ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL TEXAS A&M VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD *****

As fans, we are extremely disappointed. Some of the players, they are unhappy about not getting the positive headlines, but as for the hurting because they lost the game, I seriously doubt if they lose any sleep over it. I think someone posted a couple days ago that our coach said he really didn't care about this tourney. If he actually said that, his players believed him and played that way.
They are now one loss away from the NBA.

Reactions: blubo
I’ll say it again… John Calipari is the greatest underachiever in college basketball. Nobody has done less with more talent, NOBODY! CALIPARI NEEDS TO BE FIRED BEFORE HE LEAVES THE ARENA TONIGHT!
and there was a time that i believed nobody would ever take that title from dean smith. cal has it in spades

I feel so bad for the players!!! Piss poor game preparation!!!! Piss poor in game adjustments!!!!!! CAL CAN’T ADJUST A HIGH BALL SCREEN!!!!!!!!! Pee wee basketball Coaching!!!!!!!!

This is where I'm at and have been since Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe. I'm just so happy to have seen a team overcome his coaching, a good team, and the officials to win a title in 2012, and watching that platooning lineup dominate to the point they beat anything thrown at them (until Cal inexplicably curb-stomped a slam dunk 2nd title all on his own).

We've gotten to watch some great players handcuffed by his "coaching" over the years. So for that I'm thankful. Now, if someone he truly respects would actually be honest with him and tell him publicly how much he sucks, and show him how much talent he's wasted, I would appreciate it, and maybe he'd be too embarrassed to keep on.

I kid, because I know his ego would never accept such a critique.

I think Edwards has to be the one . He’s the X factor . He doesn’t have to have 30 but going from where he has been to 2 pts tonight is disappointing .
I am not upset with Edwards about a bad scoring game; it happens which is why championships aren't won without a good defense. They scored enough points to win if they would simply play average defense. This is what you have to deal with when you have a team full of 5-star athletes. You don't have anyone willing to do the dirty work and if he is on the team, our coach doesn't play him. Besides Reeves offensively, our portal players are below the rim guys who give us nothing. We will never win another NC with a team full of 5-stars as long as we have our current coach.

I usually am numb but like you this time I found myself pissed off. Ignorantly bought into this team after some really big wins and thought this team was different. We would finally see them turn the corner with the whole team back together for the first time. Still just as sorry defensively as ever at the wrong time.

The TEAM IS different. The coach is still doing his thing, though, and it affects the team.

I am not upset with Edwards about a bad scoring game; it happens which is why championships aren't won without a good defense. They scored enough points to win if they would simply play average defense. This is what you have to deal with when you have a team full of 5-star athletes. You don't have anyone willing to do the dirty work and if he is on the team, our coach doesn't play him. Besides Reeves offensively, our portal players are below the rim guys who give us nothing. We will never win another NC with a team full of 5-stars as long as we have our current coach.
I agree but I have given up on the defensive side against guards like A&M. Our only hope is to outscore folks . If they haven’t locked in Defensively by now I doubt they will in the tournament.

I still think that this team could or could've won a title, if they collectively had the cahones to stand up to their coach the way the 1998 team did. They could overcome his coaching like the 2012 team did. I really believe they could.

We can't shoot as poorly, be so reckless/sloppy, and the officials would have to call a fair tourney, but it could still happen.

This is exactly what they are thinking about.

Which is what did in his first team here. They talent was ready to move on to the pros. They'd had enough of Cal and his smothering by that last weekend and it showed in their body language, imo.

Will Cal still gamble not starting his best players? Will he play a zone against guards we can't stay in front of? Hard to fathom a team of three stars with mostly role type players and much shorter than us play harder and want it more. There were several times I thought we got fouled with no call. Why we just have to beat the crap out of a team to take the refs out. If it is close a lot to overcome. Just pathetic to have talent like this and look like that.

Reactions: Girthang
I agree but I have given up on the defensive side against guards like A&M. Our only hope is to outscore folks . If they haven’t locked in Defensively by now I doubt they will in the tournament.
I have given up on the team from the standpoint of winning an NC. For the last two games, I simply record the game and watch it after it is over with. I am unwilling to stress myself out watching these guys give a half ass effort. What good is extreme talent when it goes unused? Also, what good is a coach when he is unable to come up with some unstoppable offensive plays to use when playground ball doesn't work?

I just don't get Z. He played with men before coming here yet he plays at time with very little passion if it has nothing to do with offense.

When we get a man for a head coach, maybe he'll respond better

Will Cal still gamble not starting his best players? Will he play a zone against guards we can't stay in front of? Hard to fathom a team of three stars with mostly role type players and much shorter than us play harder and want it more. There were several times I thought we got fouled with no call. Why we just have to beat the crap out of a team to take the refs out. If it is close a lot to overcome. Just pathetic to have talent like this and look like that.
Our coach knows it makes no sense to not start our best players because he subbed them in quicker tonight than he ever has. He is simply more interested in being right than getting it right.

You know what the hell I'm talking about. We all know this is a different team every year here.

Yep. I wasn't disagreeing. I'm talking about the team being different from the struggles early in the season. I saw some reversion tonight, but that's on the coach not having them prepared.

Kentucky is most likely a 4 seed now, if Kentucky gets Mcneese st I’m 100 picking Mcneese state to beat them

Thought the same thing just from the way we played in the 1st half, regardless of outcome, and was hoping they'd come back extra strong in the 2nd half and dominate somehow. But no

I have given up on the team from the standpoint of winning an NC. For the last two games, I simply record the game and watch it after it is over with. I am unwilling to stress myself out watching these guys give a half ass effort. What good is extreme talent when it goes unused? Also, what good is a coach when he is unable to come up with some unstoppable offensive plays to use when playground ball doesn't work?
I honestly don’t know how to feel about this team . I’m with you I can’t see them winning a NC. They have won every game I expected a loss in though . The problem is they will be favorited the first weekend and those are the games we have been losing this year .

What do our bigs contribute ? I see NOTHING. It's been like that basically all season. I mean, they contribute nothing, zip, zilch..hell, they contribute to the other teams more than they do UK..turnovers, fouls, non existent defense, no rim protection whatsoever, etc...even backcourt heavy teams get at least some postives from their big/bigs. The development (or lack thereof) of our bigs has been absolutely atrocious. That's on Cal and the coaching staff.

I honestly don’t know how to feel about this team . I’m with you I can’t see them winning a NC. They have won every game I expected a loss in though . The problem is they will be favorited the first weekend and those are the games we have been losing this year .
The problem is the guy coaching them. Nothing will change until he's gone.

Being the favorite means nothing to this team. They were the favorite tonight. There is no way this team is willing to play hard enough on defense for 6 straight games.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
This is why I said we need more proven transfers. With most of the team freshmen some will crack or be no shows in big games. Two or three top freshmen is probably about right to win it all if you have a couple of sophomores, a couple of juniors and a couple of seniors as kind of a guide.

And, have to have a coach where the championship is top priority. If the coaches heart is on individuals and not team we see what happens.

I hate to say, but there is nothing about the way Dilly plays that makes me think he gives a rat's butt about this team. He is more interested in getting his offensive numbers than anything else. There is no way that he should be as bad on defense as he is with his athleticism.

I still think that this team could or could've won a title, if they collectively had the cahones to stand up to their coach the way the 1998 team did. They could overcome his coaching like the 2012 team did. I really believe they could.

We can't shoot as poorly, be so reckless/sloppy, and the officials would have to call a fair tourney, but it could still happen.
No way. Not with the way they play D. No way.

I just don't get Z. He played with men before coming here yet he plays at time with very little passion if it has nothing to do with offense.
Agree. He is awful on defense. He reacts to block a shot after the ball has already gone through the net. Pitiful.

When you build around frosh then tonight is what you get. We will lose early in the NCAAT and it will finally put the failed Cal era to its long overdue end.

Reactions: Girthang
I’m calling it a season . i just don’t suffer fools well. There is a very true saying that there is no fool like an old fool . And we have one for a coach .
Really smart to not start your best players. Always give three other team an eight point advantage . Where in the is MB and Eli in all of this ?
MB needs to visit Cal and say you WILL start your best team or I will find a way to fire you .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT