ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Gameday UCONN is definitely a BB

I agree, the portal is the new trend. A coach can rebuild quickly with the right players. I wanted Dalton Knecht last off-season, but for whatever reason, We never took a serious look at him or if we did we weren't very convincing.

Indeed! And as a longtime College Basketball fan I absolutely hate it, but it is what it is. There are two choices, stomp one’s foot and rail against the portal or “if you can’t beat em, join em” and try to get some of them as well to supplement the roster.

Reactions: Lea and Catfan2226
UConn could've fallen off a cliff when the original Big East dissovled but their athletic department woke up and realized that basketball was more valuable to them than football so they went independent in football and rejoined its old Big East friends for a much better basketball conference. I don't think its any surprise that they found their footing again after that move was made.

Definitely a superior program to UK the last 25 years… it’s depressing to even think about.

They’ve had some down seasons… even losing ones! However, when it comes to final fours and natty count, it’s not close!

Might as well share the love (or misery?) as there would be two more banners hanging in Rupp if it were not for the Huskies.
Assuming Cal would've outcoached Brad Stevens is something I'd love to believe in hindsight but doubt would happen in '11.

Cal should've won in '14 but Kevin OIlie's guards destroyed him and he allowed UConn to dictate the pace of the game just as I believe he would've with Butler in '11.

Assuming Cal would've outcoached Brad Stevens is something I'd love to believe in hindsight but doubt would happen in '11.

Cal should've won in '14 but Kevin OIlie's guards destroyed him and he allowed UConn to dictate the pace of the game just as I believe he would've with Butler in '11.
That is one of many problems i have with him, he constantly lets the other team dictate the tempo.

Not sure they are a BLUE BLOOD. they are a great program. They are 25th in all time wins. Their win percentage is 64%. They have been playing since 1901 (2 years longer than UK and others).

That is like Saying UCLA is a blue blood when they had a 10 year period of dominance. Lets check back in about 20 years from now. They might have 15 NCAA Championships. They might be the program all others are measured.

Not a blue blood *yet. That implies bloodline royalty in the sport. They are missing the 40s-89 history.

But they are an Elite top tier program. Ppl have gotten lazy and over used Blueblood to water down the meaning to purely consistently pupate top 10 all time.

They can’t be irrelevant for more decades than they’ve been relevant in the history of the sport. Currently they have been relevant about 3 decades. But that doesn’t mean they never will be…the longer the CBB timeline, the less the 40-70s make up of the timeline…that’s a 1/3 of the timeline rn and UConn has only been relevant 1/3 of the history of CBB. Give it another 2-3 decades of them being a top 5-10 team and this conversation is different as the generations to come will see them as “been there from the beginning. But as of today, you still have ppl alive that remember them being a nobody…those ppl have to die off and UConn stay elite and once everyone alive of all ages at least 60 and under can’t remember a time they weren’t a huge part of CBB fabric then they’ll be a blue blood.

Retiring Rip Hamilton’s jersey today. Jim Calhoun is there with him. Rip hit a half-court shot straight out being cold. Calhoun says the best thing about it was having 2 Duke players having to watch it.
You can talk smack when you’ve won 3 NC’s.
Rip said last time he played on that court they were number 1 in the country and today they are ranked number 1 in the country.
5 NC’s with 3 different coaches. Definitely a blue blood program. Probably get number 6 this season.
If Calturd isn’t shown the door they may pass us in NC’s.
We would kick your UConn ass if we get to play you.

I agree.

People say it counts less because so far UCONN hasn't sustained it for three full decades. But the 2.6 decades they have sustained it for have spanned parity, G League, One And Done, NIL, the portal, and the Me generation.

I'm not so sure that doesn't actually count more.
Thank God our white guys were better than theirs back in the day or we’d be #3 on the NCAA title list!!

• Haha
Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT