ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie a Warrior!

I know boogie is all about winning, but he would of had just as much chance to win in la and with the pelicans. Plus he took peanuts to go there. I hate it he sold his soul for a ring

On the flipside, I cant wait to see Golden State fans if this situation were reversed on them. They'd be saying the same thing as the other 29 teams are.

As for Houston, I want them to make zero moves now. Work on clearing salary cap in prep for next years ceiling raise. That's the only way to make a move at Golden State: Free salary and try and entice players to come and possibly do what GSW is doing and take less money for the good of winning a title.

On the flipside, I cant wait to see Golden State fans if this situation were reversed on them. They'd be saying the same thing as the other 29 teams are.

As for Houston, I want them to make zero moves now. Work on clearing salary cap in prep for next years ceiling raise. That's the only way to make a move at Golden State: Free salary and try and entice players to come and possibly do what GSW is doing and take less money for the good of winning a title.

I hope Houston gets some good interior player. I feel like AD can't be happy. I'm sure he's pissed.

and you think GSW is just going to stand pat after next season?

Pelicans weren’t winning jack
giphy.gif

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I know boogie is all about winning, but he would of had just as much chance to win in la and with the pelicans. Plus he took peanuts to go there. I hate it he sold his soul for a ring

Just as much chance??? Cmon now.

Many in here been crying for years saying Boogie deserves a ring and now theres conditions for it???

Was NEVER happening in NO or LA.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Lol wow.

First NBA players don't deserve all that money

NBA players only care about money

Now NBA player taking less money = selling his soul.
Not to mention that it's completely ridiculous to say that he would have had just as good a chance at winning a title somewhere (anywhere) else.

Lol wow.

First NBA players don't deserve all that money

NBA players only care about money

Now NBA player taking less money = selling his soul.
5.4 is peanuts for what he was reportedly going to get. 2/60 million is still way under. I get it dude wants to win but had he stayed with the pelicans in even went to the lakers he would of had just as good of a chance to win a title with them. I think he wants a ring and then go somewhere like the lakers on a long term deal. Signing a 5.4 million dollar deal tells me he obviously wants a championship now

Many in here been crying for years saying Boogie deserves a ring and now theres conditions for it???

I wouldn't say never .if LA get more aggressive and get Kawhi, then they'll have good 1-2 punch .

So had Boogie joined it would be KL, LeBron, and Boogie. That's dangerous team for GSW.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Only team I genuinely care is UK.

I just like watching basketball. I have no loyalty in NBA teams. I'm just happy to see UK player start on potentially championship team. While next year Boogie might not do much but after that big support .
Next year he won’t do much? Explain please.

Pelicans weren’t winning jack
With Randle, and a few more pieces they had a shot but not anymore. I think they could of made it to the wcf if they would of signed him and one more stud preferably a good pg to run the show with rondo gone

Yep. He was a black hole with Davis... AD never had a chance...
Minus the dollars, this is another odd pickup really. Luv Boogie but this is a guy who's been a black hole with the ball going to a team that shares it the most.

I hope Houston gets some good interior player. I feel like AD can't be happy. I'm sure he's pissed.

I'd have to look and see who is available, but it won't be AD unless it's some trade.

But they absolutely should concede next year.. They won't. But as a smart fan.. why bother. Heck, I'd rest Paul every other game and make sure he doesn't get injured.

Go after Klay, Boogie, Kyrie.. Lot of options for next season, they just can't waste money now. No contracts. And hope that someone takes Ryan Anderson as a package deal.

Speaking of Anderson, he makes 4x what Boogie makes now..

Reactions: WildMoon
Next year he won’t do much? Explain please.

He's going to sit over 65-70% of season.

He might do a lot by end of the playoff .But I think this is more about signing boogie to the team so they can then offer huge salary afterwards.

I don't think he was saying the other 29 teams could have gotten him for 5 million like the Warriors did. Looks to me like he was saying any of the other 29 teams could have offered him a max deal or something large enough to land him.

Exactly. Other teams who were interested were telling Cousins to wait while those teams who were interested tried to sign "higher priority" players. Cousins said screw it. If I'm not your top priority then I'll go to the Warriors and win a title and get a max deal next year, possibly from the Warriors.

Cousins has played in obscurity for the most part since he's been in the league. The analysts and commentators constantly bring up his "attitude" over his talent. This is Boogie's way of saying "screw you guys, I'm going to do what I want to do".

He would've had just as good of a chance to win with the Lakers or Pelicans as Golden State? Seriously?
I’m saying they would of been in a good enough situation, plus you never know what could happen. Adding cousins to an already stacked lineup makes them the front runner for the title. Sure they were without him but you’re adding the best center in the game.

He's going to sit over 65-70% of season.

He might do a lot by end of the playoff .But I think this is more about signing boogie to the team so they can then offer huge salary afterwards.
Oh ok he’s saying December or January

and you think GSW is just going to stand pat after next season?

Ha, that's my favorite part about this. Not sure GSW fans even realize that this is damn near impossible to keep going. You can't underpay everyone. Boogie HAD to take this money. Klay wants max..

At some point.. yes, Golden State won't be able to skirt the salary cap. They won't have 4 players making $10-15 million less than what they should.

That remains to be seen as fa is just getting started m. What if leonrd would been traded to la as well? Sure his chances weren’t as great if he did sign in Nola but you know the lakers will add more pieces than what they have. He would of had a shot to compete with them with born ready, kuzma, lonzo(maybe) Ingram, and whoever else they sign. Now the lakers have zero chance to beat the warriors.

I wouldn't say never .if LA get more aggressive and get Kawhi, then they'll have good 1-2 punch .

So had Boogie joined it would be KL, LeBron, and Boogie. That's dangerous team for GSW.

Only issue with that is 1. No shooters still/its a very hodgepodge lineup, 2. KL isnt on the Lakers as of now. Boogie had no guarantee that was/is ever going to happen.

Not to mention that it's completely ridiculous to say that he would have had just as good a chance at winning a title somewhere (anywhere) else.

Exactly. I mean GS was already a heavy favorite to win it without him.

Exactly. Other teams who were interested were telling Cousins to wait while those teams who were interested tried to sign "higher priority" players. Cousins said screw it. If I'm not your top priority then I'll go to the Warriors and win a title and get a max deal next year, possibly from the Warriors.

Cousins has played in obscurity for the most part since he's been in the league. The analysts and commentators constantly bring up his "attitude" over his talent. This is Boogie's way of saying "screw you guys, I'm going to do what I want to do".
Suns have over 40 million in cap space next season...

TBH.. Boogie makes me dislike GSW a little less. He's a Kentucky player and a likeable guy.. He's got a hot temper, but otherwise he's kind of a big goof. And he deserves a ring.

Ha, that's my favorite part about this. Not sure GSW fans even realize that this is damn near impossible to keep going. You can't underpay everyone. Boogie HAD to take this money. Klay wants max..

At some point.. yes, Golden State won't be able to skirt the salary cap. They won't have 4 players making $10-15 million less than what they should.

No team wins forever...you enjoy it while you can. At least you got to enjoy it in the first place. Most teams dont.

Last edited:
Soumebdiy will have to exit stage right on this team because there will need to make room so cousins can get his also. They will be feeding him big time. I’m sure they are going o be cutting or real easing a few stars soon

Agreed, that's why I stressed if they have chemistry

Boogie gets to win a title, and have no stress in doing so (Warriors were 100% locks anyways) and hopefully heal/show he still has it and get a bigger deal next year from the Lakers or whoever.

As for my Lakers...eff the Spurs. Stand pat...don't give up Ingram and just get Leonard near the trade deadline or whenever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT