ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Bama vs Kentucky Game Thread *****

Only negative takeaway from today is we still let Bama put up over 90, we won by a lot but giving up that many points has been a trend and sometimes haunts us
Yeah it sucks but they honestly just stopped trying, they played decent defense aside from the last minutes

My back of the envelope calculation gave an estimate of 79 possessions in the game.

Alabama: 1.20 PPP
Kentucky: 1.48 PPP

Defending was optional today lol

It was an absolute owning of Bama. They shot 57% from the field and never had a chance to win.
No doubt, the team and fanbase needed a win like this for sure. I’m just laughing at the last 6 mins because Kentucky didn’t attempt to play any form of defense at all lol, but they still dominated.

Reactions: 2Dope15
Maybe I’m wrong but I’d have to think a game like this is why a guy like Burks/Hopkins transfer. He should’ve been in a long time ago.
I’ve been thinking this for the last half hour. At minimum Burks should have been in with 10 minutes left in the game. As a player, if you wait until the last minute or two before putting me in it just pisses me off even more. I’d rather not even go in.

It’s different if the player isn’t good but Burks has shown real potential and skill. He would be needed next year and losing him would hurt, assuming Cal is even here.

Reactions: ck-2
Up big it’s tough to stay locked in all game for any team especially a team this young.

Also Bama is a good offensive team . They are going to score
They were playing so well before I was ready to post that I decided that I wouldn't post until after the game. Edwards was completely under control the entire game. Not one time did he drive into trouble. He was as smooth as butter today.

Up big it’s tough to stay locked in all game for any team especially a team this young.

Also Bama is a good offensive team . They are going to score
The only reason it's tough is because Cal teaches them to take the air out of the ball, get out of their rhythm, and have to settle for desperation shots at the end of the shot clock. Why does anyone think that is a good thing to teach your players? He has this antequated notion of not rubbing it in. It teaches your players bad habits and takes their aggresiveness away, and robs them of just playing with joy. It's by far the thing I hate most about Cal.

Ivisic is insanely skilled offensively
A huge thing in the tournament is if we get a draw that lets him play big minutes like he did tonight. We have a rotation that lets us flex, but today let us see that we’re at our best when Ivisic can get out and play. It’s not something I’m counting on still as Bama was really unimpressive on defense, but it was nice to see another big performance from Z. UK just has a ton of weapons, and that’s why no one has been able to write them off just yet.

Z is easily our best big man and it isn't even close.
I think that is completely dependent on what type of game it is. We have certainly eliminated Bradshaw from the picture though. Hopefully Mitchell comes back near 100% and we play him at the 5 with Ugo and Z playing spot minutes. We can't rebound any worse than we have so just play Mitchell at the 5.

Reactions: 1war and cathouse
Edwards was incredible. And can we please get more big Z? That behind back bounce pass in traffic f half...didn't get the score but was another one of those smooth, fluid moves that looked so natural, because it is.

Reactions: cathouse
Glad to see you give him his props . Happy for the kid
I will always give a kid props when he plays as well and unselfishly as Edwards did. Everything he did was in the flow of the game. He didn't force a single shot and he didn't hesitate in passing the ball when a teammate had a better shot. He played today like a player who realized that if he gives up the ball and reposition for an open look, the ball will come back to him. It was a total game for him and not just because he didn't miss a shot.

Last edited:
Kentucky offense.
images

The only reason it's tough is because Cal teaches them to take the air out of the ball, get out of their rhythm, and have to settle for desperation shots at the end of the shot clock. Why does anyone think that is a good thing to teach your players? He has this antequated notion of not rubbing it in. It teaches your players bad habits and takes their aggresiveness away, and robs them of just playing with joy. It's by far the thing I hate most about Cal.

The thing is, you see this in all major sports. When teams get big leads, lots and lots of them go into protect mode. I don't like it, but there has to be some analytic reason for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT