ADVERTISEMENT

“Calipari U”

It completely explains why every player we had left as soon as they possibly could. Just couldn’t care less about Kentucky. 1 billion + in NBA contracts and Cal complained about not having NIL. The former players didn’t want to donate.

Arkansas fans have to see this and think:

Oh No Do Not Want GIF by CBC

Its funny that Cal was clearly trying to "ding" us, and didn't even think about the optics around his CURRENT employer. I would bet $10 that he's getting a phone call very soon from the president or AD on this.

Last edited:
Used to love the guy but grew to despise him over the last few years. And since he's left, my hatred for him increases on a daily basis.

He tanked the last two seasons on purpose just to stick it to BBN by playing his guys and not the best lineups. It was all 100% intentional and the jackass couldn't stand the fact that Reed and Dilly were far and away better players than DJ and Edwards.

Oh, he can so go f*** himself.

This is indicative of the way he carried himself his whole 15 years here. UK was here to service him, his agenda and his ego, not the other way around. He saw this as the Calipari program, not Kentucky’s program.

He was not a good person, lol. He was using these kids to get what he wanted. Now that they're rich, most of them are not going to say boo about him. He showed his true self there at the end.
He helped the state numerous times when he didn’t have to, and he wasn’t using the kids, he legit helped them get to the nba, he just became so stubborn at the end he wasn’t worth having here anymore

Last edited:
Arkansas fans have to see this and think:

Oh No Do Not Want GIF by CBC

Its funny that Cal was clearly trying to "ding" us, and didn't even think about the optics around his CURRENT employer. I would be $10 that he's getting a phone call very soon from the president or AD on this.
When in Cal’s tenure here did he EVER consider optics. That was Cal being Cal

Can we all agree to boo this man when he walks into Rupp?

I really don't think he's going to be welcome in the state, and I have to believe aside from the games he has to play @Rupp, he's going to avoid this state as much as he can.

Like there's no way he'd be able to go to the gas station or a walmart or the bank.. and not run into several people who loathe him. He has to know there's probably not a single more unwanted person in the US, than Calipari in the state of Kentucky.

He helped the state numerous times when he didn’t have to, and he wasn’t using the kids, he legit helped them get to the nba, he just became so stubborn at the end he was worth having here anymore
He used the kids, lol. It got him the one thing he was after, a legacy in putting people in the NBA. It also allowed him to get back at the NBA for what he perceived as an unfair firing. He wanted to show the NBA that it would be nowhere without him. The man is delusional. It sure wasn't a winning experience here that he gave them. When you're as rich as he is, it kind of behooves you to want to give back to what made you rich.

Can we all agree to boo this man when he walks into Rupp?
he didn’t do a thing to us (besides coach in a way that we didn’t agree with). He never got us caught in a scandal, he’s not a terrible person, and he did hang one banner. I’m not booing him, personally.

Can’t we just get Rupp rocking to the point he looks at Rupp like Assembly Hall (minus the jackasses) and never wants to come back?

Oh, he can so go f*** himself.

This is indicative of the way he carried himself his whole 15 years here. UK was here to service him, his agenda and his ego, not the other way around. He saw this as the Calipari program, not Kentucky’s program.
I think until he won the title he was all about UK. Them until about 2017 it was about keeping up appearances. Since then. Bennies and Bullshit.

Exactly like a marriage man. We had our fun romp in the sheets, then we kept it together for the kids, then eff it….we hated each others guts and teared up missing the early days. Thank God the divorce was quick and easy.

Don't forget we had an AD that gave him the contract that let him run amok here. Before that, it was UK. After that, it was cu.

He has so much booster support in Arkansas, it's just cuz there out of the gate. Good luck with that.

Didn't sound like he even told his players he was going to Arkansas and they learned about it like everyone else.
Not defending him at all but I think he planned on coming back. He was gonna use last threat to leverage NIL or a practice facility. He overplayed his hand and violated his contract by having a one night stand with Arky.

Did us a favor and broke the prenup.

When in Cal’s tenure here did he EVER consider optics. That was Cal being Cal

I would love a documentary on this after some time.. I really think something inside of him broke along the way here. It's hard for me to now think that he wasn't trying to lose on purpose this year, I think he found himself at such odds with the fans that some of this stuff really seems like he did it out of spite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT