ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie a Warrior!

Bullshit. There's only one team in the League that Boogie would've signed with for only five mil, and that's the Warriors. Because they had something to offer the other teams couldn't: a damn near certain title.

If the other 28 teams had offered him such a paltry deal worth so much less than he's actually worth, he'd have told them to take a hike.
Calm down and read, I said they would've had to step up and pay him. They weren't willing to take that risk.

So who's fault is it that they were afraid to step up and pay the man?

It's no ones. Boogie did the same thing KD did. With a 7-game series, KD was able to say "Yes, I can gaurantee titles with me being on the team, why not take less"... Cousins basically said the same thing.

As a GM, what can you really do about that?

Let's not pretend that organization, city, or coach is anything special, at all. They made/stumbled onto a team that players, quite literally, can't say no to.

Until a few other organizations can do something similar, or the NBA steps in (fearing decline in regular season viewership).. there isn't much you can do. Klay and Dray will really want to think about leaving to automatically lose the chance for another ring, or taking a paycut to guarantee they get another one.

They will sign 2 elites. Lebron already on board and they’ll get another. That’s what we all said in that thread all along.

Do you want me to link articles that indeed say the lakers can 100% sign 2 elites/ stars ?
Nah doofy, I said they didnt have enough cap space to sign 2 max players because they didnt have enough cap space to sign 2 max players. You started crying and posting bleacher report articles. I simply stated a fact, you acted like a clown.

Nah doofy, I said they didnt have enough cap space to sign 2 max players because they didnt have enough cap space to sign 2 max players. You started crying and posting bleacher report articles. I simply stated a fact, you acted like a clown.

Go fight with someone else. You are such a child. You’ve already been called out and proven wrong countless times today by @morgousky so now you randomly start trying to pick fights with me?

Just admit you were wrong. 100% wrong. We’re all wrong sometimes. Own it. Acting as you do when you’re proven wrong is just cringy and juvenile

Grow up.

No more conversation with you this evening.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They will sign 2 elites. Lebron already on board and they’ll get another. That’s what we all said in that thread all along.

Do you want me to link articles that indeed say the lakers can 100% sign 2 elites/ stars ?
Stop moving the goalposts. I clearly said they didnt have enough cap space for 2 max contracts, not elite guys. Here the Bleacher Report article you used to say I was wrong.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....t-superstars-in-2018-nba-free-agency.amp.html

Dont be.
Exactly... i mean it’s not fun at all. No way in hell anyone
Let's not pretend that organization, city, or coach is anything special, at all. They made/stumbled onto a team that players, quite literally, can't say no to.

No ones pretending anything. Theyre kicking ass right now. No guarantee Boogie comes back "Boogie"...but oh if he does. ;)

Lebron could have stayed East and kept going to the finals in perpetuity. He might not even make it out of the second round depending on how the standings shake out.

Go fight with someone else. You are such a child. You’ve already been called out and proven wrong countless times today by @morgousky so now you randomly start trying to pick fights with me?

Just admit you were wrong. 100% wrong. We’re all wrong sometimes. Own it. Acting as you do when you’re proven wrong is just cringy and juvenile

Grow up.

No more conversation with you this evening.
Yeah dude, I was wrong when I said the Lakers didnt have enough cap space to sign 2 max players when they didnt have enough cap space to sign 2 players. Put me on block instead of trying to take sneak shots like a clown then crying when I come back at you.

Curious.. what was the exact reason for blocking CP3 to LA? I seem to remember that being blocked mainly because owners we're pissed and found. Granted that was a trade and not a FA signing..

But that was blocked to keep balance in the NBA. IF, one would believe this move hurts the NBA as a whole, yeah, probably should be blocked.

Bullshit. There's only one team in the League that Boogie would've signed with for only five mil, and that's the Warriors. Because they had something to offer the other teams couldn't: a damn near certain title.

If the other 29 teams had offered him such a paltry deal worth so much less than he's actually worth, he'd have told them to take a hike.
I don't think he was saying the other 29 teams could have gotten him for 5 million like the Warriors did. Looks to me like he was saying any of the other 29 teams could have offered him a max deal or something large enough to land him.

Curious.. what was the exact reason for blocking CP3 to LA? I seem to remember that being blocked mainly because owners we're pissed and found. Granted that was a trade and not a FA signing..

But that was blocked to keep balance in the NBA. IF, one would believe this move hurts the NBA as a whole, yeah, probably should be blocked.

Nah league owned team and stopped it. I believe.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

I guess where I'm going with this, is to see if GSW fans sees this for what it is. If these guys were on Houston, of course, it would be a fun ride for me.

(Don't want Curry, still think he's a giant pussy, and I stand by that whether he's in Houston Red or not..).

But.. I would absolutely laugh at the absurdity that Houston created.. I would be the trust fund kid that's like "Oh yeah, I know this is ridiculous to have a pet Tiger"

If the team has good chemistry, were potentially looking at the best team of all time. Ridiculous.
Soumebdiy will have to exit stage right on this team because there will need to make room so cousins can get his also. They will be feeding him big time. I’m sure they are going o be cutting or real easing a few stars soon

I guess where I'm going with this, is to see if GSW fans sees this for what it is. If these guys were on Houston, of course, it would be a fun ride for me.

(Don't want Curry, still think he's a giant pussy, and I stand by that whether he's in Houston Red or not..).

But.. I would absolutely laugh at the absurdity that Houston created.. I would be the trust fund kid that's like "Oh yeah, I know this is ridiculous to have a pet Tiger"

Go after AD.

Would love it. Having AD on a championship contender.

Nah league owned team and stopped it. I believe.

Yeah I guess league-ownership gave them ability to correct the balance

“Since the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, final responsibility for significant management decisions lies with the commissioner's office in consultation with team chairman Jac Sperling. All decisions are made on the basis of what is in the best interests of the Hornets. In the case of the trade proposal that was made to the Hornets for Chris Paul, we decided, free from the influence of other NBA owners, that the team was better served with Chris in a Hornets uniform than by the outcome of the terms of that trade.”

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/12/chris-paul-david-stern.html

ADVERTISEMENT