ADVERTISEMENT

The LEGEND of Coach Bear Brohm!

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Update: I’m not hiding. We’re beating them Saturday. They’re a respectable team, but I failed to predict the ACC would become a glorified mid-major this season. Louisville is #74 in ESPN’s Strength of Schedule. They’ve played 10 of 11 games against P5 teams and their schedule is that garbage. That’s hard to do. We’ve been bad, but we’re keeping what’s ours on Saturday. These boys ain’t nuthin!

We are winning against Louisville.

Kentucky at Louisville​

Louisville vs Kentucky is always a game that everyone circles on their calendars due to the history and magnitude of the rivalry. Recently, it’s been one-sided for Kentucky, with huge blowout victories over the Cardinals on numerous occasions and the first thing Jeff Brohm wants to do is take back the state. As someone who’s played in the rivalry game himself, he knows how much this game means to the entire city of Louisville and how bad it feels to lose to a rival. This recently one-sided rivalry is finally coming to an end this season and Jeff Brohm will defeat the Kentucky Wildcats in his first season as the head coach of Louisville.

Prediction: Louisville 34, Kentucky 28.

This season could be one of the best ones Louisville has had in a long time and if they play like how Coach Brohm expects them too, they will represent one side of the ACC in the conference championship.
11-1 is a great record for anyone, but Louisville is in every last one of these games and they could easily win each game we’ve predicted them to. We’ll get a better assessment on what this team is capable of after Friday night.

So that's their new thing. Bear Brohm UNDERSTANDS THE RIVALRY! HE WONT ALLOW THE GREAT LOUISVILLE TO LOSE ANY LONGER! Yet...the author doesn't realize we didn't start the Governor's Cup until 1994 and Jeff's last season was 1993. He never played against us ever.

Now he was an assistant under Bobby when they beat us a few times....but when he got promoted to OC....the ONLY TIME he called plays and had a significant role in the rivalry....it was 2008. He was SO BAD and it might have been the worst performance by an offense in the series history. They were shut out on offense. 5 turnovers. 2 Defensive TDs for the CATS. 46% completion for the Cards. He was so bad that year calling plays that Jurich and Kragthrope FIRED him.

So in honor of the greatest coach of all time, I wanted to give you all a trip down memory lane to the only time Jeff had a role in the Governor's Cup. Because...he UNDERSTANDS the rivalry and will NEVER lay an egg. I want our fans to make sure when the delusional U6 fans start their hypothetical trash talk "Aw well you can't count the last 5-6 years and Brohm is going to win so we have bragging rights!", remind them that he got smashed the last time he called plays. Yes he was OC for WKU against our 2-10 team...but didn't call plays...Bobby did. But he got embarrassed his last Governor's Cup.

Last edited:
I was getting ready to post this comedy gold. Granted, easiest schedule in college football, but this is just plain hilarious.
2023 game by game predictions - CardinalSports
Their schedule when they got their Sugar Bowl bid

-2-10 Kentucky
-3-8 Missouri State from the FCS
-8-4 UNC
-3-9 Florida International (They won 28-21)
-0-12 Southern Miss (They won 21-17)
-6-7 Pittsburgh
-3-9 South Florida (They won 27-25)
-10-3 Cincy (Cincy lost to TOLEDO the week before UofL)
-4-7 Temple
-8-5 Syracuse THEY LOST 26 to 45
-5-7 UCONN THEY LOST
-9-4 Rutgers (Rutgers lost to the Kent State team we blew out)

They had a 4-way tie and got an automatic berth in the BCS. WVU with Geno Smith had just left the conference. They didn't play a single team that was ranked or ended the season ranked that season. Credit for beating Florida.

Struggling to beat mid-major schools and a 4-way tie getting you a Sugar Bowl berth...which they did win to be fair...and then proclaiming they're an elite program compared to us because of that...heck the Fiesta Bowl they got they didn't really earn....Arizona didn't honor MLK day and most every legit team turned it down.

But them bragging "LOL we got to da BCS and yew didn't!" when so many times we could've run through a schedule like that...imagine our 2007 team with Woodson in the Big Least? Imagine 2018 with that 2012 Louisville schedule lol.

They've had good teams don't get me wrong...but that's what they don't get about the SEC. Teams like Tennessee may go 7-5 or USCjr or Mizzou....but they would've run through a Big Least schedule. Those teams have talent...and play other teams with top talent...doesn't inflate their record.

Louisville since coming to the ACC
2014: 9-4 When they had the 3rd most NFL draft picks on their roster..ran by UGA in the bowl
2015: 8-5
2016: 9-4 with Lamar Jackson
2017: 8-5 with Lamar Jackson
2018: 2-10
2019: 8-5
2020: 4-7
2021: 6-7
2022: 8-5

They would've had 10-11 win seasons from 2014-2017 with the historic talent in the Big Least...but they're seeing it's not as easy. That's why our 8-5 and 10-3 win seasons are bigger...because we know we played a tough schedule.

And that's against ACC teams...not exactly SEC but a step up from Big Least. They expect to be a 10 win team and acted like Satterthorpe was the issue. He did a great job rebuilding. They went 9-4 with generational levels of talent against an ACC schedule. They aren't even playing amazing teams...CLemson/FSU have talent...FSU has been down, then they play UVA, Boston College, NC State, Wake Forrest, Syracuse...their divisional opponents are Miami, VT, Pitt, UNC, Duke, & GT. That's tougher than the Big Least...and they're seeing why playing tougher teams every year is harder...but they're delusional enough to believe they should be up there with Clemson/FSU.

The U of L poster quoted, above, quickly exposes his ignorance of college football, as is so common among Card fans:

“Louisville vs Kentucky is always a game that everyone circles on their calendars due to the history and magnitude of the rivalry.”

Given that we have never met with both teams ranked, our game with U of L has never been widely accepted as a significant event.

A majority of our games since 1994 have featured at least one team who would finish with a losing record.

But this is the typical over-inflated, ego-centric nature of our fine-feathered friends.

They are typically devoid of any broad or in-depth knowledge of the actual sport of college football.

Hey, I’m a Cat fan, hope we make the playoffs, play on New Year’s Day, etc., but I know enough about college ball not to claim the Governor’s Cup as a nationally significant rivalry!

Last edited:
Election 2020 Lol GIF by Joe Biden

Their schedule when they got their Sugar Bowl bid

-2-10 Kentucky
-3-8 Missouri State from the FCS
-8-4 UNC
-3-9 Florida International (They won 28-21)
-0-12 Southern Miss (They won 21-17)
-6-7 Pittsburgh
-3-9 South Florida (They won 27-25)
-10-3 Cincy (Cincy lost to TOLEDO the week before UofL)
-4-7 Temple
-8-5 Syracuse THEY LOST 26 to 45
-5-7 UCONN THEY LOST
-9-4 Rutgers (Rutgers lost to the Kent State team we blew out)

They had a 4-way tie and got an automatic berth in the BCS. WVU with Geno Smith had just left the conference. They didn't play a single team that was ranked or ended the season ranked that season. Credit for beating Florida.

Struggling to beat mid-major schools and a 4-way tie getting you a Sugar Bowl berth...which they did win to be fair...and then proclaiming they're an elite program compared to us because of that...heck the Fiesta Bowl they got they didn't really earn....Arizona didn't honor MLK day and most every legit team turned it down.

But them bragging "LOL we got to da BCS and yew didn't!" when so many times we could've run through a schedule like that...imagine our 2007 team with Woodson in the Big Least? Imagine 2018 with that 2012 Louisville schedule lol.

They've had good teams don't get me wrong...but that's what they don't get about the SEC. Teams like Tennessee may go 7-5 or USCjr or Mizzou....but they would've run through a Big Least schedule. Those teams have talent...and play other teams with top talent...doesn't inflate their record.

Louisville since coming to the ACC
2014: 9-4 When they had the 3rd most NFL draft picks on their roster..ran by UGA in the bowl
2015: 8-5
2016: 9-4 with Lamar Jackson
2017: 8-5 with Lamar Jackson
2018: 2-10
2019: 8-5
2020: 4-7
2021: 6-7
2022: 8-5

They would've had 10-11 win seasons from 2014-2017 with the historic talent in the Big Least...but they're seeing it's not as easy. That's why our 8-5 and 10-3 win seasons are bigger...because we know we played a tough schedule.

And that's against ACC teams...not exactly SEC but a step up from Big Least. They expect to be a 10 win team and acted like Satterthorpe was the issue. He did a great job rebuilding. They went 9-4 with generational levels of talent against an ACC schedule. They aren't even playing amazing teams...CLemson/FSU have talent...FSU has been down, then they play UVA, Boston College, NC State, Wake Forrest, Syracuse...their divisional opponents are Miami, VT, Pitt, UNC, Duke, & GT. That's tougher than the Big Least...and they're seeing why playing tougher teams every year is harder...but they're delusional enough to believe they should be up there with Clemson/FSU.

On your sugar bowl year, you left off 11-1 Florida

On your sugar bowl year, you left off 11-1 Florida
Well I did mention the game in there, I know you Cards fans are challenged and it will be hard to find but I can show you.

And complexity would be even harder…but the point is that you brag about BCS Bowl berths and how it makes you a legit program. Yet you don’t bring up that you got it by winning a league that Kentucky could’ve easily won a few times.

“haha you UK fans think your cool when you’re just celebrating being in the middle of the SEC as success. Us Cards fans, we celebrate Big East titles! We would’ve had multiple SEC titles and trips to Atlanta. The Big East was soooo much better!”

So this UofL writer for RIVALS has predicted the great Jeff Brohm to lead his team to an 11-1 record...with only a narrow loss to Notre Dame. Their playoff hopes are alive and the country is on notice. They're going to beat us too.

https://louisville.rivals.com/news/2023-game-by-game-predictions

So that's their new thing. Bear Brohm UNDERSTANDS THE RIVALRY! HE WONT ALLOW THE GREAT LOUISVILLE TO LOSE ANY LONGER! Yet...the author doesn't realize we didn't start the Governor's Cup until 1994 and Jeff's last season was 1993. He never played against us ever.

Now he was an assistant under Bobby when they beat us a few times....but when he got promoted to OC....the ONLY TIME he called plays and had a significant role in the rivalry....it was 2008. He was SO BAD and it might have been the worst performance by an offense in the series history. They were shut out on offense. 5 turnovers. 2 Defensive TDs for the CATS. 46% completion for the Cards. He was so bad that year calling plays that Jurich and Kragthrope FIRED him.

So in honor of the greatest coach of all time, I wanted to give you all a trip down memory lane to the only time Jeff had a role in the Governor's Cup. Because...he UNDERSTANDS the rivalry and will NEVER lay an egg. I want our fans to make sure when the delusional U6 fans start their hypothetical trash talk "Aw well you can't count the last 5-6 years and Brohm is going to win so we have bragging rights!", remind them that he got smashed the last time he called plays. Yes he was OC for WKU against our 2-10 team...but didn't call plays...Bobby did. But he got embarrassed his last Governor's Cup.

He must think the opposing teams are going to get Covid just before game time.

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Well I did mention the game in there, I know you Cards fans are challenged and it will be hard to find but I can show you.

And complexity would be even harder…but the point is that you brag about BCS Bowl berths and how it makes you a legit program. Yet you don’t bring up that you got it by winning a league that Kentucky could’ve easily won a few times.

“haha you UK fans think your cool when you’re just celebrating being in the middle of the SEC as success. Us Cards fans, we celebrate Big East titles! We would’ve had multiple SEC titles and trips to Atlanta. The Big East was soooo much better!”
I didn’t read your whole post, just the schedule part of it because you see things differently than I, and that’s ok.

I didn’t read your whole post, just the schedule part of it because you see things differently than I, and that’s ok.
But hey, I do respect you coming, but you know there's gonna be trash talk. All fun in the rivalry. I don't think you all are evil people. I even miss my man Zipp since I've been banned.

Reactions: rockycard
But hey, I do respect you coming, but you know there's gonna be trash talk. All fun in the rivalry. I don't think you all are evil people. I even miss my man Zipp since I've been banned.
Is there anyone who has not been banned from their site?? I posted facts. Just replied to a post saying they were going to trounce us last year with the scores from the last 3 games. Perma ban. Lol

Reactions: CB3UK
Is there anyone who has not been banned from their site?? I posted facts. Just replied to a post saying they were going to trounce us last year with the scores from the last 3 games. Perma ban. Lol
I think someone told me Zipp's original account was banned and he had to make a new one.

I wasn't banned for any reason. @Steelers2012 was always fair and made it clear what my limits were, I know some didn't like Steelers but he at least gave warnings and clarified. The new girl just came in and banned everyone UK related in a rage.

Reactions: hmt5000
I think someone told me Zipp's original account was banned and he had to make a new one.

I wasn't banned for any reason. @Steelers2012 was always fair and made it clear what my limits were, I know some didn't like Steelers but he at least gave warnings and clarified. The new girl just came in and banned everyone UK related in a rage.
Actually I kind of understand it. I hate it when UT fans especially come over here to defend their behavior. Even Grumpy ticks me off at times. He was a good poster over here until their rise to stardom. Now he’s condescending and a COMPLETE UGA homer. They could have 30 kids arrested in a weekend and he still be spewing sunshine and Kirby Ass. Let’s never lose our objectivity BBN. At least most of BBN. Stoops is fair but stern. . He’s not going to burn down a guys house n send him packing for a first DUI but he will be suspended 4 games even if it’s our QB and we are playing Alabama. It’s just who he is and that’s what I want from my head coach. If someone hits a woman. He gone. That’s also what I expect.

Last edited:
2 things.

1. Louisville's schedule is laughably bad. The ACC is a joke overall anyway, but they also avoid Clemson, FSU, and Wake. So even if the best case scenario happens for them (a narrow loss to Notre Dame and injuries plague us to the point that they beat us), and they finish 11-1, that doesn't even really indicate that they are good.

2. They aren't going 11-1. Their TE's are weak (our former QB reject Joey Gatewood is expected to play significant snaps at TE this season for them), their QB Plummer is a huge question mark, they had a mass exodus at their skill positions, and their defense outside of a couple of key players is suspect at best.

I have no doubt that Brohm will ultimately create a much more competitive program than Satterfield, but this year ain't it for them.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Same happened to me.

What are you trying accomplish posting this nonsense here? Are you trying help your beloved program with views? Attempting to elicit responses from us? Do you actually think anyone here is going to watch it ? You bird fans are a special breed.
Had to check who you were talking to. Put he/she on ignore. Saves a lot of time

What are you trying accomplish posting this nonsense here? Are you trying help your beloved program with views? Attempting to elicit responses from us? Do you actually think anyone here is going to watch it ? You bird fans are a special breed.
Look at the thread title. It is an invitation to discuss Jeff Brohm the HC at UofL.

The first video deals directly with Jeff Brohm's return to UofL as the HC.

The second video has a voice over from Coach Howard Schnellenberger. CHS coached Jeff Brohm at UofL and directly influenced his coaching resume.

I only contribute to threads that discuss UofL sports.

• Haha
Reactions: C*A*T*S
AWW Steelers2012 empty nut sack roaming around, after he perma bans others from 7's site for many years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT