimate “tradition” and underestimate “current status and situation.”

Louisville ain’t UK or Kansas or UNC and the condition of the program is about as bad as you can get in college athletics in terms of reputation and sanctions and leadership.

Let’s say Pearl goes to the FF this year. For the 2nd time in 3 years. At Auburn. He will likely have a 1 seed at least. Sure it’s a football school. But so was UT. SEC programs are just for the most part superior to Louisville. At least that’s where college athletics is headed. I’m still trying to understand what the appeal of UL is. Yes they have facilities and fan support. Yippee. One FF before Denny Crum and 1 FF after.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
OANews?

Auburn is proactively pursuing a contract extension for men’s basketball coach Bruce Pearl, and there is comfort in the athletics department that Auburn will be able to offer an extension that will allow him to finish his career with the Tigers, the Opelika-Auburn News learned Thursday as talk swirled linking Pearl to the newly open Louisville job.
--------------

Of course Memphis tried that with Cal too

OANews?

Auburn is proactively pursuing a contract extension for men’s basketball coach Bruce Pearl, and there is comfort in the athletics department that Auburn will be able to offer an extension that will allow him to finish his career with the Tigers, the Opelika-Auburn News learned Thursday as talk swirled linking Pearl to the newly open Louisville job.
--------------

Of course Memphis tried that with Cal too
He can use that in either direction. To get a raise from Auburn or to get a better offer from UL.

Dude, stop. You have no clue how this works and you’re an Auburn fan so I get it. If Louisville offers Pearl he’s gone. Auburn is not a destination job. I can tell you’ve never been to the Lex / Lou area because if you had you’d know Auburn can’t compete with that on its best day in history. Pearl against Cal UK / UL that’s what coaches coach for their entire lives. It’s basketball heaven.

Coaches say all sorts of things. Memphis thought Cal would stay over UK. This happens all the time with smaller fan bases. If UL wants Pearl he’s gone. Fast. Rival with UK, playing Duke and UNC yearly, this is what every coach wants.

Auburn is an afterthought and there’s no way Pearl would choose to stay in that dump playing second fiddle to the swim team and Alabama everything. Go away.
There is ZERO chance he would stay at Auburn over UL unless there’s a lot of money involved and there probably won’t be.

Pearl hates Cal and loves beating him. This goes way back to Cal trying to cancel the Mem / UT game. I know exactly what I’m talking about. Pearl loves that Cal hates him. He definitely wants the UL job if offered.

That guy is an Auburn fan doing the same thing all small programs do right up until they lose their coach. “Memphis is where I want to be”. I’ve already lived this, and Memphis was offering more money than UK, and he had established the number 1 class there. He still left.

Hate to tell you this, but Bruce just signed his new contract with Auburn

To become the next Louisville Head Coach. Auburn is gonna cry tampering. Less they forget they met with Bobby Petrino at the airport mid season. Karma is a beitch.
I heard Pearl has already bought a horse farm between Shelbyville and Louisville. He was seen leaving on a private airplane. It is being tracked by radar as it flies over Atlanta.

So, if Pearl spurns UL and stays at auburn dude you gotta eat some shit. Then we all get to guess your age.

I have no idea if he'll take the job or not. I guess if Auburn is going to roll up a Brinks truck, he'll stay

he'll have to admit he peaked in his career at Auburn though

• Haha
So, if Pearl spurns UL and stays at auburn dude you gotta eat some shit. Then we all get to guess your age.

Depends on why. Auburn will say Louisville offered Grants farm and he still said no. It’s gonna be hard to sort it out.

And if he does stay at Auburn instead of going to Louisville if the money was right, then Louisville is even worse than I thought. Imagine calling yourself a top 10 basketball program and getting turned down for Auburn lol. Imagine UK being told no by a coach at Auburn.

I seriously don’t think some of you have been to Auburn Alabama. Especially basketball, it’s a wasteland. By far one of the worst power 5 jobs for basketball.

Reactions: TurfTiger
Depends on why. Auburn will say Louisville offered Grants farm and he still said no. It’s gonna be hard to sort it out.

And if he does stay at Auburn instead of going to Louisville if the money was right, then Louisville is even worse than I thought. Imagine calling yourself a top 10 basketball program and getting turned down for Auburn lol. Imagine UK being told no by a coach at Auburn.

I seriously don’t think some of you have been to Auburn Alabama. Especially basketball, it’s a wasteland. By far one of the worst power 5 jobs for basketball.
And yet, he’s staying at Auburn

You obviously have NO clue. Wish our fans would hoop & holler like their fans did against us. When was the last time our fans stood outside the night before in line waiting for tickets??

Pearl would actually be smart to take the Louisville job long-term. If the sanctions aren't that bad, he could rule the ACC with UNC and Duke having these new coaches. UNC already has, but once Duke struggles some next year as Scheyer learns how difficult it is to get freshmen to play hard, there will be an opening for some ACC school to step in and dominate ~ ala Clemson in football when Miami, FSU, and Virg Tech started to flounder.

I was wondering the same. I’m legit or my wife is legit? 🤔

🤣
giphy.gif

I was reading an article on cardchronicle this morning and he thinks Bruce is just using this situation to get more money. I happen to agree with him. Louisville isn't even close to hiring someone right now. And it's clear Bruce wants it to be known that he's a candidate and that Louisville has reached out. Auburn has an upcoming board meeting where they will be voting to approve building new facilities. And it wouldn't surprise me if we hear in the next week or so that Auburn has given Bruce a raise and a lifetime contract. Bruce prefers this distraction happen now instead of in March, when it could interfere with a potential Final Four or title run.

Don’t backtrack now. You’ve been pretty adamant. I’m just saying you may owe that dude an apology. How old is he again?

Reactions: DM8
I was reading an article on cardchronicle this morning and he thinks Bruce is just using this situation to get more money. I happen to agree with him. Louisville isn't even close to hiring someone right now. And it's clear Bruce wants it to be known that he's a candidate and that Louisville has reached out. Auburn has an upcoming board meeting where they will be voting to approve building new facilities. And it wouldn't surprise me if we hear in the next week or so that Auburn has given Bruce a raise and a lifetime contract. Bruce prefers this distraction happen now instead of in March, when it could interfere with a potential Final Four or title run.
It’s already done but hasn’t been formally announced. New contract for him, his assistants, basketball only facility, the works

Reactions: DM8

This aged poorly. You should have listened to @BigCat241 and the other folks ITT who told you it was far from a lock that Bruce would pick the dumpster fire at UL over Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT