ADVERTISEMENT

Article Rips Calipari

Hey Cal...UMass on line 1...take the call!!!

hgkxAqn.png

I haven’t. Just found it interesting to read what is essentially a cut and paste verbatim of this board. How anyone can read into what I said about the article’s uncanny similarity to this board is beyond me.
I’ve seen people call you a Duke fan several times. I’m starting to believe that. Crying about a board being unhappy after hitting historic lows… yeah that really makes a lot of sense

I’ve seen people call you a Duke fan several times. I’m starting to believe that. Crying about a board being unhappy after hitting historic lows… yeah that really makes a lot of sense
They called me that because there is an actual Duke fan on their board that comes here once in a while with almost the same handle. Nothing to do with my behavior. I freaking hate Duke.

Entire article is almost a direct cut and paste of this board’s comments over the last 3 years.

Tina, are you here?
If we are being honest with ourselves it hasn’t felt like KY basketball since Cal arrived. Oh sure that first year was fun as hell with the talent infusion and on court play, then the flameout, and mass exodus and entire brand new roster the following year. Most early years were successful but the majority of the last 9 have not been. It’s wash, rinse, repeat, every year with no continuity. It’s like we sold our soul to the devil and rode the highs that came with it now stuck asking ourselves what the hell did I do?

I think most all of the Pro-Cal fans are finally realizing that they might have been wrong.
They will point to injuries, Covid, being young, being old, non shooters and the referees, as why we lost the last few years.
This year it will be we were young and that we didn’t have our full team all year. And if we do have a full team, the excuse is that they didn’t play together enough to win. But I know one thing, Cal likes kid team and he hoped they can figure it out.

What parts were fictitious? Asking for author...

072a412db6dabf328e5cd0aa11bd7251.gif
Not fictitious as it's someone's opinion. Can't say someone's opinion is fact or fraud - if it hits home with them, then so be it.

Many people will say Cal sucks or Cal is awesome, but those are merely opinions, not fact. However, one can easily rationalize their opinions with FACTS. Example - right now it's pretty easy to factually support the Cal sucks opinion by looking at the horrific stats he's put up post-Wisconsin loss. I can't keep track of all of those that have appeared on this board, Twitter or sports talking heads, but the 48-40 against P5 teams (+Gonzaga) is one of the stunners. One or two wins in the NCAAT since 2019 is another. Not winning the SEC in several years is another. Losing as a 2 seed to a 15 seed is another. Multiple non-conference losses AT HOME in December. A degrading home court record. A horrible record against the top 25 (I think it's sub-.500).

I can't really find anything out there that supports "Cal is awesome", unless you cite his draft record or humanitarian efforts (because there's not much out there to support him being awesome when it comes to UK's basketball record), but again, if it's someone's opinion, let them have it. I won't mock them, call them out or argue with them, just like I don't argue politics - everyone is entitled to an opinion (even if wrong and not backed up by facts).

We'll see where we are in March. If this team makes a run Cal will look like a genius having coached such a young group.

If it's another disappointment in March I don't see how he survives.

It's really that simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wonky
"Then I had this reality check and realized my toughest night being a UK fan was realizing we are no longer Kentucky basketball as I know it."

Amen, sister. I miss Kentucky basketball. The only question left is how bad is the rebuild and rebrand going to be?
Agree with you and Tina. - I miss Kentucky basketball!

But, if you were around in 1988-89, it was the worst shape the program has ever been in my lifetime. There were comments like, will UK ever regain its status as a college basketball power. CM Newton picked the absolute best available to lead us out of the abyss in Rick Pitino and it did not take long.

Is there a “Pitino” out there today? Will our AD and administration find him?

CCC has definitely damaged the program, but it is not as bad as it was in the 1988-89 season. The star players left and these returning players beside Reggie Hanson had not really played prior to that season. As some were predicting that this team may not win a game all season, they went 14 and 14 and Big Blue Nation was so elated and loved these players and coaches. They were treated like they had won the National Championship. They are to this day one of my favorite UK teams. Big Blue Nation will support the next coach that proclaims proudly and loudly that he is here to put the program first and took the job only to work towards SEC regular, SEC tournament, and National Championships. If that is done, BBN will explode as Kentucky basketball will be back!

Hope this starts with the next season!

We'll see where we are in March. If this team makes a run Cal will look like a genius having coached such a young group.

If it's another disappointment in March I don't see how he survives.

It's really that simple.
If we can't perform in the rest of the SEC or SECT, we won't go far in the NCAAT.

If someone were to ask me TODAY how we'll do in the NCAAT, I'd say we're knocked out in the 2nd game (first weekend). Had you asked me 3 weeks ago and I would have said depending on the draw, E8 or possibly better.

Reactions: cal=8 and m080470
If we can't perform in the rest of the SEC or SECT, we won't go far in the NCAAT.

If someone were to ask me TODAY how we'll do in the NCAAT, I'd say we're knocked out in the 2nd game (first weekend). Had you asked me 3 weeks ago and I would have said depending on the draw, E8 or possibly better.
I hope we can get everyone healthy. I'm like you, I thought our ceiling was unlimited a month ago. Being disappointed with Ky Basketball is getting old but I still watch and hold out hope!

One things for sure, if our schedule in February doesn't toughin us up, nothing will.

Reactions: TheDude73
I hope we can get everyone healthy. I'm like you, I thought our ceiling was unlimited a month ago. Being disappointed with Ky Basketball is getting old but I still watch and hold out hope!

One things for sure, if our schedule in February doesn't toughin us up, nothing will.
I just don't want to be "toughened up" by ass whippings. We need hard fought or even easy wins. The fanbase needs an undefeated February.

1988-89 was.worse in the short term but when we watched that first Pitino team play it's heart out, you knew the future was bright. This has been much more agonizing because there is no end in sight. The last seven seasons have been record breaking in all-new lows, And every game every season that goes by, we are losing what made this program the greatest in all of college basketball and slipping further into irrelevance.

Reactions: IbnSaran
I just don't want to be "toughened up" by ass whippings. We need hard fought or even easy wins. The fanbase needs an undefeated February.
Amen to that! It starts tonight! These next two games are perfect to get Big Z some PT! Let's Go!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT