ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs Kansas Official Game Thread**

Self was the main difference. 2nd half was much more like the first 4 minutes of the game. Our guys played hard. We will have to see how we do in our next big test.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
Even if we stick to our guns and run them off the floor in that 2nd half, I never once think about trolling the KU boards.

Act like you've been there before. 🤣

They started the game by talking about Edwards could possibly be the number one overall pick of the draft. Lol, if not for the mistakes that he made, I wouldn't have realized that he even played tonight.

No moral victories but happy to see them fight when they could have folded. Should have won anyway but give us a big and we win this one.

Of course everyone comes out Cal can’t coach this on Cal. I will be honest there are times when he has done some stupid things, but this game is not on him. This is on having no inside presence, and making freshman playing their third game mistakes. We have someone who can even put their hands up strait on HD and he gets half of that maybe. Even Oscar last year embarrassed him in London. So I know everyone loves to be negative but I would question your basketball IQ. This teams has all of the pieces with three seven footers that can win a national championship. I know the really clever individuals out there will say except a coach that can actually coach or we won’t see anyone play. Give it a rest. Cal has changed his game up and we will have them play. Everyone needs to take a step back and realize this game was the third game of the season with mainly freshman and without 3 really good players.

In general I am a Calipari fan but even those that are Cal supporters have to admit that he makes really weird substitutions and plays the highly ranked guys even when they are stinking up the place. Plus, at some point, you have to question why injuries somehow at UK take waaay longer to resolve than they should. Kentucky is supposed to set the bar, not be a chaser. We are looking up at other blue bloods right now—sucks!

If we had at least one of our 7 footers, Hunter wouldn't have been noticeable tonight. He had such a height advantage that he should have been able to score.

Up 5 with 3 to play only to lose by 5, sucks to lose like that. Coaching and youth didn't help, but still sucks.

Cal should probably just leave the building during the last 5 minutes as UK's ability to close games out especially the last 5 minutes has been painful for years now.

You guys are fricken good. Great speed,pace of game. You can shoot the 3. Once you guys get your 7 footers in you'll be very tough.

Don't be negative on your team, Kentucky basketball is back.
Not down on them, but we’re all tired of losing every big game, we never get them anymore

Reactions: gharding07
You guys are fricken good. Great speed,pace of game. You can shoot the 3. Once you guys get your 7 footers in you'll be very tough.

Don't be negative on your team, Kentucky basketball is back.
We're negative on our hall of lame, "no lead is safe" coach

Reactions: CROCAT
Very frustrating and I’m not a “moral victory” guy, but I will this game at least showed we have the talent to play with any team in the country and have a ton of room to improve and get some big guys healthy

Dilly played very well, no question, but he is not disciplined on defense and it really hurt us late in the second half. He gambles way too much ... reminds me of Hagans, that way. He needs to play lockdown defense, in addition to scoring.
I love him and Sheppard, but they both gamble too much on defense. You might get away with that against the cupcakes. But it won’t work when you’re playing legit schools.

I'm encouraged by most of what I saw tonight. Don't forget how many young minutes we play. Kansas is what they are. We will improve a lot by March.

Lots of learning from this game. I wish we had won but this close loss to top ranked Kansas may actually be better for the team.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
It's rarely one game with Cal. We will probably lose 4 or 5 before conference because of poor shooting and no inside game (if we don't get at least 2 of these guys back soon). We will be going into Christmas hoping Camp Cal actually does something this year.
Thats a ton of negative conjecture.

Reactions: gharding07
Dilly played very well, no question, but he is not disciplined on defense and it really hurt us late in the second half. He gambles way too much ... reminds me of Hagans, that way. He needs to play lockdown defense, in addition to I
Not down on them, but we’re all tired of losing every big game, we never get them anymore
I think you are forgetting the last time we played Kansas in Lawrence. I know the response will be but St. Peter’s which sucked really bad but we were so depleted from injury at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT