ADVERTISEMENT

Article. Huge Cal supporter sees the light

ukjenning44

Junior
Nov 21, 2022

She has supported Cal like no other. But she has finally realized he is tearing our “Gold Standard” program to shreds.

Very well written, and spot on. I hope the bigger media outlets push this narrative to put Cal on the hotseat for the current state of the program. I feel like everyone is "scared" of Cal, like he's some sort of mafia boss. Don't cross Cal or you'll get whacked!

If she see the lights, does she see Cal walking towards it? Lol

Reactions: uk78
I am not sure why Tina gets particular praise when many of us traditional fans have been saying the same thing? I loved Cal when he was first here. He represented the program with enthusiasm, knew how to promote, talk, was fun, and had good teams. How does a coach with all that experience become so bad (and he is bad not the players)?

There are those who have what I consider simple answers, oh he just cares about the NBA draft (unlikely that is all he cares about); he doesn't care because he has a lifetime contract (that's possible but it may be more about there is no reason for him to change with that condition), he's too political (nonsense), he's this or that (many conjectures with no basis to really know).

For me, it seems more that he has a strong ego and the basketball world has passed him by. Change is very tough for some personalities. One thing that appears consistent is the way Cal has been coaching now for a number of years. No matter the personnel it is dribble drive, man to man defense, in game coaching mainly about substitutions to see if a combination will work or not, and favorites playing time regardless of on court performance.

His limitations appear all about ego. He doesn't have sitting on his bench a mentor like Larry Brown, or a coach that might be better than him. He doesn't have a Coach K. consulting with him between games, etc. This all reflects a type of personality that has difficulty with control issues. Control freaks are often insecure and limited in truly evolving and that sure seems to be the case here. I would love to say he will see the light but that is not the case with people having control issues. His giving up some control is the only possibility though to see a change while he remains as coach. But often these personalities do not see it and/or cannot do it.

She has supported Cal like no other. But she has finally realized he is tearing our “Gold Standard” program to shreds.
The more that see and discuss what is going on, the better. If this separation gets ugly, which it looks like it could, Cal is going to throw the fanbase squarely under the bus with the unreasonable expectations nonsense. The more the foundation is laid in the press, especially the national media, the more hollow his words will be.

Last edited:
Confirmation of my thoughts is his Negative Nellie comments. It's not him, it's us. Ego!
If someone I respect offers criticism of me ... I will certainly listen. If I can find nothing in a person to respect ... any criticism or commentary rings hollow. I have lost all respect for Calipari so when he calls BBN a bunch of BB Bennies or Negative Nellies ... I couldn't care less.

Most seen this 4 years ago, he only adds to the programs downward spiral on a daily basis anymore. I think BBN has had enough. I would hope that he would walk away after this season is over and it not be a messy divorce but it's simply not in him. He would burn the program to the ground before he ever admitted any fault. It's a shame really but when you have an ego like his and you become content, this is what happens. Go quietly away Calipari, I've had enough, BBN has had enough and deep down, you have had enough....it's time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT