ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Hurley

Reading the thread about tomorrow’s officials got me thinking about the rooferee. I fell into a YouTube hole of his most crooked calls and stumbled upon this video of him ejecting Bobby Hurley a few years ago. I remembered this moment, but hadn’t realized it was Higgins that did it. Here’s the video:

Rooferee ejects Bobby Hurley

Now… I hated him. But Bobby Hurley. Tough, fearless competitor. Coached by two hall of famers (his own dad being one). Deadly in transition. Jason Williams before Jason Williams. Made everyone around him better. Made Laettner look like Larry Bird. Two time NCAA champ. Knows the mindset (and talent) that it takes to win it.

It’s clear watching Hurley that Higgins had been under his skin early and often. He called the SOB out for what he is, gets tossed, and walks off the court crowing like a rooster because he KNOWS Higgins is bullshit and so does the whole building. I loved the cheer he got. Hurley is no bullshit. He’s a little dude that doesn’t have short man’s syndrome. He’s confident. I seriously wonder what a guy like Hurley could do at a school with the resources of UK. One thing’s for damned sure… we wouldn’t have to worry about X’s and O’s, legit confidence, or mental toughness of the players.
Reactions: CatPatrick13

Proud of my team.

It’s been a long season of ups and (mostly) downs. But I am PROUD of this team and their effort tonight. I’m not overly optimistic but I do believe this team can make a run. Oscar, JT, and REEVES gave a stellar effort tonight. Thank you all for lifting my spirit tonight, it was much needed.

We’lll FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT for the blue and white!!!!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT