ADVERTISEMENT

The LEGEND of Coach Bear Brohm!

The ACC is 4-1 vs the SEC so far with 4 more ACC vs SEC games this weekend.

FSU beat LSU
UNC beat S. Carolina
Virginia lost to Tennessee
Miami beat A&M
Wake beat Vandy

All of the above games were decided by 2 touchdowns or more.

On deck are
Kentucky @ Louisville
Clemson @ South Carolina
Georgia @ Georgia Tech
FSU @ Florida

I think the ACC goes 3-1 in those game to finish the year at 7-2 vs the SEC
FSU, the best ACC team, beat the 5th best SEC team.

Lower half ACC team in Miami beats lower half SEC in Texas A&M

UNC is probably the 3rd best ACC team in terms of talent…beat a bottom SEC team in South Carolina.

And the worst ACC team in Wake beat the worst SEC team in Vandy.

That’s a real great way to judge differences…Saturday the #3 ACC team in Georgia Tech faces the #1 SEC team in UGA…

And let’s see the others…FSU Louisville and Clemson are the 3 top ACC teams facing Kentucky Florida and SC…3 of the bottom SEC teams.

I mean on paper if it’s 2 even conferences…you’d expect those top teams to just be head and shoulders better. The fact is…maybe you all are better than us Saturday? But it won’t be by much…you’ll be narrowly ahead of a 6-6 Kentucky team and playing for a conference title. What a joke of a league.

As a UK fan, I don't like hypocrisy. We are an underdog against UL. We've lost to two teams we were favored over, at least with early lines. We are a dog at Louisville. We need to either beat them, or shut the **** up. As a fan base, we run our mouths, me included, but they've beaten teams they should have this year and we have not. Say they were weaker teams, that is fine. But Saturday, we will find out which team is better. Go Cats.
When you beat the dog sh*t out of a team 5 out of the last 6 times you play…you can talk crap. What’s the point of keeping score in games if you just give it up and let them talk when we’ve owned their butts for the last 5 years?

Maybe they win? But until they do? So what.

Last year they were ranked #25 coming into the game. We were on a 2 game losing streak that included a loss to Vandy…we still ate them.

I know…Brohm is different…but don’t you wonder why in 2022 Louisville coached by Satterdork was able to be ranked…it’s because the ACC was burr.

2016 we entered the game 6-5….lost to Southern Miss. They had Lamar Jackson and an Orange Bowl on the line…yet we beat them. I think we will see that we will be ready for them…we may not win but we’ve seen better.

Missouri is on another level than them…Tennessee is better than them…Spencer Rattler was way tougher to defend than Jack Plummer. Of course that doesn’t mean we are great…but again they don’t really pass the eye test of some scary team…what’s special about them?

We can do this until the cows come home. As a practical matter, our team is not that good. In my lifetime, other than 1950 and 1976 we have not been in the conversation of national champion. UL was in it the year they lost to WVU or Rutgers, I don't remember which one, but we have not been in the conversation.

When you beat the dog sh*t out of a team 5 out of the last 6 times you play…you can talk crap. What’s the point of keeping score in games if you just give it up and let them talk when we’ve owned their butts for the last 5 years?

Last year they were ranked #25 coming into the game. We were on a 2 game losing streak that included a loss to Vandy…we still ate them.

I know…Brohm is different…but don’t you wonder why in 2022 Louisville coached by Satterdork was able to be ranked…it’s because the ACC was burr.

2016 we entered the game 6-5….lost to Southern Miss. They had Lamar Jackson and an Orange Bowl on the line…yet we beat them. I think we will see that we will be ready for them…we may not win but we’ve seen better.

Missouri is on another level than them…Tennessee is better than them…Spencer Rattler was way tougher to defend than Jack Plummer. Of course that doesn’t mean we are great…but again they don’t really pass the eye test of some scary team…what’s special about them?
I agree. We can, and probably should beat them. We have better players. The thing that scares me is our defensive secondary. But, we can win. Probably should. But our fans saying they suck because of their schedule are being naïve. My prediction is that if we keep it close in the first quarter, we can win. If UL gets an early lead, we get blown out. Go Cats.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

Yeah UK has won 5/6 but the 2016 game was a 3 point win so that’s not really beating the dog sh!T out of a team. Plus had Jackson not fumbled at the UK 9 yard line the game more than likely would have had a different outcome. The 2018 game congrats you beat a team that had lost 8 straight and the coach had already been fired. Plus we lost 6 games that year by 4 touch downs or more. Last year Cunningham played hurt most of the game although he never played well vs UK.

In the series each team has gone on streaks like from 2011-2017 Louisville won 6 out of 7. UK had won 4 straight from 2007-2010. Before that Louisville had won 7 of 8. So I’d the pattern continues it’s time for Louisville to go on a streak of wins. I do think the coaches are more evenly matched right now than any other time in the past. Cause the streaks seem to follow each teams down years under different coaches.

F
Thank you. It has provided some lively discussion.
For many reasons, I wish Kentucky had won 2 or 3 more than we have.

It would have been a much more interesting matchup if both teams had a national ranking.

As it is, again, this is a back burner game, aired at 9:00 am on the Left Coast, hidden as far as possible from prime time.

Yet, I’m sure there are some (especially Card fans) who think this is a “Big Time” game in the National Eye!?!?!?!

“Everyone tunes into this game with anticipation . . . .”

Yeah, everyone in Hardinsburg does (except the UT transplants on 5th Street, and the Mormon family on Miller Avenue, trying to fix their satellite service to pick up BYU vs. Utah - - - - or as known out West,, Zebediah vs. Nehemiah).

Yet, again, with one participant at 6 wins (or fewer) go 5 miles north of the Mason Dixon Line (for the Card fans, that is the Ohio River . . . . yes, the same Ohio River the Second Street Bridge crosses into Indiana), and just that far to the north, it’ll all be IU/Purdue, or whoever else those bastards play on Saturday.

And this year it was Kentucky that provided enough suck to suction any real interest from the game.

Hence it is up to Kentucky to produce any real competition for those who do tune in.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggercatfan
F

For many reasons, I wish Kentucky had won 2 or 3 more than we have.

It would have been a much more interesting matchup if both teams had a national ranking.

As it is, again, this is a back burner game, aired at 9:00 am on the Left Coast, hidden as far as possible from prime time.

Yet, I’m sure there are some (especially Card fans) who think this is a “Big Time” game in the National Eye!?!?!?!

“Everyone tunes into this game with anticipation . . . .”

Yeah, everyone in Hardinsburg does (except the UT transplants on 5th Street, and the Mormon family on Miller Avenue, trying to fix their satellite service to pick up BYU vs. Utah - - - - or as known out West,, Zebediah vs. Nehemiah).

Yet, again, with one participant at 6 wins (or fewer) go 5 miles north of the Mason Dixon Line (for the Card fans, that is the Ohio River . . . . yes, the same Ohio River the Second Street Bridge crosses into Indiana), and just that far to the north, it’ll all be IU/Purdue, or whoever else those bastards play on Saturday.

And this year it was Kentucky that provided enough suck to suction any real interest from the game.

Hence it is up to Kentucky to produce any real competition for those who do tune in.
Most eyes will be on the Ohio St/ Michigan game on Fox at Noon. Some may tune into the LSU/A&M game on ESPN at Noon.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
3648e4e67a1e5fd04f3b8e40363c6422_w200.gif

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Five wins in a row. We beat them in Lexington. We beat them in Louisville. We beat them when they had a Heisman Trophy winner. We beat them when they are media darlings. We beat them when they were being crowned prematurely as the ACC champs.

All season, I kept saying forget about Jeff Brohm. Some people here just misread the reality of the situation because ACC football is really weak. Know who is really crushed today? Nick Roush. He was sure the jailbirds had this one.

Five wins in a row. We beat them in Lexington. We beat them in Louisville. We beat them when they had a Heisman Trophy winner. We beat them when they are media darlings. We beat them when they were being crowned prematurely as the ACC champs.

All season, I kept saying forget about Jeff Brohm. Some people here just misread the reality of the situation because ACC football is really weak. Know who is really crushed today? Nick Roush. He was sure the jailbirds had this one.
That first paragraph! 👍

Lol, y’all had zero penalties called against you with the sec refs, you had a special team’s return, yet you really didn’t win anything other then the final score which is the most important. Don’t make it more than that. Y’all won your superbowl

Lol, y’all had zero penalties called against you with the sec refs, you had a special team’s return, yet you really didn’t win anything other then the final score which is the most important. Don’t make it more than that. Y’all won your superbowl
Didn't y'all have a few good returns, a gift by Leary and still couldn't win. It's not our Superbowl. We're supposed to beat Lil Brother

That’s BS and you know it. You and about 5-10 other UL fans stay active just playing nice. You’re obviously pissed which shows your true colors. ONE UL regular has been classy today. The rest are MIA. Wonder why ?

That’s BS and you know it. You and about 5-10 other UL fans stay active just playing nice. You’re obviously pissed which shows your true colors. ONE UL regular has been classy today. The rest are MIA. Wonder why ?
I stopped by to say congrats. The first post I read is from a poster I do not recognize. So I scrolled through this thread and sure enough this is your first post in this thread. LOL.

Congrats to your team and fans. Best of luck in your bowl game.

Reactions: ktbug and catben
Bear deez nuts Loserville! I bathe in your younger fans tears tonight! It hurts so bad dont it?.
Weez was going to the playoffs..... Lmfao

LMFAO DAMN rocky the ass hurt is stinging bad with that bullshit. WOW it sucks being an 7's fan.

Reactions: UKortho
Unless I'm mistaken we've won what, 5 straight Super Bowls now? 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nahhhhhh we ain’t playing that stuff. Your coach called it your Super Bowl.

We won the game. 6 out of 7. Stoops has beaten 4 different Louisville coaches…Brohm as a play caller is 0-2 in the Governor’s Cup. But tell me how “he understands the rivalry and it’s different!”

Little League World Series. Congrats on joining programs like Boston College, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Pitt on going to the Little League World Series known as the ACC title.

Cry me a river lol.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
That was like losing to Vanderbilt
Why don't you worry about beating Pitt, before you think you can compete in this game.

Is dogwater ACC even considered power 5 at this point.

Again...duke is your best conference win. And your leagues best team is currently being handled by a 5 win Florida. Lolololol Lolololol Lolololol

UL, the pathetic commuter school in “The Ville”, got Brohmthorped. You birds with teeth fans should know your place. UK owns you in football. UK owns you in basketball. Neither one of things is opinion- it’s fact.

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT