ADVERTISEMENT

How much of college basketball is staged or fixed?

Not sure that this post will earn me many friends, especially after my first post under this new name had so much rambling. This one will too.

I don’t have an opinion on this question that I feel committed to. There are some things that happen in college basketball that make it sometimes feel like the whole damned thing is a reality show designed to remove bills from our wallets.

The egregiously bad reffing is a good case in point example. There are plenty of games each year where you feel the refs have to be getting kick backs. The lack of oversight or consequences fuels that suspicion. Then you have the way some teams are treated vs the way other teams are treated when it comes investigations and punishments. Kansas, UNC, and Duke have all had very public cases of wrong doing, with indisputable public evidence, and yet faced no real consequence. On top of all of that, you have the accuracy of Vegas, almost as if Vegas knows the outcome before many games, and is only wrong sometimes to keep us guessing. Lastly, for now, sometimes teams play/lose so badly that it seems inexplicable.Sometimes players blow plays that the average person could make in their backyard.

The other side of all of this is that a lot of conspiracy theories aren’t really conspiracies at all, but instead the result of gross incompetence. Look at your local government…now take those people and put them in charge of national politics or nationwide entertainment. Huge conspiracies would take a whole lot of complicit people who aren’t going to speak up. Instead, maybe some refs just don’t like certain teams and certain coaches. Some governing officials have close ties to certain programs and conferences. Vegas has some of the best statisticians in the world. A lot of knowledgeable and invested fans influence those betting lines. Players and coaches are human.

My question is, are we all being hoodwinked or should we just trust the game because of the scale of it?
Reactions: TFCats11

We could catch KU this season as I see potential for an 11 game losing streak for the Jayhawks

V West Virginia at home could be their next win!

Enjoy that 2nd half schedule Sir Knee Burns; absolutely brutal!

Memphis Grizzlies scorekeeper outed for recording fradulent stats

TL;DR - Jaren Jackson Jr is recording nearly 2x as many blocks and steals at home vs. on the road because the home scorekeeper is recording stats that never happened or blatantly giving a block/steal to Jaren Jackson when it should have gone to a teammate. 7 plays were specifically mentione din the post, and you can see the clip of all the plays in the comment to the post, which is linked below.
Login to view embedded media
Login to view embedded media

Kansas Fans

I hope you are lurking around our board. I just want to let you know our program has struggled for years while you bastards have cheated and wrongfully took our all time wins lead. Your coach has been caught multiple times cheating without any real kind of punishment. It’s disgusting but tonight your Jayhawks are gonna get their asses whipped on both sides of the floor.

I love Kentucky basketball and still proud to bleed blue but your kind of blue belongs in jail. I’d be embarrassed and ashamed to be a fan of Kansas basketball.
Go big blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT