ADVERTISEMENT

A research project?

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
After the Sweet 16 is set today I would love to know the average age of the teams rosters left in the tournament. I am really not good and knowing how to do this but I am sure we have some talent on this board to do it

Probably about the same as our squad. Maybe a little older but we had two fifth year starters so I’d bet about the same. He could use the youth experience if he’d played his best lineup but the dipshit even messed that excuse up.

That’s a lot of work to compile that.

But Josh Gohlke is 24 years old and played at D2 Hillsdale College 365 days ago.

That in a nutshell shows how things have changed

As a statistician, I can tell you with a small sample size such as # players on a team or # contributing players on a team, the “average” may not be as he best statistic, as a couple of 25 yr olds can affect that a lot for what is mostly a young team. So I suggest looking at average age, AND median age, AND % of players 20+.
Also think do you want to look at the whole roster (which includes walkons), or just those that contribute (if so, how many minutes should they play?).

I'm not doing this for all of them, but the worst team by seed currently in the S16 (NC State) has an average of 4 years in college from the 7 players that played in their last game. They had 4 Graduate Students at 5 years and 3 Juniors. Averages out to 4.1 years. I didn't see any redshirts listed among them on the school site or ages. So the average age is probably 22 amongst those players.

We had 10 players play in our last game with an average of 2.0 years in college. We had 6 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores, and 2 Graduate Students. So our age is probably about 20 on average. Just for comparison, Oakland had 9 play in our game with an average of 3.7 years of college. Nearly double ours in college experience and I'd guess close to 22 years old average. In this small sample size, experience seems to win out over talent.

Reactions: megablue
I'm not doing this for all of them, but the worst team by seed currently in the S16 (NC State) has an average of 4 years in college from the 7 players that played in their last game. They had 4 Graduate Students at 5 years and 3 Juniors. Averages out to 4.1 years. I didn't see any redshirts listed among them on the school site or ages. So the average age is probably 22 amongst those players.

We had 10 players play in our last game with an average of 2.0 years in college. We had 6 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores, and 2 Graduate Students. So our age is probably about 20 on average. Just for comparison, Oakland had 9 play in our game with an average of 3.7 years of college. Nearly double ours in college experience and I'd guess close to 22 years old average. In this small sample size, experience seems to win out over talent.
It will be most interesting to see what the FF4 teams look like … strictly looking at the first 7/8 players that log the majority of minutes.

After the Sweet 16 is set today I would love to know the average age of the teams rosters left in the tournament. I am really not good and knowing how to do this but I am sure we have some talent on this board to do it
Cal has done both ways and in the end fails badcoaching always rears its ugly head no hiding it cal can't coach move on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT