ADVERTISEMENT

Per Matt Jones...

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Startling numbers below. Is there any reasonable rebuttal to this?

Kentucky is 2-8 in their last 10 postseason games (counting SEC tourney games), and UK was favored in every single one of them.

2019 vs. Auburn: 0-1
2021 vs. Mississippi State: 0-2
2022 vs. Vanderbilt: 1-2
2022: vs. Tennessee: 1-3
2022 vs. St. Peter's: 1-4
2023: vs. Vanderbilt: 1-5
2023: vs. Providence: 2-5
2023: vs. Kansas State: 2-6
2024: vs. Texas A&M: 2-7
2024: vs. Oakland: 2-8

What say ye, Cal cultists?

Last edited:

Kentucky is 2-8 in their last 10 postseason games (counting SEC tourney games), and UK was favored in every single one of them.

That’s the gold standard, about like the amount of gold in Fort Knox compared to the money supply.

46 losses in the last 4 seasons.

4 double digit loss seasons in the last 7 seasons

17.5% of his career losses have occurred in the last 4 seasons

1-3 in the last 4 tournaments. 2 historic losses in Kentucky tournament history coming against a 15 seed and a 13 seed. On top of that the worst season ever in 20/21.

KENTUCKY, WE HAVE( HAVE HAD) A PROBLEM!!!

1-3 in the last 4 tournaments. 2 historic losses in Kentucky tournament history coming against a 15 seed and a 13 seed. On top of that the worst season ever in 20/21.

@Sejonesy will now tell you why this isn’t a big deal, and laugh at you. Probably.

Fire his ass and be done with it .. that or Kentucky basketball is done . your choice Mitch and Eli .. I really dont care either way . College hoops is a bad product . The entire thing sucks . Cheating refs have hurt us bad . And the game also

Big ooc games don’t matter, SEC regular season doesn’t matter, conference tournaments don’t matter, and nowadays NCAAT doesn’t matter. What are we even built for these days? I know someone will say the draft, but he isn’t even getting guys drafted like he used to, it’s all around sad state of affairs for BBN.

We’ve had a lot of problems over these years no doubt.

Without cheating can people recognize the biggest loss in terms of point differential of the 8?

A lot of few possession games where his shortcomings in coaching and roster construction have reared their ugly head.

Reactions: March 22
The bracket opened up in 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, and 2024.

Know what they all have in common?

2018: 6 NBA players (two lottery, one future all-NBA first teamer)
2019: 6 NBA players (two lottery, four guys who have gone on to average anywhere between 13 to 20 points per game in the NBA).
2022: 2 NBA players
2023: 4 NBA players (two lottery, with one lottery pick that Cal refused to play)
2024: probably* two lottery picks; 7 NBA players.

That's 5 NBA players per roster on average, and not one Final Four.

In the same amount of time, we've lost to teams that had:

Kansas State 2018: 2 NBA players (Dean Wade was injured and only played 8 minutes)
Auburn 2019: 1 NBA player
St. Peter's 2022: 0 NBA players
Kansas State 2023: 2 NBA players
Oakland 2024: 0 NBA players

That's 1 NBA player per roster on average for the teams that beat us.

UK has had 5 times the NBA talent in those games, and still has managed to lose all of them.

Without cheating can people recognize the biggest loss in terms of point differential of the 8?

A lot of few possession games where his shortcomings in coaching and roster construction have reared their ugly head.

Not sure, but I think half of those are by like 5-6 points or less

1. Three point loss to KSU in 2018.
2. Overtime loss to Auburn in 2019.
3. Overtime loss to St. Peter's in 2022.
4. UK up by one with two minutes left against KSU in 2023.
5. 1 point game with a minute left against Oakland.

But the choke jobs go back father than that with Calipari.

6. 1 point game against Wisconsin in 2015 with one minute left.
7. Tie game with 8 seconds left against UNC in 2017.

I know you've been on the fence with Cal, and historically wanting to do due diligence in regards to being fair to him.

Are you officially on "Team Get the Hell Out, Cal" now?

I know you've been on the fence with Cal, and historically wanting to do due diligence in regards to being fair to him.

Are you officially on "Team Get the Hell Out, Cal" now?

I've been on that train of thought since 9-16. That season, and maybe it's not fair, but that season, along with it being the 2nd season UK didn't even make the tournament made me want him gone. I still give him credit for his entire body of work.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I dove into this topic a little bit a few years back. The SEC does not fare well under certain referees.

For example, this Thread was specifically about Higgins and/or Sirmons officiating the SEC in the NCAA Tournament: https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...d-of-the-road-with-sirmons-or-higgins.295145/ . This post was about Higgins’ record with the SEC (2011-2017) as well as other teams: https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...s-thread-2005-2017.232127/page-2#post-5811123
🤷‍♀️ 🙉🙈🙊

Last edited:
Reactions: catzcan
Highly
I've been on that train of thought since 9-16. That season, and maybe it's not fair, but that season, along with it being the 2nd season UK didn't even make the tournament made me want him gone. I still give him credit for his entire body of work.
Doubt you’ve been on that train. If you’re in my ignore list, you’re a Cal cultist.

The bracket opened up in 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, and 2024.

Know what they all have in common?

2018: 6 NBA players (two lottery, one future all-NBA first teamer)
2019: 6 NBA players (two lottery, four guys who have gone on to average anywhere between 13 to 20 points per game in the NBA).
2022: 2 NBA players
2023: 4 NBA players (two lottery, with one lottery pick that Cal refused to play)
2024: probably* two lottery picks; 7 NBA players.

That's 5 NBA players per roster on average, and not one Final Four.

In the same amount of time, we've lost to teams that had:

Kansas State 2018: 2 NBA players (Dean Wade was injured and only played 8 minutes)
Auburn 2019: 1 NBA player
St. Peter's 2022: 0 NBA players
Kansas State 2023: 2 NBA players
Oakland 2024: 0 NBA players

That's 1 NBA player per roster on average for the teams that beat us.

UK has had 5 times the NBA talent in those games, and still has managed to lose all of them.
Just goes to show that NBA potential dies not equate to good college players when they are 19-20 year olds. The PORTAL and NIL are now the “gold standard”, not freshmen 5*, assuming there’s a competent coach to manage keeping mature players and actually running a defense and offense. We can only hope for a change.

🤢

Hey 96 days till the NBA draft baby!!

🤮

Fire his ass and be done with it .. that or Kentucky basketball is done . your choice Mitch and Eli .. I really dont care either way . College hoops is a bad product . The entire thing sucks . Cheating refs have hurt us bad . And the game also
It’s apparent that most refs feel the same about Cal as most people on this board. If he spent more time learning how to coach rather than running up and down the court screaming at the refs we may not be in this situation.

1. Three point loss to KSU in 2018.
2. Overtime loss to Auburn in 2019.
3. Overtime loss to St. Peter's in 2022.
4. UK up by one with two minutes left against KSU in 2023.
5. 1 point game with a minute left against Oakland.

But the choke jobs go back father than that with Calipari.

6. 1 point game against Wisconsin in 2015 with one minute left.
7. Tie game with 8 seconds left against UNC in 2017.
Hard truth about Mr HOFer right there . And Auburn was without their best player in 19

It’s apparent that most refs feel the same about Cal as most people on this board. If he spent more time learning how to coach rather than running up and down the court screaming at the refs we may not be in this situation.
They have united against him, and will never forgive. He will not be allowed another title, if he were actually able to even win it.

The Cal cultusts are a moot point unless some of them are influential enough to sway the university.
The problem seems to be the mindset of those in high places.
The river of dysfunction flows downstream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT