ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody cared when it was UK.....

I'm fine with banning court storming. Or perhaps we can allow a minute or something to let the players off the court. It's not something I worry a lot about.

But, I feel like a lot of the reason this has been such a talking point is Caitlyn Clark and Filipowski both "could have been hurt." Both initiated the contact. It's interesting that all of their teammates managed to get out of the court without being run into.

How many court storms have happened without player contact?

When profanities were being spewed...When UK fans had drinks tossed at them.....When UK fans were trampled and had injuries at IU....
But let one Dukie be touched in a court storming and ESPN is distraught.
Where is the Wat shot and popcorn boxes ESPIN???

Well stated. Just like when Vitale was going insane with Maryland fans when JJ Redick was getting called out while he and others didn't say much when Patrick Ewing was having bananas/ape signs and derogatory things about his intelligence/character as well as racially being called an "Ape", "Monkey", and the N-word at games. When it hits "closer to home" and as I've shared ad nauseum with the board-look at the amount of Duke talking heads in CBB media--it's going to be an issue.

Simple solution…. Your crowd storms the court = no fans allowed in the stands the next game. If it happens again after that… it is 2 games without fans
What about forfeit the next game period. And the next 2 if it happens again and so forth?

You mean kinda like this? Don't remember any national media outrage over this image. I do remember ESPN showing the court storming over and over on a loop with nothing said about Darius Miller lying defenseless on the ground and a UK fan having her ankle almost broken in the stands.
Why you continue to be unable to see the hypocrisy is the question.

Those are not fans storming the court. That is the winning team's players. A different conversation.

Those are not fans storming the court. That is the winning team's players. A different conversation.
You're just wrong. Watch these videos.
The players stormed immediately followed by the fans. You can see another UK player trying to pull him up off the floor as the fans ran onto the court and surround him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT