ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Insiders don't believe Drew will accept UK's offer

But he’s not saying it’s from a source. He’s saying his bold prediction. It’s because Drew’s mil doesn’t want the move as she lives with them. However, apparently Drew’s godson was on trilly’s discord or whatever saying he is taking the position
You need to read the post he had on their Baylor forum kinda like KSR plus. He explains the family was a no

Reactions: Fox2monk and wfc7
I now think Drew is out. If Hurley turns Kentucky down which is likely, then Kentucky is in a very bad spot
Even if they do there's still plenty of coaches available that have a much higher trajectory than the path we were on. Still have a chance with Billy D.
Suppose we don't secure a coach from tier 1, I think Miller, Beard, Golden, or even Wade would be able to get us back in the final four within 4 years. Regardless what happens, UK basketball is getting back to being about UK basketball not a NBA farm team.

Reactions: crestcat
Yes the most trusted Baylor insider said this…… so pick who you believe. Kentucky insiders or someone close to the situation? We won’t have to wait much longer to find out who was right
That dude laid it out specific too. Said he wants to coach 5-7 more years. He gave details

Reactions: Fox2monk and wfc7
You need to read the post he had on their Baylor forum kinda like KSR plus. He explains the family was a no
I saw it. He started it with bold prediction and said Drew stays. He also said feel free to dunk on him if he’s wrong. He’s literally the only one saying it.

There were some rumors the mother in law was against it and the family was freaked out by fans tracking planes but there are more than a couple guys who not only think it’s going to be Drew but a couple said a presser tomorrow to announce it.

The “godson” on trilly’s discord was confirmed to be the real godson of Drew and he said Drew is taking it. One KY guy saying he has a source in Texas saying a presser is coming to announce Drew. Outside of ashley, everyone else seems to think Drew is the most likely decision and I believe this Ashley person is just guessing off what he heard about the MIL etc

I’d much prefer Oats,Donovan or Hurley personally but it feels like Mitch was finding reasons to move away from them and grab HIS guy. Who calls a school asking to reduce a buyout? The purpose of a buyout is if a school comes calling. And not wanting to wait on Donovan or Hurley when a couple said they think Donovan is very interested?

I don’t have a guess on it either way. I’m still holding out that sliver of hope for Hurley or Donovan. Just passing along what seems to be happening. Greg Swaim says presser this afternoon to announce Drew with Mitch. I bet we know by morning if that’s true or not

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
I don’t have a guess on it either way. I’m still holding out that sliver of hope for Hurley or Donovan. Just passing along what seems to be happening. Greg Swaim says presser this afternoon to announce Drew with Mitch. I bet we know by morning if that’s true or not
How early would you say we know by?

I wonder if there are any websites where you can bet on who will become the new head coach? I wonder what the odds are saying and how they are adjusting.

I'm just afraid of who we will get if not for Drew.
I Hurley, Donovan,Drew is my order but I will gladly take any of them

He’s not just a guy. He’s their main insider. And remember, Baylor is a tight knit, smaller Baptist University. The information they share isn’t as recycled and manipulated as some other sites. I think he’s speaking what he has been told is the truth by a very reliable, family source.
The Baylor people that I know love Baylor more than the UK alums I know love UK. So I can see how it might be incredibly difficult to leave.

not true. oats was offered job at $8mm per year. turned it down. Buyout was not an issue..nate just wanted to be in Tuscaloosa. His girls want to be in Tuscaloosa too. One is in school at Bama. this is 100% fact..believe it or not.

That’s why I said “rumor.” But you admit has something to do with the kids so who cares the details.

Thinking there was no offer and it has more to do with our ADs feelings about Nate’s response to that murder case.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That’s why I said “rumor.” But you admit has something to do with the kids so who cares the details.

Thinking there was no offer and it has more to do with our ADs feelings about Nate’s response to that murder case.
there was an offer.

I’m on Alabama side. Doesn’t matter if believe me or not but it is 100% factual. All went down Monday night before Nate put out his statement. We were worried.
KY side is saying the ad was asked to negotiate a buyout and the AD gave a firm no and it never got as far as an offer after that . Not saying either side is more accurate though because I don’t personally know. I know the presser is assumed to be early this afternoon if one does in fact take place announcing Drew

Heyo guys............... you're arguing over semantics. the 8 million a year was what an offer would be and those $$$$ numbers were discussed with all the guys we've put feelers out to... Wright, Donovan, Oats, Drew, and Hurley. so its what the offer would be if the official offer came... but only Drew and Hurley ever got word that if they wanted it, the offer is there.

If Oats was at the top of the list, UK's AD would just go back and offer 11 million a year.. and pay the buyout . if the daughters were the sticking point, im sure someone would pad their pockets as well. or the one in college....... yeah daddy doesnt need to be in alabama for her the school. its not like she's on the team

but rest easy Bama fans, we're not after Oats., the buyout isnt worth it.

not true. oats was offered job at $8mm per year. turned it down. Buyout was not an issue..nate just wanted to be in Tuscaloosa. His girls want to be in Tuscaloosa too. One is in school at Bama. this is 100% fact..believe it or not.
My daughter graduated from Bama (yea, I know, I know). The campus is nice, but Tuscaloosa...sheesh...I wouldn't want to raise a family there.

Zagoria this morning.
Now on @njdotcom

Baylor’s Scott Drew ‘in negotiations’ with Kentucky, decision expected soon

Meantime, basketball insider @trillydonovan reported that Baylor has already engaged Texas Tech's Grant McCasland about succeeding Drew at Baylor.

I feel like it’s derby morning. Just had my cofffee. Packing for the day to come. I don’t know how it’ll end, just hope I’m not too hungover.

Reactions: SophiesDad
If a man let's his mother in law dictate his life he is no man.
Actually, I think it would be the most loving, respectable and manly thing he could do. Christ so loved the church that he laid down his life, Christ chose humiliation and crucifixion.

Loving someones means sacrificing, serving and submitting. If he truly loves his MIL and she is completely against the move, the only manly thing to do would be to turn the job down.

A child's love is led by his emotions. A man's love is guided by principles. Sacrificial love and servanthood love are higher forms of love that takes maturity and leads to character.

Last edited:
Actually, I think it would be the most loving, respectable and manly thing he could do. Christ so loved the church that he laid down his life, Christ chose humiliation and crucifixion.

Loving someones means sacrificing, serving and submitting. If he truly loves his MIL and she is completely against the move, the only manly thing to do would be to turn the job down.
What Christ think about the 1-3-1 though?

Some on here are hilarious (and a bit sad). A few hours ago NOBODY had ever heard of this Baylor “insider” and now we have clowns on here going to bat for him, talking about how connected he is, how the community is religious (so overblown) and tight nit and this dude definitely knows the inside scoop. You have no damn clue WTF you are blabbing about.

Just stop already.

Some on here are hilarious (and a bit sad). A few hours ago NOBODY had ever heard of this Baylor “insider” and now we have clowns on here going to bat for him, talking about how connected he is, how the community is religious (so overblown) and tight nit and this dude definitely knows the inside scoop. You have no damn clue WTF you are blabbing about.

Just stop already.
All that you do is run around and criticize other people’s post.

Go away

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT