ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL ARKANSAS @ KENTUCKY GAME THREAD••

Reeves sat the last 6 minutes ? Hard to believe our season long best player and one who had 22 pts on 8/10 from the field was not even in the game when we made that comeback and pulled away.

Pretty shocking really that Cal kept him on the bench.

It’s crazy but hard to argue the result…we went from down three to just taking over the game and winning it convincingly.

I hung tough and didn’t go to radio. Just was either too pissed or too stubborn. 😂
I tried but could feel my heart starting to do it's thing. So I couldn't. But I'm glad you were able to hang in there. Being either pissed or stubborn must have worked 🤣, because they needed all the positive vibes they could get...and it worked!! I didn't think I was going to be able to come back. But I did what the docs told me to and I'm glad because I didn't want to miss anything.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

If you don't understand why allowing Arkansas to score 100 points is bad, you aren't out of touch. You simply know nothing about power 5 basketball. You are probably just happy we have a team.
Bad and embarrassing are different. I have team and don't run them down when they're not doing well.

If that embarrasses you ,maybe I am out of touch.
It absolutely is an embarrassment 1SG. It was a great close out to the game but we were playing a .500 team at home and it took a super hero effort the last few minutes to pull it out. Its nice to know this team can battle at the end and win but I can’t say I have a lot of confidence right now.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
How is going on a 34-15 run to end the game dumb? Lmao, Arkansas was out of wind and they kept the hot lineup in, there was nothing wrong with that
If we went on a 34-15 run to beat Huston, KU, Connecticut, etc. that would be something to really celebrate. However, having to do that against Arkansas at home is just another example of CCC being CCC.

Reactions: ala_kat2
If you don't understand why allowing Arkansas to score 100 points is bad, you aren't out of touch. You simply know nothing about power 5 basketball. You are probably just happy we have a team.

It's bad but I'm not sure what you want it to be at this point. They're a fluke buzzer beater away from having won 6 in a row, including @MSU @Auburn and Bama..I mean..would you rather be Kansas right now?

Yeah I hope he gets it back. But, he looked the same he's looked since the Florida home game where he was first really off (and we think that was because of the back issues).
Backs can be tricky based on experience and it won't be easy to catch back up to game speed. The way Thiero and Edwards are playing there's no rush.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
It's bad but I'm not sure what you want it to be at this point. They're a fluke buzzer beater away from having won 6 in a row, including @MSU @Auburn and Bama..I mean..would you rather be Kansas right now?
I want to see a team that appears ready for March Madness instead of a team that is still struggling to beat bad teams. This team can't keep relying on scoring 100+ points against every opponent to win, especially during the tourney.

It absolutely is an embarrassment 1SG. It was a great close out to the game but we were playing a .500 team at home and it took a super hero effort the last few minutes to pull it out. Its nice to know this team can battle at the end and win but I can’t say I have a lot of confidence right now.
We are everybody's super bowl. I told my dad Arkansas was going to beat a GOOD team this yr. after we beat them there. I thought it was going to be us at different points in the game. But I am not embarrassed at all by our team. It's all in fun and we all love the Cats.

Last edited:
Reactions: southvillecat
Reeves sat the last 6 minutes ? Hard to believe our season long best player and one who had 22 pts on 8/10 from the field was not even in the game when we made that comeback and pulled away.

Well Cal had to play Shep and Rob and wasn’t pulling his boy so Reeves it is in his mind.

I want to see a team that appears ready for March Madness instead of a team that is still struggling to beat bad teams. This team can't keep relying on scoring 100+ points against every opponent to win, especially during the tourney.

No one's great this year. After the top 3, everyone 4-20 has 6-9 losses. Everyone's losing. With the portal, everyone has players now. Like..I'll take being 5-1 in the last 6 games with 3 quad 1 wins. I'll take it all day long.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
Bad and embarrassing are different. I have team and don't run them down when they're not doing well.
It isn't the team that isn't doing well; it is our idiot coach. Their defensive struggles are too extensive to be anything other than coaching. If Z played for KU, he would be one of the first 5 players drafted.

Reactions: ala_kat2
To be fair…Arky played out of their minds today. They won’t again
Still shouldn’t have allowed 100 pts

Good to win though

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
No one's great this year. After the top 3, everyone 4-20 has 6-9 losses. Everyone's losing. With the portal, everyone has players now. Like..I'll take being 5-1 in the last 6 games with 3 quad 1 wins. I'll take it all day long.
l am not a fan of everyone. I am a fan of UK. I don't care that others aren't doing well. We have the greatest collection of talent in college basketball this season while having a coach who doesn't know what to do with it.

Reeves only 2 3pt FGA??!!
Hard to shoot when not in the game shocking he sat the final 6 or 7 minutes despite being 8/10 from field with 22 pts not sure I seen that before someone playing that well riding pine in crunch time of a close game not to mention he has been our best player this year.

To be fair…Arky played out of their minds today. They won’t again
Still shouldn’t have allowed 100 pts

Good to win though
Every team plays out of their minds against our sorry "a" defense.

l am not a fan of everyone. I am a fan of UK. I don't care that others aren't doing well. We have the greatest collection of talent in college basketball this season while having a coach who doesn't know what to do with it.

Reading this board you wouldn't think so. Everyone apparently sucks except Reed lmao.

Cal probably forgot about him, or he didn’t like his defense late. The way Dilly was scoring and distributing to Big Z, it was easy to leave Reeves on the bench.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Need UT to win right?
It probably doesn't matter. We need bama and UT to lose 2 games though.

Bama to UT and FL and UT to SC and UK. Doubtful all of that happens.

So I hope bama destroys UT because nothing sucks like a big orange.
We would be better off if Alabama wins because then we have a chance to beat Tennessee.

Reactions: bbncal02
good win but smdh—give up 102 points at home? ain’t gonna win six in a row in the tourny on offense alone.
ark 27/28 at the ft line—impressive
Probably (very probably) true. But this team is still fun to watch, especially when they get rolling, right?

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT