ADVERTISEMENT

Who to root for SC -vs- Auburn

Oct 29, 2015
Tonight's matchup is SEC #2 South Carolina (45 net) -vs- SEC #3 Auburn (7 net) who is 1 game back. Auburn is coming off a road loss to the Gators. Game is @ Auburn and they are a 11.5 pt favorite. Cats have Auburn on Saturday. Who do you root for to win tonight? Cats are 1 game back from Auburn and 2 from SC in the SEC race.

SC. We aren't winning the SEC (99%). So to me 2nd vs 3rd, 3rd vs 4th, 4th vs 5th not matter as much as each individual game. And if SC beat Auburn, I think they would definitely "show up" vs us on Saturday.

For the grammar police in the back

Root means to cheer for a sports team, the underground part of the plant, and to dig something up with a snout.
Hey I pulled it off heard it in a movie once, just joking
For the grammar police in the back

Root means to cheer for a sports team, the underground part of the plant, and to dig something up with a snout.

The best case scenario for us would be for Auburn to beat SC tonight then lose to us on Saturday. ETA - I guess it doesn't matter much either way since we aren't winning the SEC

I don't know why we'd root for SC here. They're further ahead of us in the standings and a loss for Auburn will probably make our game even more difficult (we don't need added difficulty).
I’m rooting for South Carolina tonight. They are going to lose some more games. They have a tough schedule last 7 games. Auburn is only 1 game ahead of us in the standings and they have a much easier schedule. They Still have Georgia twice and Mizzou. Plus, I could never root for Bruce Pearl and KD Johnson.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't know why we'd root for SC here. They're further ahead of us in the standings and a loss for Auburn will probably make our game even more difficult (we don't need added difficulty).

I'm leaning this way. Believe it or not, Auburn would become a little desperate if they lose tonight.. That would be 4 of the 7.. with 2 of their last 5 wins being against lowly vandy. They can't really afford to lose tonight and then lose on the weekend.

Gotta root for Auburn. But at the same time, I wouldn't be upset if Auburn DID lose, and the chance of us handing them their 3rd straight loss and 5th loss in 8 games.

One good thing, it's two teams ahead of us. Someone is taking a loss, and if we handle business (big if) it makes it easier to pass them.

South Carolina will fall back to earth hard. That program always does, expect their down slide to start with a big loss to Auburn

Tonight's matchup is SEC #2 South Carolina (45 net) -vs- SEC #3 Auburn (7 net) who is 1 game back. Auburn is coming off a road loss to the Gators. Game is @ Auburn and they are a 11.5 pt favorite. Cats have Auburn on Saturday. Who do you root for to win tonight? Cats are 1 game back from Auburn and 2 from SC in the SEC race.
As much as I dislike Beamer & Staley, I enjoy watching this guy coach! Paris always seems like he's in control of the situation on the sidline. No screaming and yelling Goooooooo...just cool calm and collected coaching UP his players.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Either way, it is a win for UK. However, the gambler in me will take SC and the 11.5. They are a solid team, beat UT at UT, I don't know who will win, but I feel pretty confident, who ever does, it will not be by 12 or more. Give me SC and the points.

SC did lose to Bama by 27 at Bama, and by 5 to Georgia at home (head scratcher), so I guess it can happen. The losing to Georgia at home just shows you how crazy SEC conference games can be. We easily handled Georgia, SC lost to them, and killed UK, go figure.

SC lost at Bama by 27, went to a terrible Mizzou and won in OT by 2, then lost at home to Georgia the next game. They struggled for a three game stretch, then got well against UK and have won 7 straight since losing to Georgia.

I want Auburn to win. Don’t want to give them any more motivation against us. If they win maybe they go in to our game overconfident and we can catch them on a bad night.

Who am I kidding? Either way they are going to thrash up down there.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Auburn is gonna win due to being at home. We aren't catching SC unless we win out maybe and that ain't happening.

If UK loses Saturday they are almost 100% locked into 5 seed anyways IMO, unless alabama collapses and loses 6 total league games. If we win out other than tn and auburn we would get 4 seed in that scenario.

Florida is a pain as well with 4 losses and could be an issue in a 3 way tie but expect them to lose more than 6 games ultimately.

Cal has taken KY basketball so low we have to root for other teams to fail because CCC can’t win anything anymore!

Cal has taken KY basketball so low we have to root for other teams to fail because CCC can’t win anything anymore!
Another thread NOT about Cal where you have to inject your opinion of him. It was about Auburn / SC and who we want to lose / win, not "what do you think of Cal". We know what you think, try and stay on topic, if you can, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Graham51
We likely aren’t winning the SEC. But we do still have a shot at a double bye. To do that we need to crack the Top 4, and Auburn is only 1 game ahead of us.

@Auburn Saturday is gonna be a brutal game regardless. They are significantly better than us. It’s gonna take our best shooting game of the season thus far to steal one down there.

That remains true regardless if they win or lose tonight, so go Gamecocks.

I don't think we want Auburn at home coming off a loss. Winning there is going to be extremely difficult as it is. We aren't winning the SEC at this point unless we win out so we just need to get into a top 4 spot for the double bye.
I don’t believe TN or Gonzaga had a problem with UK coming off a loss at home

Just sayin, each game is its own game

Auburn will destroy us Saturday- they play aggressive defense and we play on our heels
They play loose & free on offense we do a weave
Pearl is the best in business on BLOB plays Calipari is the worst defender of BLOB plays in the history of the game

Who is we?

I don’t give a shit who wins tonight. We win Sat night regardless of what those pikers do.

You are just hoping UK loses.

South Carolina +11.5 is the play. Let's go Cocks!
high quality GIF

South Carolina is prone to turnovers when pressure is applied they are playing timid and are rattled in that environment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT