ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Beshear - Not a fan of Science

Still waiting for an educated argument. Just try. Can’t insult your way out. I’ll check back in bit
You didn’t make an educated argument the entire thread. You just poked fun at what you view others
Most posters on here are more concerned whether they can go eat an overpriced steak on Saturday night. Truth.
does it matter?

Meanwhile...

UK is playing basketball today.

UofL is hosting the Wade Houston Classic basketball tourney today. Two games, 4 teams all in the same building.

Lowe’s, Home Depot, Kroger, liquor stores, malls, Wal Mart, etc...all open and packed.

But we can’t have kids in school because that would kill teachers and such.

It’s all arbitrary bullshit. King Andy is a jackass. Steve Stacks is a jackass.

Last edited:
The man that says we should "follow the data and science", governor Andy Beshear continues to openly defy Dr. Fauci. Fauci says that we should do all we can to keep schools open.

Andy puts not restrictions on Walmart, Kroger, Lowe's, Best Buy, but closes schools. It's remarkable how the state media in KY gives the governor a complete pass when not following the "data".

Consider that in September Andy literally did the opposite of what Fauci says here. He OPENED bars and told us to keep schools closed.

Reactions: qwesley
Even crazy ass NY had reopened schools.

Andy likes control. He punishes all restaurants because some were doing it wrong. Same with schools.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I can't figure out why he didn't do this.

A. LImit capacity in restaurants to 33%
B. Limit capacity in bars to 25%
C. Limit capacity in retail stores to 25% and one family member per household
D. Limit capacity to all indoor public gatherings, including church to 20% or 50 people, whichever is less.
E. Close schools the week after Thanksgiving to catch any "spike" and allow in school instruction until the week of Christmas. Then close schools until January 8th.

Everybody gets to try to survive and the most important thing still happens, school. Instead he goes against the science and data and leaves entire industries open but closes schools who are not accelerating the spread, and in fact might help limit the spread.

I think he's fallen into the trap a lot of other inexperienced leaders fall in to. Group Think/echo chambers. There are wide reports that his administration never communicates with trade associations before announcing these decisions...

Reactions: 80 Proof
I can't figure out why he didn't do this.

A. LImit capacity in restaurants to 33%
B. Limit capacity in bars to 25%
C. Limit capacity in retail stores to 25% and one family member per household
D. Limit capacity to all indoor public gatherings, including church to 20% or 50 people, whichever is less.
E. Close schools the week after Thanksgiving to catch any "spike" and allow in school instruction until the week of Christmas. Then close schools until January 8th.

A. LImit capacity in restaurants to 33%....you have no basis for cutting capacity period. There is ZERO data out there that X number of cases has developed out of people attending restaurants. However, if you want to play the % game, then keep it at 50% to make people have a false sense of accomplishment.

B. Limit capacity in bars to 25%...see above.

C. Limit capacity in retail stores to 25% and one family member per household....this makes zero sense. Again, what is your measurement that dictates ANY % in regards to stores. If people are wearing masks, then there shouldn't be an issue.

D. Limit capacity to all indoor public gatherings, including church to 20% or 50 people...whichever is less. ....sorry, but again w/ the random % capacity figure. I will admit you have to start somewhere on this, however, so I will throw my 50% # against the wall for now.

E. Close schools the week after Thanksgiving to catch any "spike" and allow in school instruction until the week of Christmas. Then close schools until January 8th......no basis for closing schools, period.

Open up Kentucky. Open up. If you stay closed you will destroy small business. Kentucky can not afford that. Your children will fall behind in their education.

Tell KEA to take a leap, they do not have the best interest of your children or economy at heart

Yeah the rank n file teaches may want to go back to work ... the union management does what union management does .. screw people .

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
The man that says we should "follow the data and science", governor Andy Beshear continues to openly defy Dr. Fauci. Fauci says that we should do all we can to keep schools open.

Andy puts not restrictions on Walmart, Kroger, Lowe's, Best Buy, but closes schools. It's remarkable how the state media in KY gives the governor a complete pass when not following the "data".

Consider that in September Andy literally did the opposite of what Fauci says here. He OPENED bars and told us to keep schools closed.

He and others ignored pediatricians, they will now ignore Fauci.

A. LImit capacity in restaurants to 33%....you have no basis for cutting capacity period. There is ZERO data out there that X number of cases has developed out of people attending restaurants. However, if you want to play the % game, then keep it at 50% to make people have a false sense of accomplishment.

B. Limit capacity in bars to 25%...see above.

C. Limit capacity in retail stores to 25% and one family member per household....this makes zero sense. Again, what is your measurement that dictates ANY % in regards to stores. If people are wearing masks, then there shouldn't be an issue.

D. Limit capacity to all indoor public gatherings, including church to 20% or 50 people...whichever is less. ....sorry, but again w/ the random % capacity figure. I will admit you have to start somewhere on this, however, so I will throw my 50% # against the wall for now.

E. Close schools the week after Thanksgiving to catch any "spike" and allow in school instruction until the week of Christmas. Then close schools until January 8th......no basis for closing schools, period.

I agree... What I'm saying, is that he chose to completly kill three things while leaving other things completly alone.

And yes, there is data showing that outside the home, restaurants, bars, churches and retail establishments are likely next in line for accelerating spread. But I agree, I would not close those establishments.

The reality is that the data saying that it's safe have school is probably the strongest data on spread/no spread out there. The data on restaurants and bars is not nearly as comprehensive or compelling.

But again, I'm not advocating for that. I'm simply saying, if he felt the need to do something, my idea was far more reasonable.

Oh then there must be data showing all these teachers infected by students in school? No it's exactly the opposite.

college kids were going to class. You think that was safer for educators? Who's more high risk? Grade school kids stuck at home or college kids that won't even wear a condom?

There was a decisive difference between the two sets alright and it had nothing to do with safety or the virus
Exactly..$$ is why one opened and the other one didn’t.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Why isn't everyone in Florida dead yet?

Hint: they're not even in the top 10 in deaths/million population.

Meanwhile, Cuomo kills 11k and gets a accolades from the press.

Meanwhile...

UK is playing basketball today.

UofL is hosting the Wade Houston Classic basketball tourney today. Two games, 4 teams all in the same building.

Lowe’s, Home Depot, Kroger, liquor stores, malls, Wal Mart, etc...all open and packed.

But we can’t have kids in school because that would kill teachers and such.

It’s all arbitrary bullshit. King Andy is a jackass. Steve Stacks is a jackass.

Dude, they said the huge increase in cases was due to Halloween, and that Thanksgiving will basically kill EVERYONE.

Stuff is so far out of control, I don't know how this gets fixed. You give government this sort of power over your life and business, you ain't just gonna "get it back".

Dude, they said the huge increase in cases was due to Halloween, and that Thanksgiving will basically kill EVERYONE.

Stuff is so far out of control, I don't know how this gets fixed. You give government this sort of power over your life and business, you ain't just gonna "get it back".
If only those first 15 cases had gone to zero like we were told

Desantis - school closures largest public health blunder in US history

Cuomo - “astonishing” how low the infection rates in school are

Fauci - close the bars, open the schools

Beshear - I’ll take this school closure fight all the way to SCOTUS!

Andy is going to die on his sword w/ the schools. The KEA must really have his nads in a vice grip.

Manny Caulk has to be fired! Him and Andy battling it out for most mistakes while still taking in that $$$$ fir themselves. Hoping our 2 new school board members step up and hold Manny Caulk accountable! Vote was always 3-2 in favor of manny. His 3 loyalists on the board were Stephanie spires, Daryl Love, and Ray Daniels. Daryl and Rays terms end on Dec 31.!
Back in July, an addendum to manny contract was pushed thru which in essence attempts to disallow any future negativity against manny by board members. If you go to 1:47:20 on the board meeting below, you can watch this take place. No surprise, it passed 3-2 with manny’s 3 loyalists voting to protect him,

The one thing andy dandy hasn't touched appears to be the biggest contributor to the surge in El Paso, which is in the worst shape of anywhere in the country right now.

Consider that he's shut down bars, restaurants and schools. Three settings where it's relatively easy to make sure people are following protocols but isn't touch retailers where it is very hard to enforce the guidelines.

Our governor doesn't have any sense.

ADVERTISEMENT