ADVERTISEMENT

The LEGEND of Coach Bear Brohm!

I know we hate Florida fans but I used to work with one who always said UK fans were knowledgeable while Louisville fans were completely out of touch with their football program. That hasn't changed and will get worse with Brohm now there. But as others have said (and Drew on KSR this week), Louisville's schedule is so lame they'll probably go 9-3 even with a suspect qb and defense, will end up a 1.5 fav over us, and we'll beat them by double digits again. Rise/repeat. Vegas and the media always like them and will love the hometown boy comes home story too. But yeah, bottom line is they weren't impressive last night at all.

That @Indiana game isn’t looking like a gimme now. Either Ohio state is considerably over ranked or Indiana has a pretty good defense.

The bottom line for us us that we can't take that game for granted. We have to play that game like we're playing an upper tier SEC school. We need to play every game like that, but we have yet to see a season played that way.

We still could lose a game we shouldn't, and they're every bit as talented as Ball State or Vandy, and we lost to Vandy last season at home. I would really like to see us put together a complete season this season and going forward. No more let ups. No more slow starts or excuses

• Haha
Reactions: Lamar Card
2 more gems from the Louisville board...

BigeasyCard
Posted on 4 hrs, , User Since 249 months ago, User Post Count: 2947
4 hrs
249 months
Ulayk sizes up pretty well with Ball State, oline and dline both looked pretty equal, all I am going to say is both teams looked smaller and less athletic than GT

CARDINALSFOOTBALL
Posted on 4 hrs, , User Since 143 months ago, User Post Count: 6321
4 hrs
143 months
BigeasyCard said... (original post) Ulayk sizes up pretty well with Ball State, oline and dline both looked pretty equal, all I am going to say is both teams looked smaller and le...

show more

GT would have rolled UK

So this UofL writer for RIVALS has predicted the great Jeff Brohm to lead his team to an 11-1 record...with only a narrow loss to Notre Dame. Their playoff hopes are alive and the country is on notice. They're going to beat us too.

https://louisville.rivals.com/news/2023-game-by-game-predictions

So that's their new thing. Bear Brohm UNDERSTANDS THE RIVALRY! HE WONT ALLOW THE GREAT LOUISVILLE TO LOSE ANY LONGER! Yet...the author doesn't realize we didn't start the Governor's Cup until 1994 and Jeff's last season was 1993. He never played against us ever.

Now he was an assistant under Bobby when they beat us a few times....but when he got promoted to OC....the ONLY TIME he called plays and had a significant role in the rivalry....it was 2008. He was SO BAD and it might have been the worst performance by an offense in the series history. They were shut out on offense. 5 turnovers. 2 Defensive TDs for the CATS. 46% completion for the Cards. He was so bad that year calling plays that Jurich and Kragthrope FIRED him.

So in honor of the greatest coach of all time, I wanted to give you all a trip down memory lane to the only time Jeff had a role in the Governor's Cup. Because...he UNDERSTANDS the rivalry and will NEVER lay an egg. I want our fans to make sure when the delusional U6 fans start their hypothetical trash talk "Aw well you can't count the last 5-6 years and Brohm is going to win so we have bragging rights!", remind them that he got smashed the last time he called plays. Yes he was OC for WKU against our 2-10 team...but didn't call plays...Bobby did. But he got embarrassed his last Governor's Cup.

This thread did not age very well. You should probably delete it.

This is an embarrassing thread considering the EGG we laid this season. Hats off to them, they took a very easy schedule and played thru it. Congratulations to them. I don’t think they scare anybody else in the top 10 though. In the playoff they won’t get a home game and will be dusted in the 1st round. We will never achieve that in my lifetime especially with Oklahoma and Texas coming in next year.

Interesting thread. From the win talk to the SOS talk. I’m sure there are many of these types of threads annually on here. But, doubt any of them have ever turned out this bad.

Looking forward to a good game on Saturday.

LMAO ole rocky holding little peter in hand hoping to bump. Good for you, I truly had no clue just how bad the acc was.

Congrats.
He should be banned for bumping this thread. He picked UL to beat UK the last 2 or 3 years in the game prediction threads! Need to pull them up and bump them.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He should be banned for bumping this thread. He picked UL to beat UK the last 2 or 3 years in the game prediction threads! Need to pull them up and bump them.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
No brother let him bump.

This isn't the 7's site were they ban us, we can handle it, I was wrong let him have his moment. They don't have much else to live for.

• Haha
Reactions: Dockery_
So this UofL writer for RIVALS has predicted the great Jeff Brohm to lead his team to an 11-1 record...with only a narrow loss to Notre Dame. Their playoff hopes are alive and the country is on notice. They're going to beat us too.

https://louisville.rivals.com/news/2023-game-by-game-predictions

So that's their new thing. Bear Brohm UNDERSTANDS THE RIVALRY! HE WONT ALLOW THE GREAT LOUISVILLE TO LOSE ANY LONGER! Yet...the author doesn't realize we didn't start the Governor's Cup until 1994 and Jeff's last season was 1993. He never played against us ever.

Now he was an assistant under Bobby when they beat us a few times....but when he got promoted to OC....the ONLY TIME he called plays and had a significant role in the rivalry....it was 2008. He was SO BAD and it might have been the worst performance by an offense in the series history. They were shut out on offense. 5 turnovers. 2 Defensive TDs for the CATS. 46% completion for the Cards. He was so bad that year calling plays that Jurich and Kragthrope FIRED him.

So in honor of the greatest coach of all time, I wanted to give you all a trip down memory lane to the only time Jeff had a role in the Governor's Cup. Because...he UNDERSTANDS the rivalry and will NEVER lay an egg. I want our fans to make sure when the delusional U6 fans start their hypothetical trash talk "Aw well you can't count the last 5-6 years and Brohm is going to win so we have bragging rights!", remind them that he got smashed the last time he called plays. Yes he was OC for WKU against our 2-10 team...but didn't call plays...Bobby did. But he got embarrassed his last Governor's Cup.

What were you saying? 😂😂😂

Reactions: atiba
I think it comes down to our weight advantage on the lines. If we control both lines of scrimmage we win

Didn’t realize the ACC would be more like the AAC with that weak *ss schedule. The fact that Jack Plummer is a top 3-4 QB in that league is all that needs to be said.

I respect your season. You all, UNLV, Tulane, and Liberty all have had impressive seasons for a mid-major.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the ACC have a winning edge vs SEC so far this year?

Didn’t realize the ACC would be more like the AAC with that weak *ss schedule. The fact that Jack Plummer is a top 3-4 QB in that league is all that needs to be said.

I respect your season. You all, UNLV, Tulane, and Liberty all have had impressive seasons for a mid-major.
Where does Leary stack up this year?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the ACC have a winning edge vs SEC so far this year?
Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech were competing for the #2 spot in the ACC title game. Don’t come at me with some Wake Forest vs Vandy game.

The ASSCC ain’t nuthin

I have seen Leary's 2023 performance completely shredded on this site, you are the first poster to suggest it was conference related.
I don’t post on the free boards much.

Tavion Robinson and Leary on our team were 2 of the more talented ASSCC players….not as great in the SEC.

I’m not saying Kentucky is way better or that it’s a big gap. I’m saying that Kentucky would be 9-2 at worst against Louisville’s schedule.

Louisville would be something like 7-4 with Kentucky’s schedule. Which would be respectable. But the ACC is trash this year.

Tavion Robinson and Leary on our team were 2 of the more talented ASSCC players….not as great in the SEC.

I’m not saying Kentucky is way better or that it’s a big gap. I’m saying that Kentucky would be 9-2 at worst against Louisville’s schedule.

Louisville would be something like 7-4 with Kentucky’s schedule. Which would be respectable. But the ACC is trash this year.
I looked up TR stats. They are very similar in a year by year comparison. There is no significant drop off in performance this year.

RECYDSAVGTDLNGCARYDSAVGTDLNGFUMLST

Last edited:

Leary didn’t exactly set the world on fire in games against non-SEC teams this year.

Leary was injured early in 2022. Who knows how much his performance was impacted by the injury or operating in a different offensive scheme with different coaching staff. You may also want to consider that posters on this site haven't been very complimentary of the offensive line this year.

Leary was injured early in 2022. Who knows how much his performance was impacted by the injury or operating in a different offensive scheme with different coaching staff. You may also want to consider that posters on this site haven't been very complimentary of the offensive line this year.
Idc.

I don’t read Wildcat Lair much.

I actually just posted this thread as bait because Louisville fans would see it to engage discussion. I actually was banned on your site and generally was always civil. The mod that took over after Steelers pretty much said no UK fans.

I love going back and forth with Louisville fans in a fun trash talking way, your board got taken hostage by an angry mod and Zipp. Although part of me liked Zipp

Idc.

I don’t read Wildcat Lair much.

I actually just posted this thread as bait because Louisville fans would see it to engage discussion. I actually was banned on your site and generally was always civil. The mod that took over after Steelers pretty much said no UK fans.

I love going back and forth with Louisville fans in a fun trash talking way, your board got taken hostage by an angry mod and Zipp. Although part of me liked Zipp
Not sure I understand your point about baiting as this thread was started on Aug 29.

I don't post on the UofL Rivals site. I post on the UofL 247Sports site. Been posting on this site for four years with no issues. I rarely post on a thread that doesn't reference UofL in the title. I try to stick with facts and avoid trash talking.

Not sure I understand your point about baiting as this thread was started on Aug 29.

I don't post on the UofL Rivals site. I post on the UofL 247Sports site. Been posting on this site for four years with no issues. I rarely post on a thread that doesn't reference UofL in the title. I try to stick with facts and avoid trash talking.
I posted it back in August as bait.

You all can’t see the premium board, so if I post here it’s so Louisville fans can see it.

The ACC is 4-1 vs the SEC so far with 4 more ACC vs SEC games this weekend.

FSU beat LSU
UNC beat S. Carolina
Virginia lost to Tennessee
Miami beat A&M
Wake beat Vandy

All of the above games were decided by 2 touchdowns or more.

On deck are
Kentucky @ Louisville
Clemson @ South Carolina
Georgia @ Georgia Tech
FSU @ Florida

I think the ACC goes 3-1 in those game to finish the year at 7-2 vs the SEC

Reactions: cardfan16
Vandy, Miss St, USC jr, and Arkansas would all be bowl eligible if they played UL's high school schedule.
As a UK fan, I don't like hypocrisy. We are an underdog against UL. We've lost to two teams we were favored over, at least with early lines. We are a dog at Louisville. We need to either beat them, or shut the **** up. As a fan base, we run our mouths, me included, but they've beaten teams they should have this year and we have not. Say they were weaker teams, that is fine. But Saturday, we will find out which team is better. Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT