ADVERTISEMENT

Bored right now and just thinking out loud........

ib4ky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2005
Bored right now and just thinking out loud........

First off UK and BBN NEEDS at least ONE tournament title THIS year, or at least long runs in both tourneys to get this ship redirected back to the early Cal years.....

Hypothetical choices/ which do you choose........
UK Scenario #1:
Win four of last six, finish at 22-9.
UK probably plays SEC Thursday,
Go 2-1 in SEC tourney, finish at 24-10,
NCAA tourney 6-seed,
Beat an 11-seed, beat a 3-seed, lose to a 2-seed, go 2-1 in tourney, out in second weekend, finish year 26-11.
2024/25 Returnees (??): UGO, Thierro, Burks, Hart, and one of (Wagner, Edwards).

UK Scenario #2:
Win five of last six, finish at 23-8,
UK plays SEC Friday,
Go 2-0 on Friday and Saturday in SEC tourney (because Sunday SEC tourney results rarely if ever mean anything with selection Sunday) and be 25-8, lose SEC tourney final, 2-1 to start NCAA at 25-9,
NCAA tourney 3-seed,
Beat an 14-seed, beat a 6-seed, beat a 2-seed, lose to a 1-seed, go 3-1 in tourney, out in Elite-8, finish year 28-10.
2024/25 Returnees (??): Thierro, Burks, Hart.

UK Scenario #3:
Win two of last six, finish at 20-11.
UK plays SEC Thursday,
Go 1-1 in SEC tourney, finish at 21-12,
NCAA tourney 9-seed,
Beat an 8-seed, lose to a 1-seed, go 1-1 in tourney, out after first weekend, finish year 22-13.
2024/25 Returnees (??): UGO, Thierro, Burks, Hart, Shep, Z and one of (Wagner, Edwards).

This week will give us a real good idea of the scenario we are headed for. If the last two games prove out to be a start of something good, we may make a whole knew scenario and make it to the four.

p_12.gif

I think we could be as good as anyone else in the country, I think they're things that need to be cleaned up like our defense and rebounding but that's something that can be fixed.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
I had Scenario #4 on there but I thought it was too outlandish of a pipe dream, so I took it off and put it next to my Powerball tickets. 😉😉

Never been much of a Nascsar fan.

I am hoping we can continue our intensity at lsu Wednesday cal has got us in a situation to where we have to win out or lose no more than one game to get a top 4 seed losing 3 straight sec games at home hard to overcome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT