ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw’s Attitude!

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
AB has struggled some this year, but he’s won me over with his attitude.

That “team first” attitude is contagious, and sulking is also contagious.

There’s a ton of outside pressure on top rated players to quickly get to the NBA, and several people in their camp think only about the player and not the team.

I think AB set the tone early of genuinely caring about his fellow big men and other teammates. Reeves didn’t look overly thrilled down the stretch sitting on the bench. (I don’t think it was Cal’s original plan, nor am I saying Reeves was sulking.) It was simply just strange and I don’t think he knew how to respond at first.

With a minute to go it was obvious he wasn’t returning to the game when Edwards made a big basket. The camera showed Reeves celebrating with Bradshaw and others as they were hooping it up and waving their towels. I give Bradshaw credit for creating that culture of celebrating and caring about other players.

I want to see all UK players succeed. But, AB is winning a special place. I’d like to see him have a very big game as we head down the stretch!

Agree w everything.

I wish we full court press his camp to letting him return and add 20-30lbs bc he would dominate and likely be lotto again.

Look what the 20lbs did for Reeves overall game. Look at how much better Thiero is this season bc the added strength and weight. Look at PJ Washington’s year 2 that’s allowed him to stick and be a contributor and not have to have the uphill GLeague climb.

That’s what Cal should be selling

Agree w everything.

I wish we full court press his camp to letting him return and add 20-30lbs bc he would dominate and likely be lotto again.

Look what the 20lbs did for Reeves overall game. Look at how much better Thiero is this season bc the added strength and weight. Look at PJ Washington’s year 2 that’s allowed him to stick and be a contributor and not have to have the uphill GLeague climb.

Great comment. Bradshaw absolutely should have a conversation with PJ!!

Agree w everything.

Cal never wants to hold a player from going to the league IF THEY'RE READY and someone wants them.

I'm guessing Cal trys to get Z or AB back for next year. I have no inside info, but I'm guessing Z will leave because of his age and I think he'll continue to shine over the next few weeks and this summer. Someone will take a flier on Z at end of the first round.

AB was deemed to be able to stretch the floor. However, as we discussed in the summer, AB made FOUR 3'S his sr year in HS. Yes, AAU coaches new he needed to add that shot to his game, but facing the basket is new for AB.

I agree that a summer in the weight room plus a summer to work on his game will make a huge difference for his confidence and overall game. Hope he returns.

I'm hoping he has a big NCAAT a la Marcus Lee in 2014. I'm not sure he's the athlete that Marcus was though, but he's more skilled offensively. If he could use his height to get more rebounds, he can contribute meaningful minutes down the stretch. The effort and energy has always been there.

Cals recruited enough quitters (Sharpe, the Dragon, Vanderbilt), it’s sure nice to see Bradshaw not get mad and leave the team. Face adversity and get better. I hope he returns next season
LOL at throwing Vanderbilt in with those losers. Wrong on every level. I mean factually wrong along with being stupid to say.

Great comment. Bradshaw absolutely should have a conversation with PJ!!
I love Bradshaws attitude. Just before the announcers brought it up vs Ark, my son and I were talking about how he tried to pick up Onyenso on the bench after that dumb foul vs MSU.
Bradshaw will never be PJ type. But he can look to Richards, and the bettter comp Camby (even though was a long time ago).

Yeah. He has impressed me with his team-first attitude. The polar opposite of that Shaedon Shart.
I will forever wish that POS a short and miserable life. Sorry, not the Christian thing to say, but he deserves zero sympathy or support from anyone for that stunt he pulled. I'm beginning to feel the same about his father. No respecting father would have allowed that to happen.

I love Bradshaws attitude. Just before the announcers brought it up vs Ark, my son and I were talking about how he tried to pick up Onyenso on the bench after that dumb foul vs MSU.
Bradshaw will never be PJ type. But he can look to Richards, and the bettter comp Camby (even though was a long time ago).
I really would love to see more of the angry Bradshaw, the one that manhandled the rebounds and tried to rip the rim down. That's how you keep the defense honest and open up the outside game.

Cals recruited enough quitters (Sharpe, the Dragon, Vanderbilt), it’s sure nice to see Bradshaw not get mad and leave the team. Face adversity and get better. I hope he returns next season
Man I like you and most of your post but the Vanderbilt thing is just not true. He played. And then got hurt. He missed NBA Draft workouts because he had to have surgery. That’s documented. He fell a long way down the board due to that. Vanderbilt never quit on Kentucky.

I will forever wish that POS a short and miserable life. Sorry, not the Christian thing to say, but he deserves zero sympathy or support from anyone for that stunt he pulled. I'm beginning to feel the same about his father. No respecting father would have allowed that to happen.
I’ll never wish ill on either of them but his dad was a lying sack of crap.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I’ll never wish ill on either of them but his dad was a lying sack of crap.
I honestly have never looked up his dad's involvement with UK, I just feel that no parent with good morals would have allowed that to happen. If you don't mind my asking, what did he say?

LOL at throwing Vanderbilt in with those losers. Wrong on every level. I mean factually wrong along with being stupid to say.

Vanderbilt is just not true man.

You either know it and say it anyway or you are talking about something you don't know about.

Both are dumb.

How is Vanderbilt a quitter? Because he got hurt and couldn't play until late in the year? Stupid.

Vanderbilt? Am I missing something here?

Man I like you and most of your post but the Vanderbilt thing is just not true. He played. And then got hurt. He missed NBA Draft workouts because he had to have surgery. That’s documented. He fell a long way down the board due to that. Vanderbilt never quit on Kentucky.

Guess Im misremembering on Vanderbilt, I thought he quit on the team and they said it was “injury”..he played in a year I don’t remember much so my apologies for being wrong

Lot of “stupid” and “dumb” being thrown my way for making a mistake. Lighten up

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Guess Im misremembering on Vanderbilt, I thought he quit on the team and they said it was “injury”..he played in a year I don’t remember much so my apologies for being wrong

Yeah, I was going to say something about Vanderbilt not belonging w/ the quitters crew, but I wouldn't've been so abrasive...:)

Reactions: UKgal82

Tell me it’s not you complaining about being called stupid! You were being a hating ass punk because that’s what you’ve always been because you don’t have respect for the program or for other people, and you made yourself look silly. Maybe take a step back from this forum and let it not be such a big part of your life.

Reactions: CatDaddyJoe
Tell me it’s not you complaining about being called stupid! You were being a hating ass punk because that’s what you’ve always been because you don’t have respect for the program or for other people, and you made yourself look silly. Maybe take a step back from this forum and let it not be such a big part of your life.
Oof. Settle down princess

JV was injured. He was no quitter.

No idea who the Dragon is.

Bradshaw needs to return for a 2nd year as many have pointed out but we all know that most likely want happen. Cal has created this "one & done" problem at UK and most kids coming to UK believe that is what they are here for
Would love to see Big Z return also.

Like this interview right here is what will eventually make this kid great. And I know NBA scouts are going to love this clip and use it as a positive to offset some of the slow to adjust performance of this year. I’m sure the majority of scouts also know that all he needs is a year in the weight room and 30lbs. They’ll take a team first, positive mindset, high potential guy. Unfortunately it means we likely won’t see a year 2

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Bunch of middle school kids in this thread; do your parents know you’re on here talking trash behind a keyboard?

The best part about terrible human beings is they can’t hide who they are. No matter how much virtue signaling and talking about their Christianity, their true colors always shine through.

Good luck on you death wish dude… and yes you’re a dude.

Reactions: Zissou87
I honestly have never looked up his dad's involvement with UK, I just feel that no parent with good morals would have allowed that to happen. If you don't mind my asking, what did he say?
I can’t remember exactly but it was along the lines of “we will do what Cal wants to do”. And “he will be back in the fall”.

Doesn’t overly mattered. Lied like cheap carpet.

• Angry
Reactions: NociHTTP

It’s all good man. That’s not the first time someone has said Vanderbilt quit though and it’s been refuted all over the place. So when somebody says it it tends to irk people.

Sharpe and Khalil def quit on the team though.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Wishes a short miserable life on a kid for going pro and not entertaining him at UK, then talks about morals. You can’t make this stuff up.

Reactions: thatoneguy285
Some will not like this but alot of the credit goes to the staff for creating an atmosphere like they do. The player certainly has to have an open mind to this, but the staff has a lot of convincing to do.

Ego less athletics cannot be an easy achievement....we aren't in a "we" society, it is all of "me" now.

Kid showed that ttitu
AB has struggled some this year, but he’s won me over with his attitude.

That “team first” attitude is contagious, and sulking is also contagious.

There’s a ton of outside pressure on top rated players to quickly get to the NBA, and several people in their camp think only about the player and not the team.

I think AB set the tone early of genuinely caring about his fellow big men and other teammates. Reeves didn’t look overly thrilled down the stretch sitting on the bench. (I don’t think it was Cal’s original plan, nor am I saying Reeves was sulking.) It was simply just strange and I don’t think he knew how to respond at first.

With a minute to go it was obvious he wasn’t returning to the game when Edwards made a big basket. The camera showed Reeves celebrating with Bradshaw and others as they were hooping it up and waving their towels. I give Bradshaw credit for creating that culture of celebrating and caring about other players.

I want to see all UK players succeed. But, AB is winning a special place. I’d like to see him have a very big game as we head down the stretch!
Kid showed that instant attitude from the start too so its real. gotta root for him. showed a little attitude in his game the other day too which is what he needed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT