ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs Kansas Official Game Thread**

When your point guard spends most of his time trying to create his own shot, it never ends well. Not only does Wagne struggle from outside, he can't even make a layup after beating his man.

Dilly played very well, no question, but he is not disciplined on defense and it really hurt us late in the second half. He gambles way too much ... reminds me of Hagans, that way. He needs to play lockdown defense, in addition to scoring.
Dillingham is the least of my worries about this team. He’ll figure that out. I just hope our lottery picks can learn to play and our Sr shooter can actually shoot the ball in a big game.

As good as Dilly was in the 1st half, he kinda blew it in the 2nd.

Other guys didn’t step up either. But man, you can’t go under those screens with a dude that wasn’t missing. And then the forced airball 3.
Just seen too many bad shots, turnovers, etc late in big games.

Hope you enjoyed this one. We enjoyed denying you a national championship in 2012.
That was Bill’s 9th-best KU team, statistically, per KenPom. The fact that KU even had a CHANCE at the end of that game is laughable, and says more about Calipari’s coaching than it does Self’s.

Nice job being 1-6 in your last seven Champions Classics.

That was Bill’s 9th-best KU team, statistically, per KenPom. The fact that KU even had a CHANCE at the end of that game is laughable, and says more about Calipari’s coaching than it does Self’s.

Nice job being 1-6 in your last seven Champions Classics.

KU never had a chance in that game🤣. They got no closer than 5 points. It was a 15 point game with a little less than 5 to go. Congrats on the moral victory though.

I love him and Sheppard, but they both gamble too much on defense. You might get away with that against the cupcakes. But it won’t work when you’re playing legit schools.
Had no choice. If you noticed, we were slightly (massively) over matched on the front line. Pressure on the ball was the only chance. Damn near worked.

Reactions: gharding07
Definitely concerning.
After Dilly went off, I posted this question. How long would it take before Wagner started throwing up bad shots in an attempt to match Dilly's production? It happened as soon as Wagner returned to the game. Dilly and Shep are much better players than Wagner. Wagner is half the player that his father and grandfather were.

Last edited:
You know I’m proud of the effort.

But people want to know how come we keep coming up short in these big games. Everyone is talking about hero ball but honestly sometimes you need that at the end of these things. You need a go to guy that’s going to be reliable to come up big.

Harris hit back to back 3s when KU needed them the most.

Reeves couldn’t buy one.

Going forward someone is going to have to be that guy. I think Reeves is a good role player but he’s not the one IMO. I’m not sure Dillingham is either. He seems a bit out of control at times.

This team needs to find that one or two guys. Because if not any close game we are in we might find ourselves on the wrong side.

Everyone else has made strong points and SIAP but what the **** was with Schulman and Bilas tonight? This was a far more entertaining and exciting game and those 2 were doing a ****ing Andy Kaufmann like bit about "The Big Lebowski". That opening game sucked in terms of pace, excitement and play. This is simple-if you don't want to be in Chicago late to highlight the sport, don't be there. Let someone who has some enthusiasm for the game and sport call the game. What a horrible broadcast for an entertaining game. Can see why neutral fans hate CBB and maybe it was just me -but those 2 seemed to want to audition for open mic night far more than doing this game.

Of course everyone comes out Cal can’t coach this on Cal. I will be honest there are times when he has done some stupid things, but this game is not on him. This is on having no inside presence, and making freshman playing their third game mistakes. We have someone who can even put their hands up strait on HD and he gets half of that maybe. Even Oscar last year embarrassed him in London. So I know everyone loves to be negative but I would question your basketball IQ. This teams has all of the pieces with three seven footers that can win a national championship. I know the really clever individuals out there will say except a coach that can actually coach or we won’t see anyone play. Give it a rest. Cal has changed his game up and we will have them play. Everyone needs to take a step back and realize this game was the third game of the season with mainly freshman and without 3 really good players.
My complaint with Cal tonight was that he gave Wagner way too many minutes and his dumb strategy to allow the kid to take uncontested 3 point shots. Yes, that was Cal's strategy because no matter who was guarding him they sagged off of him when he had the ball behind the arc.

We stopped sharing the ball the last several minutes. Then a few guy’s having terrible games didn’t help. Not to mention are big guys all on the bench. Once we get a couple of the big guys back we will be hard to beat.

We stopped sharing the ball the last several minutes. Then a few guy’s having terrible games didn’t help. Not to mention are big guys all on the bench. Once we get a couple of the big guys back we will be hard to beat.
I'm not sure we get any of them back.

I think you are forgetting the last time we played Kansas in Lawrence. I know the response will be but St. Peter’s which sucked really bad but we were so depleted from injury at that point.
Sure but Kentucky had this game in control multiple times tonight and had multiple chances to put it away and didnt. Kentucky should be 3-0 right now

The fact KU “Even had a CHANCE” should concern the mess out of you. Obviously you’re a troll( I will still bite) but Kansas is near its ceiling. That would concern me if I were a KU fan. Marquette might win by 20 in Hawaii. KU won’t improve and Kentucky is near its low.

Can’t recall another team that has had as many suspicious injuries starting back with Vanderbilt.

Bradshaw for instance. Does he have a Lisfranc injury? That would shed some light on his absence. We don't know though because for some reason the greatest fanbase in the world doesn't deserve to know. It shouldnt take so long just heal a regular every day broken foot bone.

Reactions: UKortho
I have seen enough of the Wagner show. He is already showing himself as one of the most selfish players to play at UK. There is no doubt that he gave Kansas the game.
That but that 3 possesion stretch from when they went up 81-75 is terrible, dillingham was bad that whole stretch, he went under twice on a guy having a career night

Reactions: gharding07
Sure but Kentucky had this game in control multiple times tonight and had multiple chances to put it away and didnt. Kentucky should be 3-0 right now
You are absolutely correct. I don’t see Reed taking a shot like that again, I actually think Edwards and Wagner are much better than tonight. It ducks yo lose but this team is really good and with some size and maturity can be special.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
That but that 3 possesion stretch from when they went up 81-75 is terrible, dillingham was bad that whole stretch, he went under twice on a guy having a career night
He was playing the guy the way Cal told him to. Everyone who guarded the invited him to take the shot because until tonight, he wasn't even attempting those shots, but at some point, Cal should have changed that strategy after he had made 4 without a miss. Also, Dilly did so many good things tonight that it easy to overlook his few mistakes.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
You are absolutely correct. I don’t see Reed taking a shot like that again, I actually think Edwards and Wagner are much better than tonight. It ducks yo lose but this team is really good and with some size and maturity can be special.
I really wanted this one tonight I brought in. They get 3 games to work things out and then play Miami, they have to beat Miami

Reactions: UKortho
He was playing the guy the way Cal told him to. Everyone who guarded the invited him to take the shot because until tonight, he wasn't even attempting those shots, but at some point, Cal should have changed that strategy after he had made 4 without a miss.
After he made the one to cut it to a 3 point game, cal should have told them to stop going under every time

Reactions: LmdCat
You’ve lost six of your last eight to Kansas.
That's ok. Y'all mfs always in trouble. Having to forfeit games and shit. You sure all 6 of them counted? Or can you keep up with it yourself? Wat about that 30 point thrashing we give you in the phog 2 yrs ago. Did that count? Just wondering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT