ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs Kansas Official Game Thread**

when did he make them? he was 3-17 from 3. he literally shot UK out of the game chucking 3 after 3.
I don't know what game you were watching. At the end, Reeves took several shots because no one else who should have been taking them attempted a shot except for the one horrible shot that Shep took. I assume he lost track of time.

You are absolutely correct. I don’t see Reed taking a shot like that again, I actually think Edwards and Wagner are much better than tonight. It ducks yo lose but this team is really good and with some size and maturity can be special.
I can't say that they are better than the way they played tonight, but I can certainly say that they aren't worse than they played tonight because they couldn't possibly have played any worse. The game started with two easy opportunities for Edwards to score and he blew both attempts. After that, he played the rest of the game holding his head down while sulking.

Harris reminded of what Norvell did to us with Kansas State.
Add him to the ever growing list including Devon Downey, the dude from St Peter’s, the other k state player from the other tournament game, cleanthony early…..

Self was the main difference. 2nd half was much more like the first 4 minutes of the game. Our guys played hard. We will have to see how we do in our next big test.
Whats funny, Cal went away from the "Random" basketball down the stretch. He wanted to put his lets drive around and wait till the end of the clock and put up a shot style. Self just let his guys run through a big that we had no answer for in the game. If we doubled he found a way to reverse the ball. If we did not double or the double was late it looked like Chris Weber playing against Jared Pricket. We will get better but this team should never take their foot off the gas. Ever.

Add him to the ever growing list including Devon Downey, the dude from St Peter’s, the other k state player from the other tournament game, cleanthony early…..
It took the dude like 2 full seconds to get his shot off. We let the guy score 8 in a row late in the game. did not try to fight over a screen. He did nothing special (besides hit practice shots) we just did not adjust to a guy going 5 for 5 on set shots.

Zone? That'd be idiotic. Zone stops the drives, not the threes. We are up because of 9 three pointers.
Drives and penetration create the threes bud. The don/t come from reversing the ball around the perimeter. And you can match easier on the perimeter in a match up zone than you can man to man because your aren't chasing getting screened out of position. Everybody has this notion that a zone is like your junior pro coach taught where you stand on a spot with your arms up.

You can chart it with any team, there are way more threes given up in man than zone.

I don't know about that. You just have to look at Syracuse under Boehiem. Every single year they ranked towards the bottom in the number of threes attempted by the opposition. I'm looking at their team sheet on Kenpom from 1998 to 2003. The entire column is blue lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT