ADVERTISEMENT

Where were you watching when Latener hit that shot?

I believe that I was watching paint dry.

Geez... I was watching the game.

On a date at the movies. Brought a radio. 10 other people were listening to the game as well and giving play by play announcements.

After Woods hit that shot the whole place went crazy. After the Latener shot everyone was pissed. I remember 3-4 couples leaving during the movie.

If you are wondering why I was watching a movie during the game I totally understand. No excuses other than dating a senior when I was a freshman. Was doing everything I could to score my own way.

Anddddd

Funny/Sad, story... I was a sophomore in HS in Florida (parents relocated). I was playing in a baseball game and we had TV in our locker room that was attached to the dugout. I was the ONLY person that cared about this game so I had it turned on and would run in between innings to see the score. I was supposed to be on deck when Sean Woods hit the shot. As Duke is in-bounding the ball the announcer is calling my name to bat. My coach is yelling my name and then Laettner hits the shot. I sulked all the way to the batters box. The most pathetic attempt at hitting a baseball came soon after...

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
Ft. Irwin California as a newbie soldier. People thought I was insane after they witnessed how pissed off I was.

Good lord this is like reopening a wound. I still suffer from ptsd from this crap. The only court he's on now is bankruptcy lol. I was in my parents basement. I was 11 and I cried my eyes out two days straight. It was the first time I felt true pain from a sport specifically uk basketball. To this day it still hurts

Good lord this is like reopening a wound. I still suffer from ptsd from this crap. The only court he's on now is bankruptcy lol. I was in my parents basement. I was 11 and I cried my eyes out two days straight. It was the first time I felt true pain from a sport specifically uk basketball. To this day it still hurts

Same exact spot for me except I was 12.

I destroyed a giant lego hotel I'd been building for weeks. First time I ever cried over a game.

In an orchestra pit, during intermission. Not joking at all. Friend brought a little B&W TV and we watched during the first act (sound off, obviously) and it ended near the end of regulation.

2nd act sucked.

Ramada Inn Portsmouth Oh . Never forget setting in my garage at home listening to the post game show .

In my bedroom as a kid. I thew my remote against the wall and it shattered. My dad came running into my room because he thought I was hurt.

Wish I hadn't broken the remote. It sucked having to get up and changed the channel manually for the nxt couple of yrs.

Winners Spirits and Food, I worked the first half of the came, then came out to watch the second half. After Woods hit the shot to go ahead, the place erupted, people were going crazy. After Laettner hit it, you could hear a pin drop. My roommate was a Duke fan, I went straight to the phone, called him and cussed him out.

I was at local watering and eating hole, with 16 buddies, as we do a March Madness bracket each year.

In a kind way his name is spelled: Laettner

Two rows from the top in the Spectrum, in the end zone right where he hit the damn shot. :uzi:

That was the only game I saw in person the entire time Rick Pitino coached at UK.

After I moved to the Philly area in 2004 I went to a few concerts at the Spectrum (they tore it down in 2009.) Always bugged me a little whenever I went in there.

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
I've enjoyed reading all the responses. I'm sure everyone remembers where they were that day. I was 10 and in the living room with my father. I cried like a baby when we lost. Woods shot was miraculous in itself. I was sure we had won the game. One of the best days of my life because my father and I watched possibly the best NCAA game ever played together.

I was in high school. I was supposed to go meet a friend to go out that night. I was watching the game and once we got down I figured it was done and I better go. As I drove to my buddy's house I could hear us coming back. I got there and watched it with his mom and dad. I just remember that when my buddy's dad saw Thomas Hill's reaction, he said "they must not be counting it!" Alas. I drove home listening to Cawood say goodbye and then some self-centered sumbitch interrupted him. 17 years old.

I hate/love the memory. It's one of the most primal emotions I've ever felt in my life.

The McDowell Artist Colony in Peterborough New Hampshire. I was watching it by myself on an old B and W tv in the den while the rest of the artists where listing to a sonta in the library. I walked in after the game like somebody thumped me with a rock and and I tried to explain what i had just witnessed. I got blank, disinterested stares like I was speaking a foreign language. true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT