ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Beshear - Not a fan of Science

Yeah, back to the solutions.

Obviously, 100% transparency on numbers. Which Kentucky is about the worst in the country on this.

1. Re-open all schools with OPTION of virtual learning. Work with surrounding states to pair at risk teachers with virtual students regardless of district. Would require a validation waiver for students to use the bus. Save those for single parents only. Separate schools in to cohorts. Use empty conference centers in hotels, etc for classrooms that couldn't meet distancing requirements.

THEN

2. Stop testing asymptomatic people unless they were visiting at risk family.

3. Move to almost exclusive antigen rapid testing. Verify positives with lab tests. I would find as many rapid tests as I could acquire and distribute them to prisons and long term care facilities. Family would test on entry and visit with patients in a designated negative pressure area that government subsidized. We're testing thousands of citizens and can't even get LTC facilities tested frequently. The fact KY hasn't slowed Long Term Care outbreaks and deaths goes to show their level of competence with this.

4. Scrap contact tracers and shift to census and reporting for infections. Work on large scale antibody testing. Require a digital survey for found infections, with list of close contacts. People should be more apt to comply with digital than a phone call. Also, less stress about getting others quarantined.

5. With that data determine what are high risks areas. If restaurants are, require an HVAC company to certify (x) number of air changes in the building, open windows are cheap and effective, and theoretically reduce capacity to 50%. Adequate spacing between tables and no bar area standing. Same with bars. No restrictions on hours, that's ridiculous. Again, I would need to see proof these are drivers of infection.

6. Encourage people to work out, take vitamins C/D/Zinc, improve diet and lose weight. Gyms would need similar certification from HVAC companies with suggestions on air changes. Then encourage then to stay within their network of common people and eliminate expanding it. So basically cohort ourselves. If you're going out of it to see at risk, get a rapid test on the way.

7. Adjust our stupid zone system to common sense. So a county isn't on red after 12 positives.

We're(Ky) just more concerned about catching every single infection than fighting the virus on a large scale. Forrest/ Trees.

My last post over here, sticking to the bigsexycat thread. One is plenty for me.

You just qualified to be on the panel. Shit. You might be the panel.

Reactions: anthonys735
I’d respond to everyone but I have a job... believe it or not.

Gonna take the @80 Proof route to buy me a few hours...

If you disagree with me, you’re a blathering idiot

I’d respond to everyone but I have a job... believe it or not.

Gonna take the @80 Proof route to buy me a few hours...

If you disagree with me, you’re a blathering idiot
You aren't an idiot for disagreeing with me.

You are an idiot for refusing to acknowledge facts, failing to bring any facts of your own to back up the assertions you've made, tripping over multiple double standards in this thread alone, and simply regurgitating party line rhetoric.

A lot of smart people disagree with me. You are definitely not one of them.

You aren't an idiot for disagreeing with me.

You are an idiot for refusing to acknowledge facts, failing to bring any facts of your own to back up the assertions you've made, tripping over multiple double standards in this thread alone, and simply regurgitating party line rhetoric.

A lot of smart people disagree with me. You are definitely not one of them.

I gave you another shot and you failed again. I want you to redeem yourself @80 Proof. I’m rooting for you. Give it a ponder. Will check back in a bit.

I gave you another shot and you failed again. I want you to redeem yourself @80 Proof. I’m rooting for you. Give it a ponder. Will check back in a bit.
Tuck tail and run. We know you won't admit you got mopped in this thread by a dozen different posters.

Data entry is definitely a good job for someone who can't express an original thought or back it up with a single fact.

Tuck tail and run. We know you won't admit you got mopped in this thread by a dozen different posters.

Data entry is definitely a good job for someone who can't express an original thought or back it up with a single fact.

Still waiting for an educated argument. Just try. Can’t insult your way out. I’ll check back in bit

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Still waiting for an educated argument. Just try. Can’t insult your way out. I’ll check back in bit

You keep asking for an educated argument from him. but we have yet to see one from you regarding schools.

Let's summarize.

A. Cases are on the rise.

B. It's been proven in multiple studies (it's the most studied setting on the planet) that schools are not the driver of surges. In fact, based on data in spain, they might actually help blunt the most severe surges.

C. The decision on restaurants, bars and Gyms is by definition "arbitrary". It may well help, but other logical "next steps" were not taken. For example, the actual enforcement of mask mandates, the limiting of crowds in retail establishments, etc... If you wonder why people have such a hard time following his arbitrary mandates it's because people have common sense and know when something doesn't make sense.

Black Friday, you'll see business as usual in walmart, but you can't go sit down for a meal in a restaurant? Makes no sense.

My "next step" would have been simple.

A. Limit restaurants and bars to 25%
B. Limit retail to one adult family member only
C. Require work from home for offices that can pull it off

See how that helps through the first week of December. THey pick up on trends within 10 days of an order being put out.

Let's be real though. This is a virus and it's close to winter. Much of the efforts to slow it are "pissing in the wind".

Here's my greatest worry in KY. We were the ABOSLUTE worst in the nation in rolling out testing. Andy botched it worse than any other governor in the country. We are also the absolute worst in terms of distributing unemployment and that is still a mess

What's that worry me for? Because we are going to have the FIX for this mess in about 30 days. The Vaccine. I'm terrified that Andy will
A. Just abjectly fail at distributing it causing a lot of the doses to be ruined.

Or.

B. He will play politics with it and send it to the places that supported him.

He's proven one thing through all this. He doesn't know his butt hole from apple butter when it comes to actually running the government and putting a plan together.

Last edited:
... I’m posting this because I think it’s funny....

They could at least try to make it look like they aren’t hiding data

Timely as they just now announced they are going back on lockdown as more covid was discovered. Of course it's ridiculous as it was there all along, even well before they acknowledged it last year

I’m sure being an island helps limit risk, but Australia implemented pretty strict lockdowns for last few months. It’s basically back to normal now. And their businesses are better off for it.

If you are an island and completely lock down while completely shut down incoming traffic, you can likely stop covid for a time. Problem is it shows up eventually because you can't just stay locked down for eternity.

The solution being proposed from the right in this thread, as much as I can ascertain, is that the government should do nothing to promote the idea of limiting social interactions.

If this is the case, what is the desired role of government in a pandemic?

I think government can promote whatever it wants. It just shouldn't be mandated. With very very rare exception. Individual choice should always carry the day. To put it in perspective, I can jump out of a plane but can't eat inside. It's asinine

At the very least any mandates should be consistent and backed by unassailable data. It's anything but.

Schools are repeatedly proven to not be an issue. In ky Andy intentionally doesn't contact trace bars/restaurants. So an entire segment of private business is being destroyed based on a whim.

Restaurants require 50-60% to break even on expenses. 25% does nothing except put the lid on the coffin without nailing it shut. Until someone shows solid evidence of rising case counts as a result of dining at restaurants, they should be open at 100%.

Two adults is fine. What you don't want is a family of 10 coming in from Hazard to make Black Friday the equivalent of their family vacation.

A requirement to work from home is not feasible, nor logical. Again, see above for restaurants. You must provide data that people are getting sick as a result of being in a specific place. Arbitrary rules and mandates w/o anything to measure is pointless.

If Andy had said there were X cases in Lexington the past two weeks at particular restaurants, then that is a start, or something to measure against. Normally, you would then implement counter measures to lower these numbers but keep them open. Nope...lockdowns. Now he has nothing to weigh any case reductions against. "If" the numbers get better, he will use this to support his arbitrary rule despite not having any evidence to support the original mandate.

You keep asking for an educated argument from him. but we have yet to see one from you regarding schools.

Let's summarize.

B. It's been proven in multiple studies (it's the most studied setting on the planet) that schools are not the driver of surges. In fact, based on data in spain, they might actually help blunt the most severe surges.

C. The decision on restaurants, bars and Gyms is by definition "arbitrary". It may well help, but other logical "next steps" were not taken. For example, the actual enforcement of mask mandates, the limiting of crowds in retail establishments, etc... If you wonder why people have such a hard time following his arbitrary mandates it's because people have common sense and know when something doesn't make sense.

Black Friday, you'll see business as usual in walmart, but you can't go sit down for a meal in a restaurant? Makes no sense.

See how that helps through the first week of December. THey pick up on trends within 10 days of an order being put out.

Let's be real though. This is a virus and it's close to winter. Much of the efforts to slow it are "pissing in the wind".

Here's my greatest worry in KY. We were the ABOSLUTE worst in the nation in rolling out testing. Andy botched it worse than any other governor in the country. We are also the absolute worst in terms of distributing unemployment and that is still a mess

What's that worry me for? Because we are going to have the FIX for this mess in about 30 days. The Vaccine. I'm terrified that Andy will
A. Just abjectly fail at distributing it causing a lot of the doses to be ruined.

Or.

He's proven one thing through all this. He doesn't know his butt hole from apple butter when it comes to actually running the government and putting a plan together.
You don’t see an argument against opening schools from me because I don’t necessarily disagree. You are correct that many studies corroborate your position.

At the same time, I understand why they would close them the holidays and I seriously feel for administrators. Incredibly tough position to be in.

Thats really Is as strong of a decision that I’m going to state. I do disagree with your labeling of anti science. I think that’s a bit fickle.

Hidden in that thread of tweets is this gem I see alot: this virus caused these losses.

Absolutely not. Whether you agree with them or not, the lockdowns caused all this. Without lockdown, people would be making their own choices with the known threats. Thats proven in the absent of lockdown.

So no these petty tyrants don't get to project the results of their poor decisions on the covid boogeyman when it's the lockdown that's to blame

I'm pretty sure you mean "non sequitur" but your ignorance has already been noted so it's whatever

So you’re saying an 8 year old killers himself due to school shutdowns, despite no evidence. So, you’re using the death of a kid to promote your politics.Cool.

Restaurants require 50-60% to break even on expenses. 25% does nothing except put the lid on the coffin without nailing it shut. Until someone shows solid evidence of rising case counts as a result of dining at restaurants, they should be open at 100%.

Two adults is fine. What you don't want is a family of 10 coming in from Hazard to make Black Friday the equivalent of their family vacation.

A requirement to work from home is not feasible, nor logical. Again, see above for restaurants. You must provide data that people are getting sick as a result of being in a specific place. Arbitrary rules and mandates w/o anything to measure is pointless.

If Andy had said there were X cases in Lexington the past two weeks at particular restaurants, then that is a start, or something to measure against. Normally, you would then implement counter measures to lower these numbers but keep them open. Nope...lockdowns. Now he has nothing to weigh any case reductions against. "If" the numbers get better, he will use this to support his arbitrary rule despite not having any evidence to support the original mandate.

So, you’ve insulted. Have stated all shutdowns are useless. What’s your solution?

At the same time, I understand why they would close them the holidays and I seriously feel for administrators. Incredibly tough position to be in.

Oh then there must be data showing all these teachers infected by students in school? No it's exactly the opposite.

college kids were going to class. You think that was safer for educators? Who's more high risk? Grade school kids stuck at home or college kids that won't even wear a condom?

There was a decisive difference between the two sets alright and it had nothing to do with safety or the virus

Let's summarize.

Or.

I don’t really disagree with any or this. I don’t share your concern about vaccine though.

Wait till Andy finds about Rural King’s Black Friday sale - $611 S&W ARs.

Dr. Stack (fake ass name) says “even with low compliance” on lockdowns, hundreds of lives will be saved. So, if we don’t even fully comply, we’re doing a great job!

It’s a clown world.

Oh then there must be data showing all these teachers infected by students in school? No it's exactly the opposite.

college kids were going to class. You think that was safer for educators? Who's more high risk? Grade school kids stuck at home or college kids that won't even wear a condom?

There was a decisive difference between the two sets alright and it had nothing to do with safety or the virus

I think like a lot of things, the truth is more complex. I know there are staffing issues, particularly at private schools, for instance. The decisions often go beyond just infection rate and you can get into some very specific cases. That’s why I don’t disagree with letting the districts or even schools decide what’s best for them.

quite the non sequitor
Nevada Gov saying they have lost more students to suicide this fall than in years past is irrelevant to this discussion?

Las Vegas has the 5th largest school district in the nation and has been 100% remote learning.

Seemed to me the Democrat Governor was speaking of student suicides in terms of covid and schooling.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
So you’re saying an 8 year old killers himself due to school shutdowns, despite no evidence. So, you’re using the death of a kid to promote your politics.Cool.
The tweet was about the Governor mentioning more student suicides this fall than any years past, including an 8 year old.

It didn’t say - an 8 yr old committed suicide so that proves schools should reopen.

Nevada Gov saying they have lost more students to suicide this fall than in years past is irrelevant to this discussion?

Las Vegas has the 5th largest school district in the nation and has been 100% remote learning.

Seemed to me the Democrat Governor was speaking of student suicides in terms of covid and schooling.

Okay, but unless they say this kid killed himself because of remote learning, you’re using a kid’s death for politics.

Reactions: UK4number9
80 proof is right, not worth responding at this point

You probably like @80 Proof and want to console him, despite doing nothing but fishing for likes and bringing empty takes full of insults. Love that it’s 2020 and he still thinks he can bully his way though arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Okay, but unless they say this kid killed himself because of remote learning, you’re using a kid’s death for politics.
K. Once you’re done with the 8 year old, check on this 9 year old in the same state...with school again mentioned. Again, a Democrat gov mentioning student suicides and needing to reopen school. Not me.

K. Once you’re done with the 8 year old, check on this 9 year old in the same state...with school again mentioned. Again, a Democrat gov mentioning student suicides and needing to reopen school. Not me.

Again, like you need proof. Not pundits on Twitter. And you confuse that with me saying it’s not true. The epidemic isn’t even a virus... it’s morons on twitter

Par for the course that you read a headline and not the article.

“They may know the consequences of suicide, but act too quickly to fully consider what they’re doing first.”

“They are actually thinking about not wanting to be alive, that death might be a solution,” he said. “The details of what that means, that things can get better, isn’t clear to them because their ability to plan for the future, to solve problems in a flexible way, is not as good as in older children. The thought they may come up with instead is, ‘If I were dead, the pain would be gone.’ ”

It should also be pointed out, mostly due to lack of comprehension skills, that your article points out a rising rate of suicides in adolescents... in 2017.

because of covid of course

Par for the course that you read a headline and not the article.

“They may know the consequences of suicide, but act too quickly to fully consider what they’re doing first.”

“They are actually thinking about not wanting to be alive, that death might be a solution,” he said. “The details of what that means, that things can get better, isn’t clear to them because their ability to plan for the future, to solve problems in a flexible way, is not as good as in older children. The thought they may come up with instead is, ‘If I were dead, the pain would be gone.’ ”

It should also be pointed out, mostly due to lack of comprehension skills, that your article points out a rising rate of suicides in adolescents... in 2017.

because of covid of course

You made my point for me. Thanks.

Your question was do 8 year old children comprehend the concept of suicide...and the doctor said they know the consequences of suicide.

Drop this topic. It is proven that lockdowns have led to many problems other than covid, and that isn't debatable.

You made my point for me. Thanks.

Your question was do 8 year old children comprehend the concept of suicide...and the doctor said they know the consequences of suicide.

Drop this topic. It is proven that lockdowns have led to many problems other than covid, and that isn't debatable.
So now you believe in doctors?

Most posters on here are more concerned whether they can go eat an overpriced steak on Saturday night. Truth.

ADVERTISEMENT