ADVERTISEMENT

Will UK or Duke get the last 3 seed?

Kuhldaddy

Junior
Nov 17, 2003
What are the 'experts" saying? I've seen contrasting predictions. What does everyone think? We got better wins but worse losses. I think Baylor is the only real good team Duke has defeated.

Don't care, doesn't matter. We don't score 100 ANY TOURNEY TESM BEATS US. We got worst and most overrated coach in D1 basketball on sidelines

Reactions: dcw62
We should be be ahead of Duke in the bracket regardless of what seed that means. I’ll be referencing NET in the next paragraph.

Kentucky has lost to 118 UNCW. Duke has lost to 127 Georgia Tech and 115 Arkansas. Kentucky has beaten 5 Auburn, 6 Tennessee, 7 UNC, 9 Alabama. Duke has beaten 14 Baylor, 25 Michigan State, and nobody else in the top 35.

We have more good wins, better good wins, more recent good wins, and Duke has worse losses than us. I don’t understand why this is a conversation that needs to be had.

If Auburn & Illinois lose than I think both get 3 seeds, if one of the 2 loses which is what will probably happen, I think it’s a coin flip and they will probably give it to Duke. But Kentucky should get it over Duke if it comes to that

We should be be ahead of Duke in the bracket regardless of what seed that means. I’ll be referencing NET in the next paragraph.

Kentucky has lost to 118 UNCW. Duke has lost to 127 Georgia Tech and 115 Arkansas. Kentucky has beaten 5 Auburn, 6 Tennessee, 7 UNC, 9 Alabama. Duke has beaten 14 Baylor, 25 Michigan State, and nobody else in the top 35.

We have more good wins, better good wins, more recent good wins, and Duke has worse losses than us. I don’t understand why this is a conversation that needs to be had.
You are right. But given past history in the seeding, I would not be surprised if Duke is seeded higher than UK . Currently, Lunardi has them as a 3 and UK as a 4.

I think Illinois, Creighton, Baylor and UK are the 3’s right at this moment. Would be nice if Illinois and Auburn both lose today.

Good post!!! Will have no quarrel with our seeding, whether it be a 4 or 5. Be pleasantly surprised if we get a 3, but I’m just going to laugh when they seed Duke ahead of us as I know it’s coming and Kansas too.

Reactions: Cat in ga
For this year‘s edition of Duke and Kentucky, I’d look less at seed and more at whose region I’m in. You certainly wouldn’t want to be in UCONN’s region. For either teams fans, I would probably want the Purdue region.

No disrespect intended to the Boilermakers who have put together some terrific seasons the last several years only to see it all come crashing down as soon as the NCAA Tournament started. There’s a lot of psychological weight there on that squad. At this stage with their level of experience, they may handle that just fine. OR, they could tighten up once again in the NCAA Tournaments first weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT