ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Twitter so positive compared to this board?

I'm not sure how many of you are twitter users, but I am and I follow like 99% UK related stuff.

Twitter is just overwhelmingly positive most of the time. Sure, they get negative when we lose. But very soon after it's on to "don't give up" "we need this next game, season is not over" "Remember the 2014 run?"

So many people are just overjoyed with the win last night. Sure, I am happy with any win but this season has been a disaster overall.

I lose followers when I call for Cal's head on Twitter.

And then on this board, and it's mainly a negative tone. I personally side more with the sentiments of this board than Twitter to be honest. However, to a degree, both represent this fan base; and both are on complete different sides of the spectrum. Twitter is way too positive, and this board can be way too negative. Am I the only one who notices this?

It's like two different worlds.
Casual vs diehard.

They’re Twitter kids who follow Calipari’s politics. They don’t know anything about the program at all.

Good point. I’m sure there are some younger in their 20’s that get it. I’m 37 and couldn’t get it more.

I hate my generation and the people under it (not all). Just so damn off putting.
Why are you so angry and miserable all the time? Man, you are a downer about everything.

Why are you so angry and miserable all the time? Man, you are a downer about everything.

Why do you support a failure of a coach and the downfall of Kentucky basketball?

And you do it constantly. You kinda suck.

the-joker-heath-ledger.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
By supporting Calipari in any form as the UK coach.

I thought you were leaving? The dorks on the main board miss your averageness.

I never said I was leaving. I’m having fun learning about your perspective. Positive vibes.

But also you defined a word by giving me the word back. You said we support Calipari by supporting Calipari. What does that mean?

I never said I was leaving. I’m having fun learning about your perspective. Positive vibes.

But also you defined a word by giving me the word back. You said we support Calipari by supporting Calipari. What does that mean?

You support a failure as coach if you support Calipari

Man you try so hard to be cool, but you just don’t have it. Try less hard, you might pass for more than average.

You support a failure as coach if you support Calipari

Man you try so hard to be cool, but you just don’t have it. Try less hard, you might pass for more than average.

I don’t think I’m very cool. I just don’t know what you mean by “supporting” Calipari. How about we just be honest and say what we think?

I don’t think I’m very cool. I just don’t know what you mean by “supporting” Calipari. How about we just be honest and say what we think?

I did. You’re just trying to play cool guy as usual. And you’re not. You’re a dork. That’s why you think you’re cool on the main board. Your post are usually cringe factor X 10. Because you try too damn hard.

Chill out and be normal, you’re an average guy trying to appear Witty. It doesn’t work. That’s why you like the main board. They’re all that way. And it doesn’t work. Again It’s cringy.

Just try and be your average self and stop. You’ll be liked more.

Reactions: BBNWildcat
I did. You’re just trying to play cool guy as usual. And you’re not. You’re a dork. That’s why you think you’re cool on the main board. Your post are usually cringe factor X 10. Because you try too damn hard.

Chill out and be normal, you’re an average guy trying to appear Witty. It doesn’t work. That’s why you like the main board. They’re all that way. And it doesn’t work. Again It’s cringy.

Just try and be your average self and stop. You’ll be liked more.
I don’t know you think I’m cool man but I’ll take it.

But also I don’t know what my coolness has to do with anything we are talking about. That’s an ad hominem argument.

I don’t know you think I’m cool man but I’ll take it.

But also I don’t know what my coolness has to do with anything we are talking about. That’s an ad hominem argument.

Listen that’s a little better. You’re starting to slightly come into it.

Listen that’s a little better. You’re starting to slightly come into it.
I don’t know what planet you’re on man. I was talking about Calipari and what it means to “support” Calipari…because quite frankly I think it’s total bullshit. But whatever floats your boat

I posted this on another thread this week but it fits here as well

This board has suffered from the death of discourse. The gray areas have been eliminated and everyone has taken either an extremely positive stance or an extremely negative stance. Everyone is intolerant. There’s not enough folks left in the middle for productive conversation. Every single topic is about Cal and everyone is triggered.

Reactions: YouKay
The old timers are funny. Because if you were born in the 80’s, Kentucky has had more success since that generation than any generation since people born in 40’s. I’m not even going to say 50’s because if you were born in 50’s, at best you were 8 years old when Rupp won his last title.

So it’s really millennials who are most accustomed to winning at Kentucky. Glad we have that settled

He’s a narcissist. Thinks he superior than everybody. He’s the guy that would be on the receiving end of a blanket party hosted by a few Marines.

I don’t know what planet you’re on man. I was talking about Calipari and what it means to “support” Calipari…because quite frankly I think it’s total bullshit. But whatever floats your boat

That might clear some things up. It’s really not that complicated man. He’s not using some far out, made up definition of the word “support.”

I'm not sure how many of you are twitter users, but I am and I follow like 99% UK related stuff.

Twitter is just overwhelmingly positive most of the time. Sure, they get negative when we lose. But very soon after it's on to "don't give up" "we need this next game, season is not over" "Remember the 2014 run?"

So many people are just overjoyed with the win last night. Sure, I am happy with any win but this season has been a disaster overall.

And then on this board, and it's mainly a negative tone. I personally side more with the sentiments of this board than Twitter to be honest. However, to a degree, both represent this fan base; and both are on complete different sides of the spectrum. Twitter is way too positive, and this board can be way too negative. Am I the only one who notices this?

I follow lots of UK people on Twitter and I see tons of the same stuff as on here.

Reactions: UKortho
When should we expect a tournament win, a final four, beating Kansas by more than 1 out every 4 games?

When should we expect not to get curb stomped by UT, Alabama, and have final fours taken by Auburn and Kansas St?

When should we expect to beat teams like Evansville at home?

When should we expect to come within 30 points playing Duke?

I don’t think some realize just how bad Calipari is folding this program in half.
I’ve on had one head in the sand argue with me on Twitter, the rationale was that 2 (E8), a SEC title, a tournament title, and a decent shot in 2020 that was cancelled is a good last 6 years. That any team would love that record. I then pointed out all the bad losses, the top 25 record, and not to mention those measly accomplishments aren’t UK standards. Only one I’ve found.

This site is where low IQ UK fans live.

That might clear some things up. It’s really not that complicated man. He’s not using some far out, made up definition of the word “support.”

Alright. We are making progress.

So doesn’t your point of view infer intent in other posters? In other words, we should be making posts as part of a greater agenda or movement and filter all opinions through this filter. Correct?

Furthermore, removing the bullshit, what you’re really saying is that by posting with an agenda, under some belief that being irrationally critical on a message some how removes John Calipari and makes Kentucky great again, that this is what defines support of lack or support.

And this my friend is why it’s all bullshit. Because it’s not changing anything. Furthermore, it’s a groupthink mentality that sucks the humanity and originality from everyone on the board. Nothing new is learned. There is only one idiom. John Calipari must go!

People on Twitter are younger and don’t even know that old school message boards like this exist. They’re also largely people who went to UK but don’t make UK basketball the center of their existence.

You know, normal people.

• Haha
I can't imagine what the "modern" casual fan would think of old school fans watching the History of Southern Basketball (if they even bother to watch it at all).

For me its required viewing. The video of UK fans at the airport and lining the roads for miles for the '78 team after the championship win - thats my peeps

and I suspect those are people that would be very vocal about the current state of UK basketball on social media

People on Twitter are younger and don’t even know that old school message boards like this exist. They’re also largely people who went to UK but don’t make UK basketball the center of their existence.

You know, normal people.
Lmao 🤣 this post is hilarious

I can't imagine what the "modern" casual fan would think of old school fans watching the History of Southern Basketball (if they even bother to watch it at all).

For me its required viewing. The video of UK fans at the airport and lining the roads for miles for the '78 team after the championship win - thats my peeps

and I suspect those are people that would be very vocal about the current state of UK basketball on social media
You all overthink this shit. When UK loses, fans don’t like it. When UK wins, they do. If we had a 5 game winning streak this thread wouldn’t exist despite exact same probability of success in future seasons.

I think this board is more vested in looking at support of a basketball coach like some sort of fan democracy. I don’t even know why you care if people “support” the coach. Makes your position look weak.

The only thing this message board is representative of is angry old men. You can't have a single conversation without it turning into a dumb argument about the same thing the last conversation turned into, so people just wanting to hang out left because it's not really that much fun anymore.

Only ones left are addicts like myself and people nobody wants to be around.

Reactions: Padsfs07
The only thing this message board is representative of is angry old men. You can't have a single conversation without it turning into a dumb argument about the same thing the last conversation turned into, so people just wanting to hang out left because it's not really that much fun anymore.

Only ones left are addicts like myself and people nobody wants to be around.
Angry old men? No, it’s actually the same usernames and trolls that destroy every single thread.

Reactions: UKortho
Angry old men? No, it’s actually the same usernames and trolls that destroy every single thread.
You can’t even begin to be taken seriously since anybody that doesn’t say Cal sucks is a troll in your book. LOL at you and the other thin skinned negativity spreaders that want this board trashed until you get your wish and Cal is gone. Suck it up, daisys!

You can’t even begin to be taken seriously since anybody that doesn’t say Cal sucks is a troll in your book. LOL at you and the other thin skinned negativity spreaders that want this board trashed until you get your wish and Cal is gone. Suck it up, daisys!
PS, a troll says Cal sucks 50 times a day in 30 different ways. Hypocrisy from the crybabies knows no bounds.

You’ve been banned from here 1000 times. So don’t start that bs saying that I can’t be taken seriously when you can’t take the hint that you’re not wanted somewhere.

Reactions: Gromcat and UKortho
Under Cal’s last Twitter post from 6 days ago.
17 replies.
2 Happy Birthdays!
2 spam.
13 Cal hit the road type posts!

I see the majority fed up with Cal on here, Facebook, and Twitter.

I was just going to post about what I see on Facebook which is quite different from what you say. I follow a number of UK sites on FB and they are mostly positive towards UK and Cal. Whenever I post something on any of the FB sites that might be negative towards Cal I get quite a few attacks against what I say. Like I said, I'm on many of the UK sites there and just don't see how you say they are quite fed up with Cal. Hasn't been my experience.

Reactions: wall2boogie2farmer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT