ADVERTISEMENT

“Calipari U”

I would boo if I’m at the game and everyone is but I’d rather just have RUPP rocking so loud it’s deafening. I want RUPP louder than it’s ever been!!

The tickets for that game might be astronomical. Could be the highest regular season game in the history of mens basketball. I have to imagine there's going to be a long list of people who will want to see Kentucky beat him, and likely boo him in general. ESPN and the sports media will hype this game up all season.

That game is going to be absolutely electric. Might have to make the trip down.

Live footage of John talking to himself in a bathroom just before he sells the next 5 star recruit on Calipari University.

• Haha
Reactions: HeismaNole
Guess I am going to have to take me a sign to the Arkansas game just in case we beat them... My sign will read "University of Kentucky- 1 , Calipari U- 0, My second sign will read "Kentucky is famous for frying chicken"

Yeah. Thought all of this for a few years. It's abundantly clear. Just look at his benny lineup comment. And his complete refusal to play Shep, Reeves, and Dillingham at the same time. He knows that's what the fans want. His recent comments in the past few days talking about ''im the worst in the country''. And his remark about fans being mad at only 1 title with 7 all stars. He knows what we're saying. He won't play them because he wants to spite us. He's awful. And anyone who thinks Cal wouldn't do that and how could he that's not his job! He doesn't care. He knows he's untouchable. He doens't talk to Barnhart. In his mind he OWNS this program.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

The tickets for that game might be astronomical. Could be the highest regular season game in the history of mens basketball. I have to imagine there's going to be a long list of people who will want to see Kentucky beat him, and likely boo him in general. ESPN and the sports media will hype this game up all season.

That game is going to be absolutely electric. Might have to make the trip down.

I’m about 5 hours away and I’ll be there regardless of ticket cost! I’m right there with ya, I think it will be absolutely insane. Final four atmosphere!

I warned my wife a couple days ago that I would be spending a lot of money on that game!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I don't get the scorned lover vibe from him. We didn't run him off. We didn't force him out the door. Was a large segment of then fan base unhappy? Yes. But at the end of the day we didn't turn our backs on him. We actually had settled in for another year and we're ready to support him and the team. Hes the one that isolated himself from everyone else. Again I just don't get why he's acting like this.

Reactions: dckala2
I will forever be grateful for how Cal revitalized this program for the first ten years of his reign. These last 5 years have been brutal though. Something changed, and we may never know exactly what.

As big of an egotistical arsehole as Cal can be, he’s a good man, and I always loved Ellen and the kids, but it was time for a change in the best interest of both parties.

I sincerely wish him the best, or second best at least lol. Really excited to see what Pope can do with this program.

He was an average in-game coach. Remember the early years when he placed no emphasis on free throws in practice? How many games did that cost? He wouldn’t utilize a zone or a box and one. His teams NEVER guarded the three point line effectively losing many games because of it. Referees hate him. Poor inbounds defense…..I quit watching them play much the past five years and I’ve been a fan since the early 60’s.

The thing is he gets in your head. Fans, Players and so forth. Look we still have posts dedicated to CAL or Chin Coleman and they are no longer here.

I understand Cal coming up or Asst. Coaches coming up naturally within conversations but we are still making posts about Cal and Staff.

He gets under your skin. I understand.

I have not gone over to see Cal since his presser down there. I have brought him up in threads and such.

I am trying to purge the last 15 years of my life with memories of that moron.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
Just another in a long line of John Cal being what we used to call Swaggy.

I think he may be shocked to find that Richardson and Sutton nevertheless, Arkansas is a football school.

Arkansas fans have to see this and think:

Oh No Do Not Want GIF by CBC

Its funny that Cal was clearly trying to "ding" us, and didn't even think about the optics around his CURRENT employer. I would bet $10 that he's getting a phone call very soon from the president or AD on this.
no, not yet.

Remember when Cal said the greatest day was draft day, and all of the fans lined up behind him and was like "he really doesn't mean it, he has to say that for recruiting to get those players"

and it took us about 5 years to realize he meant it.

Arkansas is still in the "he has to say those things, he doesn't really mean it " stage of the hiring

That's one of his new lines - he's been using it in recruiting so far. SOOO lazy - not even taking the fresh opportunity to reevaluate himself, his approach and offer something original from the last decade of mostly mediocrity. Just same shit different day. Lazy!

It's of course also offensive and dismissive of UK. Anyone who thought he was at all about UK can hear this and know - he was, is and will always be about himself... Laughably sees himself as THAT important and THAT successful. When you consider his high level of underachievement, especially since getting his ridiculous contract, you would think SOME humility would hit him - but no...

I don't usually wish others to fail and fail spectacularly - but this is worthy of an exception.

The thing is he gets in your head. Fans, Players and so forth. Look we still have posts dedicated to CAL or Chin Coleman and they are no longer here.

I understand Cal coming up or Asst. Coaches coming up naturally within conversations but we are still making posts about Cal and Staff.

He gets under your skin. I understand.

I have not gone over to see Cal since his presser down there. I have brought him up in threads and such.

I am trying to purge the last 15 years of my life with memories of that moron.
I never liked Cal. I tolerated him when he was producing, but when he became more talk than substance, I no longer could tolerate him. Numerous times I got booted from this board because of comments made about Cal. The fact that he has been so successful at duping grown men and women should make it easy to understand why so many impoverished young people are dupped by his sale of a quick path to the NBA. He primarily focus on high school kids because they are easier to manipulate.

Last edited:
Musselman couldn’t wait to get out of that pig sty, he had enough of the fans turning on him and he actually done pretty good while he was there. Cal doesn’t look right or fit what they really want in a coach, he wouldn’t even do the pig sooooie, he just wants the money they will throw at him for about 3 years. Then they will be sick of each other.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That's one of his new lines - he's been using it in recruiting so far. SOOO lazy - not even taking the fresh opportunity to reevaluate himself, his approach and offer something original from the last decade of mostly mediocrity. Just same shit different day. Lazy!

It's of course also offensive and dismissive of UK. Anyone who thought he was at all about UK can hear this and know - he was, is and will always be about himself... Laughably sees himself as THAT important and THAT successful. When you consider his high level of underachievement, especially since getting his ridiculous contract, you would think SOME humility would hit him - but no...

I don't usually wish others to fail and fail spectacularly - but this is worthy of an exception.
Its not as dismissive of UK as it is Arkansas. Won't even call it Arkansas - cause he knows he isn't at the pinnacle of college basketball anymore, so he has to convince players "its still what we did at Kentucky, just somewhere else"

I don't get the scorned lover vibe from him. We didn't run him off. We didn't force him out the door. Was a large segment of then fan base unhappy? Yes. But at the end of the day we didn't turn our backs on him. We actually had settled in for another year and we're ready to support him and the team. Hes the one that isolated himself from everyone else. Again I just don't get why he's acting like this.
Narcissists never consider that they have anything to do with things that go wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT