ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Jaxson Robinson

I haven’t done that, I don’t “hate” KY. I’ve said a hundred times, I want KY to be good…we need KY to be good. It’s important for our conference, from a selfish perspective and a national perspective. I’ve not been negative about anything, just because I believe JR is being touted as something he’s not, isn’t negative, it doesn’t mean he’s not a good addition, none of that. Just basketball wise, he may not be what you expect. Hey man, if I’m wrong, I have no issue eating every bit of my crow. He may score 30 and KY beat us by a 100, if so…I’ll be here to eat my plate of crap.
You’re not coy or witty. Not one Kentucky fan here cares to read your smug posts. Find a hobby.

I put some BYU games on via Youtube as background while doing some work-related reading that didn't require full attention last night -- a couple February wins over Kansas and Baylor, an early win over NC State...

I love how quickly and decisively he gets off a shot. He has NBA range. He moves well without the ball, got open with some nice cuts to the basket. And he was a better finisher than I thought. While certainly not making a direct comparison, there was a little bit of college ball Devin Booker in his game in terms of his ability to score in different ways and get to the basket with deceptive quickness, sort of a glide to the hoop.

He also seemed active on defense. I came away impressed. I'd done a similar exercise watching Chaz Lanier when Kentucky was in the running - against lesser competition. I'll leave it at this: If I could only have one, I wouldn't hesitate to take Robinson.
My only worry with all these guys is none of them have SEC experience. Our league is unlike anything they have seen. Pope too. They better bring some convicts from prison league in to help get them ready. Gotta be able to drive while someone is holding you. Gotta learn to jump backwards when someone jumps into you to create contact. That’s just two things most the league IS COACHED TO DO.

My only worry with all these guys is none of them have SEC experience. Our league is unlike anything they have seen. Pope too. They better bring some convicts from prison league in to help get them ready. Gotta be able to drive while someone is holding you. Gotta learn to jump backwards when someone jumps into you to create contact. That’s just two things most the league IS COACHED TO DO.
Jaxson Robinson played at Arkansas and Texas A&M. For SEC ball you just have to adjust too moving screens being legal, freedom of movement not being allowed, but a fast whistle in the post. Just your everyday awful officiating.

I like the Allen Edwards with a 3pt shot comparison someone made.... Robinson a little taller and may even have a little more wiggle in his drive than Edwards.... Strictly a SF to me. Awesome addition. Also, he will have plenty of competition to be our leading scorer... very good for us IMHO.

My question would be who is being overhyped the most by each fanbase Cal, or Robinson? Any true KY fan definitely knows the answer to this.

We have had a couple guys that would have played better on the weed 😆
I am going retro here but Jaxson reminds of Chris Mullins who played at st johns all american and had a great nba career too

Why is the weed stigma still so prevalent? So many NBA and NFL players use it.
It’s a Stephen A Smith rant reference….

But Dodson was continuously in the doghouse here and failed drug test eventually leading to a transfer….where he was then arrested and kicked off their team as well

Weed isn’t bad as an isolated factor…can be beneficial to treat certain things…but when it’s against the NCAA bylaws and you still choose to partake then it is an insight into character, priorities and decision making…that usually goes along with a lack of work ethic bc you don’t care enough or don’t have the self discipline to not smoke during season knowing it could blow up in your face and hurt the team

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Yo right but Krissa, Butler, Oweh, Almonor look pretty tough.

Sorry you’re upset.
Man, I've been a UK fan for almost 36 years. Since Cal quit you have posted here way more than I have. Nearly every thread I open has one of your posts. Have you posted anything on the ark board in the last month? You are probably a UK fan with a old troll-burner account that you discovered a new use for after the Cal to arky thing happened. There are probably a couple of threads on here where you weirdly have conversations with yourself through multiple accounts.

Also, stop with the gaslighting. Most of your posts are lightweight trash talk like this.
In 2024…yes, this is not gonna go the way you think it will. Keep filling your roster with Saunders, Jaxon Robinson, the Illinois kid, etc It’s going to be tough. Yall better get some horses, no flame.

Last edited:
Man, I've been a UK fan for almost 36 years. Since Cal quit you have posted here way more than I have. Nearly every thread I open has one of your posts. Have you posted anything on the ark board in the last month? You are probably a UK fan with a old troll-burner account that you discovered a new use for after the Cal to arky thing happened. There are probably a couple of threads on here where you weirdly have conversations with yourself through multiple accounts.

Also, stop with the gaslighting. Most of your posts are lightweight trash talk like this.
Is that “trash talk”, did you read the rest of the thread?

He's like a Darious who hangs out more on the three point line. I have a feeling the NBA feedback was he needs to be more versatile in his scoring and prove he's a capable rebounder. If he does those things he could be very good.

Why does that make it more acceptable?
Why doesn’t it? If elite athletes are using it and saying it helps them who are you to question it? It helped me for pain management and migraines, and sure it’s doing the same for them. The only thing besides opiates (which I obviously wouldnt want to take if I didn’t have to) that helped my sciatica pain, which allowed me to work out consistently, which got me to lose 40+ pounds and now I’m in the best physical shape of my life.

But I’m sure you know better than I do…

Why doesn’t it? If elite athletes are using it and saying it helps them who are you to question it? It helped me for pain management and migraines, and sure it’s doing the same for them. The only thing besides opiates (which I obviously wouldnt want to take if I didn’t have to) that helped my sciatica pain, which allowed me to work out consistently, which got me to lose 40+ pounds and now I’m in the best physical shape of my life.

Look, I have no problem with weed and it should be legal everywhere. But the fact is, it isn't. It's against the rules and if you play sports you know this. If you can't follow the rules, you don't play. If you don't like the rules, don't play. If it's too hard for you not to smoke in order to be able to be there for your team mates, then yeah, weed is a problem for you and you probably shouldn't do it. Life is filled with rules we disagree with. You either follow them or follow them while trying to change them. It's called being an adult.

Reactions: Ron Mehico

I didn’t question it. Try reading better. You seem awfully defensive about your pot use, something that’s typical of pot users. Good for you that you lost weight. Pot users are always justifying pot saying how it’s the only thing that eases this or fixes that. Hey great, but I pretty much guarantee you’re underachieving and making excuses in your life and pot is a big part of it. Hey, successful and hard working people would like to be stoned and feeling groovy all the time, but they/we choose otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EastLansingCat
I didn’t question it. Try reading better. You seem awfully defensive about your pot use, something that’s typical of pot users. Good for you that you lost weight. Pot users are always justifying pot saying how it’s the only thing that eases this or fixes that. Hey great, but I pretty much guarantee you’re underachieving and making excuses in your life and pot is a big part of it. Hey, successful and hard working people would like to be stoned and feeling groovy all the time, but they choose otherwise but we choose otherwise.
Nah I read it correctly. I don’t smoke anymore. Maybe you’re not as smart as you think you are. I may or may not be as successful as you, but that doesn’t matter to me. I was successful enough to retire at 32 years old and that’s good enough for me.

I didn’t question it. Try reading better. You seem awfully defensive about your pot use, something that’s typical of pot users. Good for you that you lost weight. Pot users are always justifying pot saying how it’s the only thing that eases this or fixes that. Hey great, but I pretty much guarantee you’re underachieving and making excuses in your life and pot is a big part of it. Hey, successful and hard working people would like to be stoned and feeling groovy all the time, but they choose otherwise but we choose otherwise.
Bless your heart. You probably even drink. A MUCH heavier buzz. Some of the most successful friends I have to this day smoke. And I went to MSU so no not idiots...underachieving because of the lightest drug in the world. Give. Me. A. Break.

Hell I'm in the healthcare industry and can easily smoke after work without issue.

Good lawddddddd.

Reactions: BigKari
Bless your heart. You probably even drink. A MUCH heavier buzz. Some of the most successful friends I have to this day smoke. And I went to MSU so no not idiots...underachieving because of the lightest drug in the world. Give. Me. A. Break.

Hell I'm in the healthcare industry and can easily smoke after work without issue.

Good lawddddddd.
So being in the healthcare industry myself, as a Dr, see you for what you are-a technician, a janitor in a hospital. I’m sure your successful stoner friends have reached tremendous heights(nurses, x-ray techs). Thanks for your blessings btw. Typical stoner, justifying how innocuous it is.

So being in the healthcare industry myself, as a Dr, see you for what you are-a technician, a janitor in a hospital. I’m sure your successful stoner friends have reached tremendous heights(nurses, x-ray techs). Thanks for your blessings btw. Typical stoner, justifying how innocuous it is.
Good luck without those you sneer down at that keep the show on the road.

I'd think a doctor would have some gratitude for nurses, PA's, and especially skilled techs rather than haughtily looking down your nose at such hard working folks.

You may well be the go to player on the team but you cannot be much better than your team.

I would not crap on or minimize my team to score points on the web because such doesn't even belong in my head.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Pretending to be a doctor on the internet huh? Congrats on your success 😂

Anyway, back on topic, I really don’t see any reason Robinson can’t be similar, if not a very minor step down, from Reeves. Seems to have a very similar trajectory and skill set.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
I know you’re not a doctor, because doctors value the nurses they work with.

He and Kody Brea are similar players. Their stat lines lack rebounding, assist and steals. Brea is a stand still 3 point shooter who is deadly and Robinson is better at creating his own shot off the dribble. It will be interesting to see how coach Pope figures out his rotations.

He and Kody Brea are similar players. Their stat lines lack rebounding, assist and steals. Brea is a stand still 3 point shooter who is deadly and Robinson is better at creating his own shot off the dribble. It will be interesting to see how coach Pope figures out his rotations.
I thought Brea was only a stand still, catch and shoot guy. But after looking closer at him I think he could be more. I believe that was because of the way he was used.

I thought Brea was only a stand still, catch and shoot guy. But after looking closer at him I think he could be more. I believe that was because of the way he was used.
So at times we could go Krissa at the one, Robinson at the two and Brea at the three for maximum offense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT