ADVERTISEMENT

Max seed for UK?

We still had a shot at a #2 before the LSU loss but now we have to win all our games before the big tourney to get a #3. There will likely be a #1 seed with 6 losses and at least one #2 with 7 losses, could have been us but the LSU game blew that chance.
There is a 99% guarantee that EVERY 2 seed will have at least 7 losses, and it is very likely that 2 or more will have 8 losses (over their next 6-8 games).

4 seed and that’s if they win the rest of the regular season games. Would also have to go to at least the championship in the SEC tournament

There is a 99% guarantee that EVERY 2 seed will have at least 7 losses, and it is very likely that 2 or more will have 8 losses (over their next 6-8 games).
I hopy ur right. Because if spite of all the talk about strength of schedule and other metrics the seeds usually go hand in hand with the rankings, and the rankings are mainly a list of the major conference schools with the best records.

Are you saying we could still get a #2 seed with 8 losses? I don't see that; we aren't Duke or UNCheat.
You are right, we aren't Duke or UNCheat. We play in a much tougher conference, and (if we had just 8 losses on Selection Sunday) it would mean we have the resume of a 2-seed, a and likely a BETTER resume than Duke or UNC.
It would mean:
- we had won 8 straight games, 9 of 10 games, including multiple wins over NET top 10 teams (Auburn, Alabama, UT, and probably 2 of those 3 again in the SEC-T), plus possibly 1-2 more Q1 wins during that stretch.
- and that we would have gone (probably) 5-1 vs those 3 Top 10 NET teams.
- all of that added to an earier season H2H win over UNCheat.
Also, Duke and UNCheat between them will have at least 2 more losses (vs each other), with a good chance at 3 possibly 4 more losses. Other than playing each other, neither has played a top 20 (NET or ranked) team since December.

But I think it very unlikely we run the table the next 3 weeks, or that any team not in those top 3 (UConn, Purdue, Houston) run the table. So while a 2 is possible, realistically we should be shooting for a 3.

You are right, we aren't Duke or UNCheat. We play in a much tougher conference, and (if we had just 8 losses on Selection Sunday) it would mean we have the resume of a 2-seed, a and likely a BETTER resume than Duke or UNC.
It would mean:
- we had won 8 straight games, 9 of 10 games, including multiple wins over NET top 10 teams (Auburn, Alabama, UT, and probably 2 of those 3 again in the SEC-T), plus possibly 1-2 more Q1 wins during that stretch.
- and that we would have gone (probably) 5-1 vs those 3 Top 10 NET teams.
- all of that added to an earier season H2H win over UNCheat.
Also, Duke and UNCheat between them will have at least 2 more losses (vs each other), with a good chance at 3 possibly 4 more losses. Other than playing each other, neither has played a top 20 (NET or ranked) team since December.

But I think it very unlikely we run the table the next 3 weeks, or that any team not in those top 3 (UConn, Purdue, Houston) run the table. So while a 2 is possible, realistically we should be shooting for a 3.
I don't think we're really in any kind of major disagreement. I know the SEC is the tougher conference but if a seed comes down to UK versus Duke or UNC with similar records...history says we'll get screwed.

A win tonight and UK is still in play for a 3 seed. A loss and our best will be a 4 and possibly a 5.

4 seed and that’s if they win the rest of the regular season games. Would also have to go to at least the championship in the SEC tournament
Sorry, but you are obviously wrong, unless you think no other top 15 teams are going to lose (unless playing each other), which has not happened all season.

Hope they do not get one of those dreaded 5-12 matchups. Think they get a 4 maybe a 3 if they run the table win the SEC Tourney.

3 seed is likely the highest. If we ran the table and won the SECT maybe a 2 seed. I know people say the SEcT doesn’t matter but with so many high rated net teams in the SEC I think it will matter this year. We would be 9-1 in the last 10 and probably a top 8 in NET depending on who we beat in sect. Something like beating two of the top 10 sec net teams would give us a massive boost. We would have 9 or 10 q1 wins.

If they were to win out, they’d get a 2. There would be people lobbying for a 1 but they’d get a two. They would have a lot of quad one wins between now and selection Sunday to win out.

Two things:

1. We are very unlikely to win out. Would need to do that to get to the 2 line. That’s 7 straight. This team ain’t doing that. Can this team go 5-2 in that stretch? Sure. Then I think at a record of 24-10 we’d be looking like a 4-5.

2. Our SOS is meh and the 4 home losses, including the UNCW greatly impact the resume. UNCW has 2 losses to awful, far below .500 teams just in the last month. That loss hurts us. They aren’t that far away from becoming a quad 4 loss. That may put our ceiling at a 3 even if we run it out by some miracle.

Geez we are doing this again ? How about let's just try to win a game vs Miss State first. You know if we lose this place is going to fall apart and the who cares about this team people and why does it matter people will be back in full force.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT