ADVERTISEMENT

I bet Cal is happy for Alabama

Basil Cat

Blue Chip Prospect
May 25, 2021
Maybe Oats is a “dear friend” too now. Isn’t that how his narcissistic deflection works?

I will remind maybe some who don’t know. When Barnes started beating Cal regularly he started calling Barnes a “friend”. Barnes told a crowd at a fundraiser in Knoxville that Cal being a friend was news to him and laughed.

Maybe Oats is a “dear friend” too now. Isn’t that how his narcissistic deflection works?

I will remind maybe some who don’t know. When Barnes started beating Cal regularly he started calling Barnes a “friend”. Barnes told a crowd at a fundraiser in Knoxville that Cal being a friend was news to him and laughed.
If he said that, it was in jest. They are good friends. Have known each other since the '70s. Calipari helped convince Barnes to take the Tennessee job.

Yeah I’m sure we will hear about how he won those regular season games against a final 4 and elite 8 team. He should make a popcorn box to commemorate it.

If he said that, it was in jest. They are good friends. Have known each other since the '70s. Calipari helped convince Barnes to take the Tennessee job.

Barnes has said that he didn’t really know Calipari and that he was suprised when Calipari was speaking so well of him. He literally said he didn’t know him that well. Now Barnes plays along.

OP is dead on accurate. Calipari knows how to read a room and knew he was going to have trouble beating UT with Barnes and his older defenses. He got out ahead of it by playing like neither of them care and they’re just old buddies.

Barnes has said that he didn’t really know Calipari and that he was suprised when Calipari was speaking so well of him. He literally said he didn’t know him that well. Now Barnes plays along.

OP is dead on accurate. Calipari knows how to read a room and knew he was going to have trouble beating UT with Barnes and his older defenses. He got out ahead of it by playing like
Neither of them care and they’re just old buddies.
I guess he was just "playing along" when he was still at Texas. Quite the long con.

Reactions: d2atTech
Pretty sure Barnes and Calipari coached camps together for several years. But it would be funny if they didn’t really know each other. There was a write up of some kind that Barnes called Calipari prior to taking the Tennessee job. Based on that write up, Calipari told him he should take it.

OP is dead on accurate. Calipari knows how to read a room and knew he was going to have trouble beating UT with Barnes and his older defenses. He got out ahead of it by playing like neither of them care and they’re just old buddies.
This is just not true. They have been friends for a long time. I dislike Triple C more than most and I know he’s a total ass. I don’t see how any decent human could like Triple C but he and Barnes do have a good friendship.. you can look it up.

C’mon, this is a total BS

I'd didn't see any Alabama players being taken in the lottery so why would Cal be happy for him. Even if he wins a championship Cal will view him as a failure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT