ADVERTISEMENT

Now that it’s over - Disaster of a season

So sad.

Preseason top 4, returning NPOY with other key returners and McDonalds All-Americans in the recruiting class.

12 losses. 6 seed. Another tournament where we don’t advance past the first weekend.

You can’t even make the argument that this program is in a good place right now, I don’t care if you poop ice cream and cry sunshine.

One small message to send

Maybe it won't have much of an impact, but stop buying UK merch until Cal is gone. Tell your friends and family, pass the word, make comments whenever you see UK merch being advertised on social media. Again, may not impact anything, but it just might. We know Mitch will answer to less money and empty seats. Small way to do your part.

Next year

Cal is finally going to have the talent he is used to and deserves. He has hung with us over the last 8 years and it is going to pay dividends in 2024. The payoff is coming and Cal has players that have the talent for his roll out the ball coaching philosophy. Hold onto your seats its, going to be a heck of a ride.

But if they miss shots, thats just the way it goes... so dont blame him.

The Last 10 years

Have been the most disappointing years in my lifetime watching Kentucky Basketball. I go back to 1978 watching and we used to be the hunter, now we are the hunted. We no longer win games by imposing our will on other teams. We get beat by mediocre teams playing mediocre basketball. Used to be times where the first two rounds of the tournament were tune up games for us. This is the second time our season has been ended by a mediocre Kansas St. team. It’s unacceptable. It’s embarrassing. Always looking to the next year then we wind up with another team full of overhyped bricklayers. In a tourney game, you cannot play guys that offer zero on the offensive side of the ball. Another year, another boy we have a great recruiting class coming in, another double digit losses team that disappoints. Time for a change and that time is now.

Wheeler was 70-75% healthy today

That wasn't the case on Friday, as coach John Calipari opted to hold the veteran dimer out, as he was only around "70-75 percent" healthy. It was the 10th game in a row that Wheeler has missed, due to an ankle injury, but more recently a "minor procedure" that was underwent on March 1.

Kinda begs the question…why in the f*ck didn’t he play today? And why is no one in the media grilling Calipari on this issue?

Taking Cal for Granted??

I wonder if the poster who asked this question earlier today still feel this way. K-state certainly didn't have more talent and they didn't have a HOF coach, yet they won. Even if they had more talent, an HOF coach should have been able to compensate for a talent differential. I don't think they have a single player on their team who will even sniff an NBA contract and their coach will never be in the HOF. This question should never be asked again. However, this statement should be repeatedly made. CAL IS OVERRATED AND OVER PAID!!!!
Reactions: chroix and WolfTix

• Poll
Will Cal be back next year?

Will Cal be the UK coach next year?

• Yes

Votes: 169 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.5%

This is obviously excluding a miraculous NCAAT run (wont happen though). But do you believe he will be the coach next year? I'm leaning towards no. I just think it would be best for both parties to separate. He had one of the best runs ever at UK but I think it's safe to say the game has passed him by. It's sad because some of his teams were so fun to watch...now they are just mediocre at best. I appreciate what he did here...but I think it has to be over. I just dont see why UK would want him back...and also I dont see why Cal would want to come back either into a toxic situation (of his own doing)
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT