ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the excitement?

When we lost 3 in a row at home everyone was off the bus.

If I told you then we'd finish out the season 7-2 and get a 3 seed would you guys not have been thrilled?

Seems pretty ho hum around here.
The CHC is devastated that we got a 3 seed.

They were hoping for much worse.

Reactions: 4UK4Life
I’m so excited that we got to go out in the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament in something we used to dominate. I’m used to watching us play 3 days of basketball instead only got to watch us play 1 day. I know with Cal by now we should only be used to 1 day. I want to be excited for the NCAA draw but in recent years when we have had a bracket open up for us Cal has crapped the bed. We are getting used to 1 day in the NCAA tournament too which is sad when we usually had at least the first 2 weekends worst case scenario. I just hope Cal can do something with it and we hang around for more than one weekend. I used to get all excited for this time of year we used to own it! I want to get back to those days but I just don’t think it will be as long as Cal is here because I just don’t think he has it in him.

When we lost 3 in a row at home everyone was off the bus.

If I told you then we'd finish out the season 7-2 and get a 3 seed would you guys not have been thrilled?

Seems pretty ho hum around here.
I think the majority are in wait and see mode because of what’s happened since 2020 to Kentucky basketball. Very happy they got a good draw, but they have to take advantage of it

This time of year is always exciting and stressful for me because I do care about the Cats. Keeping my expectations tempered though so an eventual loss won't sting as bad as being blindly optimistic to not see it coming. Hope for the best is all you can do as a fan.

Reactions: VandyCat
Most who don't live on these boards are excited. When online, some feel they need to outdepress the next guy. It's like the guy who calls the KSR postgame show after midnight after a loss and says he just doesn't care anymore. Then he gets reminded that if he didn't care, he'd be in bed and not calling into an am postgame show when everyone else in his home is asleep. We just lost so it's trendy to pretend we may not win another game.

This board makes up a very small percentage of our fanbase. Everyone I know are very excited and I have a friend going to the game Thursday

Reactions: 4UK4Life
It was refreshing to have yesterday and today as extra days of rest. Hope springs eternal!

Cal has killed the joy. Harshed the buzz. With this draw and the talent on the team we should be ecstatic. But then there’s Cal. Somebody post a Debbie Downer meme with Cals face.

St. Peters is in this thing again.

I think TN can win that game pretty easily, but hey here's hoping they get a little bit of the misery we experienced.

Reactions: gharding07
My circle was really excited when we beat UT to close out an impressive regular season win streak. Then we crapped the bed in Nashville. So there’s the usual March madness excitement but everyone I know is also pretty realistic with their expectations given the past few years and the head scratchers we’ve had this year.

Time to shake off the SEC tournament and root for the Cats. The pieces are there, just have to put it all together. Praying to see the Cats make a serious run this year. We are overdue

St. Peters is in this thing again.

I think TN can win that game pretty easily, but hey here's hoping they get a little bit of the misery we experienced.
Could easily happen if they can score. Control Zeigler and JJ a bit and UT isn't THAT tough. You just have to hope Knecht doesn't beat you by himself.

Cal has killed the joy. Harshed the buzz. With this draw and the talent on the team we should be ecstatic. But then there’s Cal. Somebody post a Debbie Downer meme with Cals face.
HBK0cpQ.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT