ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Twitter so positive compared to this board?

IndyCat1995

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2016
Tucson, AZ by way of Indiana
I'm not sure how many of you are twitter users, but I am and I follow like 99% UK related stuff.

Twitter is just overwhelmingly positive most of the time. Sure, they get negative when we lose. But very soon after it's on to "don't give up" "we need this next game, season is not over" "Remember the 2014 run?"

So many people are just overjoyed with the win last night. Sure, I am happy with any win but this season has been a disaster overall.

I lose followers when I call for Cal's head on Twitter.

And then on this board, and it's mainly a negative tone. I personally side more with the sentiments of this board than Twitter to be honest. However, to a degree, both represent this fan base; and both are on complete different sides of the spectrum. Twitter is way too positive, and this board can be way too negative. Am I the only one who notices this?

It's like two different worlds.

Because people on Twitter are morons. They are the bottom of the barrel. They are the under 25 crowd and they don’t know their head from a hole in the wall.

They want a Jim Boeheim for this program. They do not defend the program at all. They don’t know anything about the program. They like Calipari’s politics and charisma.

People on this board have been here for decades. This goes back a generation. We’re the real fans.

No one should think Twitter kids speak for this program in any way.

I'm not sure how many of you are twitter users, but I am and I follow like 99% UK related stuff.

Twitter is just overwhelmingly positive most of the time. Sure, they get negative when we lose. But very soon after it's on to "don't give up" "we need this next game, season is not over" "Remember the 2014 run?"

So many people are just overjoyed with the win last night. Sure, I am happy with any win but this season has been a disaster overall.

I lose followers when I call for Cal's head on Twitter.

And then on this board, and it's mainly a negative tone. I personally side more with the sentiments of this board than Twitter to be honest. However, to a degree, both represent this fan base; and both are on complete different sides of the spectrum. Twitter is way too positive, and this board can be way too negative. Am I the only one who notices this?

It's like two different worlds.
Pretty much the same as venturing over to the Paddock versus going outside. The former makes things look like a hellscape when it's really not.

UK is in a bad spot, no doubting that, but RR tends to make things seem worse than they really are. Just like Twitter can be full of HH types, we're really somewhere in the middle.

Pretty much the same as venturing over to the Paddock versus going outside. The former makes things look like a hellscape when it's really not.

UK is in a bad spot, no doubting that, but RR tends to make things seem worse than they really are.

When should we expect a tournament win, a final four, beating Kansas by more than 1 out every 4 games?

When should we expect not to get curb stomped by UT, Alabama, and have final fours taken by Auburn and Kansas St?

When should we expect to beat teams like Evansville at home?

When should we expect to come within 30 points playing Duke?

I don’t think some realize just how bad Calipari is folding this program in half.

Because people on Twitter are morons. They are the bottom of the barrel. They are the under 25 crowd and they don’t know their head from a hole in the wall.

They want a Jim Boeheim for this program. They do not defend the program at all. They don’t know anything about the program. They like Calipari’s politics and charisma.

People on this board have been here for decades. This goes back a generation. We’re the real fans.

No one should think Twitter kids speak for this program in any way.
That's a good point... lotta young folks who maybe don't know the history of the program and how bad it really is.

But I'm 27 and I'm tired of this ish lol

Can't fix stupid

That's a good point... lotta young folks who maybe don't know the history of the program and how bad it really is.

But I'm 27 and I'm tired of this ish lol

Can't fix stupid

Good point. I’m sure they’re are some younger in their 20’s that get it. I’m 37 and couldn’t get it more.

I hate my generation and the people under it (not all). Just so damn off putting.

Side note. This is how much Twitter morons mean to me.

A store called HCI supply (that sells random fixer up house shit) got a ton of toilet paper rolls in that they were selling during the ass wiping scare during covid.

They were only advertising the shipments coming in on Twitter. I literally made a Twitter account to know when I’d be able to wipe my ass.

I’m being serious that is all I’ve ever used it For.

Twitter had all levels of fan. They have the casuals. They have the spouses and significant others that consider theirselves Kentucky fans but probably wouldn’t know the game was on if their partner didn’t turn it on. They have young fans who’ve only known the Cal era since they’ve been old enough tk follow and are scared of change etc…..all this demographics are more likely to have a rah rah we can do it attitude. The Twitter people who are actually basketball people (players, scouts, coaches etc) have been just as critical of the product the last few years.

People that invest time posting on this board are more than likely fans that lean more to the diehard side of the house and care more about “The List”, the tradition, and our greater standing amongst College Basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus Polinski
Twitter users that comment on UK mostly show their real faces and most are adults whereas here you have some rival fans and some Jack bags that cry and moan in and anonymity and 95% of their whining about Cal is them venting about their disdain for their own lives.

This site is getting crazy. @Mike_Edwards got another thread deleted/locked yesterday by tagging Rowland. This is the second one that I know of.

@Gromcat thread was deleted yesterday.

Multiple sock accounts post here (at least that’s the way it looks).

Cal may have someone on here posting.

It’s like a soap opera. Let’s just hope UK wins Saturday and starts some positive momentum.

probably just the ones you’re following. The KSR accounts are filled with replies that are just as if not more done with Cal. I have a couple followers that are pro-Cal but for the most part my other UK followers are like me. Done with Cal

This site is getting crazy. @Mike_Edwards got another thread deleted/locked yesterday by tagging Rowland. This is the second one that I know of.

@Gromcat thread was deleted yesterday.

Multiple sock accounts post here (at least that’s the way it looks).

Cal may have someone on here posting.

It’s like a soap opera. Let’s just hope UK wins Saturday and starts some positive momentum.

What was Mike’s thread about that was deleted?

Oh Calipari has people here for sure.

probably just the ones you’re following. The KSR accounts are filled with replies that are just as if not more done with Cal. I have a couple followers that are pro-Cal but for the most part my other UK followers are like me. Done with Cal

I had some seminars on campus for grad work recently I couldn’t find a single person except a random advisor that supported Calipari in Lexington. Spoke to at least 10 people eating and in seminar with UK garb on that want him out. The advisor said he “trust in Calipari”. I told him that’s pretty crazy man, and he even said it probably is at this point.

I just can’t find Calipari supporters anywhere but here and there on the board, and I think it’s Calipari moles anyway.

What was Mike’s thread about that was deleted?

Oh Calipari has people here for sure.
Not his thread. It was a thread that made him mad. Just like mine awhile back. It was the thread about Oscar living off campus. Then asked if the players were tested for performance enhancing drugs. Silly thread, but calling on Rowland to delete it was over the top. Sure enough, five minutes after tagging him it was deleted. He posted this in my thread a while back. Was locked soon afterwards.

mike_ Edwards -
Jrowland 18 pages of hearsay that 💯is not good for the long term of the program. At what point are clicks worth more than integrity?

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
On this board hating Calipari is some form of group identity and search for acceptance. It means you’re “one of us”. And in reality, most fans just want to win, hate when we lose, and don’t give it a lot more thought.

Then please, give it no more thought, and take ur bottom back to main board where you feel cool.

Very average guy that tries very hard. The main board is more your style.

Not his thread. It was a thread that made him mad. Just like mine awhile back. It was the thread about Oscar living off campus. Then asked if the players were tested for performance enhancing drugs. Silly thread, but calling on Rowland to delete it was over the top. Sure enough, five minutes after tagging him it was deleted. He posted this in my thread a while back. Was locked soon afterwards.

mike_ Edwards -
18 pages of hearsay that 💯is not good for the long term of the program. At what point are clicks worth more than integrity?

Eh; I see. Yea I wouldn’t be discussing those sorts of things because it just doesn’t help. But I’m not a mod, or the alt mod, but you might want to delete that Rowland tag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT