ADVERTISEMENT

#8 Auburn(SEC) vs #1 Duke(ACC)

I am more impressed with Auburn..they weren't even playing at 100%. They will be tough. Duke will lose eventually..they'll take 3-4 losses probably..before March.
Thanks for the props. Tough loss, but proud of our guys. They fought their asses off after getting in a huge hole early. Could have easily folded and been run out of the gym when we trailed by 17 in the first half. Refs really killed us protecting puke. Calling touch fouls on us and letting their guys hammer us underneath was ridiculous. The push offs Barrett was using over and over on shots were blatant and never called. 34-9 FT differential in favor of puke was completely absurd.

I said AUB would smack dook in the mouth which would be the first time this year. I thought AUB would beat them, but I said AUB had to hit their shots and starting 1-12 from 3 is too much of a hole, but they did battle back. Also some horrible calls. AUB no FTs first half a lot of missed calls, for sure huge dook advantage with the whistle. 2 big flagrant fouls missed on dook, one towards the end could have helped a lot with it somewhat close. Dook is far from unbeatable.

Just say you were wrong and move on.

Because you intended it to be trash talk ...... but it’s sad trash talk. You think they care if they might lose 1 game? Talk about them crashing to earth next year and when K retires if you are gonna trash talk
Have a good night.

Thanks for the props. Tough loss, but proud of our guys. They fought their asses off after getting in a huge hole early. Could have easily folded and been run out of the gym when we trailed by 17 in the first half. Refs really killed us protecting puke. Calling touch fouls on us and letting their guys hammer us underneath was ridiculous. The push offs Barrett was using over and over on shots were blatant and never called. 34-9 FT differential in favor of puke was completely absurd.

You not realizing that your boys floating around the perimeter and chucking 3s is the reason you didn’t get to the line is absurd. No moral victories. You got Duke on their worst night and aside from desperation 3’s going down late, this was double digits all night.

You not realizing that your boys floating around the perimeter and chucking 3s is the reason you didn’t get to the line is absurd. No moral victories. You got Duke on their worst night and aside from desperation 3’s going down late, this was double digits all night.
Lol, Reddish took a horrible shot 30 feet out and they were only up 5 with 8 minutes left at that time. Of course he hit it, but iat some point the bad shot selection will catch up to them

Reactions: KyFaninNC and DM8
Seems like a lot of your fellow Cats disagree with this take. We are a shooting team and we had a bad night from 3. If we shoot at our season clip from last year, we make 3-4 more treys and win the game.

Best news for us from the game tonight was Wiley has come on strong with a 17/9 performance tonight. He missed 6 weeks in a walking boot and today was his 11th day back playing. He looked like a baby deer on skates against Washington so he has come a long way in a short span. We have a lot of room for improvement once he is back to 100% and we get one of our better shooters back in Purifoy.

Just say you were wrong and move on.
Sure, let's all do that and 90% of the board is gone. How about you just not comment. I wasn't wrong as I said AUB would have to hit their shots and not get in a hole, 1 of 12 to start from 3 isn't exactly doing that. It wasn't some great dook D either, wide open looks they had been knocking down.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Lol, Reddish took a horrible shot 30 feet out and they were only up 5 with 8 minutes left at that time. Of course he hit it, but iat some point the bad shot selection will catch up to them

Dook on their worst night, that's rich. Bolden had the game of his life and they got about every call. There were a good deal of fouls not called that were clear. If Bilas the dookie himself is calling them out you know they were bad. Plus 2 flagrants not called. Dook got lucky Jack White or whoever was hitting 3's in the beginning and like against us everything went in for them and AUB couldn't buy one. Dook will go down soon and I very seriously doubt this is them at their worst.

Great win. Needed a test and passed. Bolden has arrived
Bolden was blocking dudes under 6ft tall. A shot in the dark tonight, no worries he will turn back into the slug he is. Tonight just showed the losses are coming for dook and a little too much praise has been given to them. Imagine if a ref ever calls all their fouls and they get 1 or 2 starters in foul trouble against a top 5 team. Over hyped. Good for sure, but not what people are making them out to be. Beat an NBA team my ass.

Oh RJ’s shot selection is already catching up to him. Cam has a different skill set though. I think the shot you mentioned was the shot of the game. Auburn hit a 3, cut it to 5, felt like they had a shot and 5 secs later, silence. It was cold blooded

Dook on their worst night, that's rich. Bolden had the game of his life and they got about every call. There were a good deal of fouls not called that were clear. If Bilas the dookie himself is calling them out you know they were bad. Plus 2 flagrants not called. Dook got lucky Jack White or whoever was hitting 3's in the beginning and like against us everything went in for them and AUB couldn't buy one. Dook will go down soon and I very seriously doubt this is them at their worst.

They’ll lose 3-4 along the way but with this roster, if Bolden is your player of the game, that’s as good as it could possibly get for the opponents.

Sure, let's all do that and 90% of the board is gone. How about you just not comment. I wasn't wrong as I said AUB would have to hit their shots and not get in a hole, 1 of 12 to start from 3 isn't exactly doing that. It wasn't some great dook D either, wide open looks they had been knocking down.
Nah you said auburn would win and you’re walking it back with all your modifiers. If they....and if the...and if, if, if.
You made a call, it was wrong, big deal. Own it.

Bolden was blocking dudes under 6ft tall. A shot in the dark tonight, no worries he will turn back into the slug he is. Tonight just showed the losses are coming for dook and a little too much praise has been given to them. Imagine if a ref ever calls all their fouls and they get 1 or 2 starters in foul trouble against a top 5 team. Over hyped. Good for sure, but not what people are making them out to be. Beat an NBA team my ass.
Agreed. Duke doesn’t win the Natty. Zion is a highlight reel but he can’t play hard and focused for 40 minutes. If RJ or Reddish have an off night it would be trouble for Duke. Auburn didn’t even have one of its best players and started the game absolutely terrible. then out scored Duke once they got into the game. Most Auburn fans didn’t even think Auburn played that well (off shooting night, some mental turnovers, dealt with foul trouble)

Agreed. Duke doesn’t win the Natty. Zion is a highlight reel but he can’t play hard and focused for 40 minutes. If RJ or Reddish have an off night it would be trouble for Duke. Auburn didn’t even have one of its best players and started the game absolutely terrible. then out scored Duke once they got into the game. Most Auburn fans didn’t even think Auburn played that well (off shooting night, some mental turnovers, dealt with foul trouble)
Saying any team won’t win it is beyond easy and gives you 350 teams vs 1. Say who you think will win it.

Auburn is helping them just like we did. But auburn seems to be better than us atm. Props to a crazy but fun team to watch. Rebounds, too quick of shots, corner 3's too open. And pullup long distance shots going down for duke a few too many times early and late during auburn trying to get back into it. Sealed the deal. Just like our 30+ ugly loss probably in reality is closer to 10 pt loss. But these things^ are crucial lol

Reactions: DM8
Dukes D was the difference , and bolden blowing up . Auburn was taken deep in the shock clock on nearly every possession , at least it seemed that way to me .. and Duke also laid out the blue print to beat them .. get in their chest out front . don't allow straight line drives , and when they do drive have a rim protector back there to block/change their shots .. But we don't have type rim protector . Auburns guards didnt do a good job of dishing off dribble penetration , or duke rotated really well , or a combo of both.
Right now Duke is deadly , their role players are playing out the ass , jones looks solid as heck , Jack Black n White is solid , and Now Bolden looks like he has decided to play . That plus the 3 studs means a long year for those of us that hate their guts , me included . Hopefully some internal chemistry issue pops up . I cant wish for injury on anyone . Ok maybe a sprain .. lol

And for as much as I hate rat face , he is a great coach . A phony on camera , but a great coach , look at their spacing and offense . Its good .

He had a great game and played way above himself. His career averages are 2.9 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. Richards stats are 5 points, 4.6 rebounds and he's a year younger. I'm not taking away from Bolden's game but he's really no better than Richards.

Nicks only contribution thru 4 games is his 19 rebound anomaly against low mid major North Dakota , His rebound totals per game are this. 2. .... 2 .... 19 ... 2 .... . He has 6 blocks thru the four games ... Bolden had 7 against auburn . I hope Nick gets a fire lite under his butt , he has the talent . I don't think he has the fire or the desire . For our sake I hope he finds it .

Nah you said auburn would win and you’re walking it back with all your modifiers. If they....and if the...and if, if, if.
You made a call, it was wrong, big deal. Own it.
Your right I was wrong on who, but I did say they would leave Maui with a loss and I was right with that, wrong team, had to wait one day, but still a loss. I'm happy, screw it. Dookies go down!

Yep, I said they wouldn't leave Maui undefeated I just had the team that would knock them off wrong. Anyway dookies go down! I am thankful a day early.

Oh RJ’s shot selection is already catching up to him. Cam has a different skill set though. I think the shot you mentioned was the shot of the game. Auburn hit a 3, cut it to 5, felt like they had a shot and 5 secs later, silence. It was cold blooded
Yep that was a dagger. We were on a run then he drains a 27 footer. Im a die hard au fan but got mad respect for yalls bball program. Duke is prob the kost talented team in the country but isnt 30 points better than yall on an avg. night. We had chances to really swing that game but either a whistle or unbeliavable/unlikely shot would go in for Duke. But they are def beatable

Yep that was a dagger. We were on a run then he drains a 27 footer. Im a die hard au fan but got mad respect for yalls bball program. Duke is prob the kost talented team in the country but isnt 30 points better than yall on an avg. night. We had chances to really swing that game but either a whistle or unbeliavable/unlikely shot would go in for Duke. But they are def beatable
I think we went in too cocky from our Bahamas tour and couple that our defense wasn’t good and Duke shot way better than we all thought! It was a perfect storm!

ADVERTISEMENT